* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 17939 times)

0 Members

Offline mouse80

modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #160 on: 7/02/21, 16:27 »
Enjoy your leave Tickety-boo. My partner is an nhs doctor and Iím an nhs psychologist so I appreciate how relentless it has been. I really hope you get sometime to rest. I always test a bit early but thatís because I am very impatient. I think 9d5dt you should get a pretty solid result on a frer or equivalent.

Hope the 2WW is going ok for some of you. Iím dreading that part!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ellieh17

modify
    January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies g
    « Reply #161 on: 7/02/21, 19:56 »
    hi everyone

Sorry Iíve been awol for a while,

Leanne hope your LO is getting better

SuperMaria my cousins amazing 7 year old was from a frozen 2day embryo and was their lowest graded embryo and the only one that took from their 6 day 3 and day 2 embryos.

Tickety-boo , welcome fellow NHS worker, I work in a genetics lab. Itís certainly been an experience over the last year for us, I canít imagine what itís been like for you. Enjoy your leave.

Fyfey hope your scan goes well tomorrow

Wobbly glad things seem to be going to plan good luck for your scan

Lola I had no real symptoms during either of my tww (both were bfp), the only thing I really noticed was a big change in how i felt went the trigger left my system. 2WW is horrendous. The first time I was at work, this time round I was on leave and I drove myself round the bend being stuck in the house!!

Asinglerose huge hugs to you. Hope this week goes well & good luck for your beta on Friday

Sky blue good luck for your 2ww

Hannahbox welcome

Sorry if Iíve missed anyone

Just a quick update on me, test on Thursday was another positive so Iíve got my early scan booked for 17th Feb.

Huge hugs and sticky baby dust to you all  ^fairydust^

Ellie

Online LeanneR

modify
    « Reply #162 on: 7/02/21, 20:27 »
    Lola - keep positive. Fingers crossed for a good result
    Ticketyboo - thank you. Thatís good to know. Hope your last shift goes well.  My clinic is 14 days
    Fifey - thank you. No results yet. She seems much better today though so hopefully itís just been a wee bug. She was very brave getting the test done but it took a lot of persuasion.
    Ellieh17 - thank you. congratulations thatís great news. Hope the 17th comes quickly for you and the time doesnít drag
    Supermaria - thank you. that trip to the toilet after transfer is horrific. No matter how much your told it canít be flushed out your mind still plays tricks on you.

Hi to everyone else and hope your all doing ok xx

Offline Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 7/02/21, 20:29 »
    Aww congrats Ellie, thanks wonderful news.
    Hope everything goes well for you 😊

Offline skyblue79

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 7/02/21, 22:45 »
    Thank you sorry has traveling back to london from Greece hence the silence
    @Asingrose: Thank you so much. I am wishing better results for you soon.  Yes the FET went just fine
    @Tickety book Welcome to the group also
    @WobblyTulip: Thank you so much. Wishing positive vibes. Things will be ok
    @LeanneR: I hope your daughter feels better soon and hope covid test comes back negative. Thinking of you.
    @SuperMaria: Hope your FET went well too
    @Fyfey Fingers crossed for your baseline on monday
    @Ellieh17: Congratulations and All the best for Test of Friday and early scan

AFM: FET went well. Had it done on the 4/02/2021
    My OTD is 15/02/2021, Super nervous. I am catching myself looking for symptoms and i have none so far.
    I had day 5 embryos transfered i don't know if i should be feeling anything by now or not. This journey is super stressful
     ^fairydust^

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #165 on: 8/02/21, 17:37 »
    Evening Everyone,

I hope everyone is well and had a lovely weekend :)

Lola, Good luck for tomrrow, how are you feeling? Ive never had bloods for a test, when will you know the results?

Tickety, I hope your fortnight leave is restful and you do whatever makes you happy! :) As mouse said, I would say 9dp5dt is a pretty accurate results, however I have heard people being negative right up until test day! We are all so different eh

Mouse, I am also dreading the 2WW..... although I feel at this moment in time, it feels like its too far away to even think about!

Eliie, how exciting! 17th Feb isnt far away at all.... how many weeks will you be then? How exciting!!

Leanne, hows the wee one now? any results back?

Skyblue, Oh was your cycle in Greece? how was that, giving the current climate? Aww I know the 15th seems like ages away when you are in the 2WW, but its really not far away now! Good Luck!!

AFM - I had my baseline earlier today... Im still not down regg'd fully, despite getting changed to injections and being on them for longer than the spray, thats 3 weeks today I've been DR'ing, so from today Ive to double the dose! Thinking back, Im sure I used to inject morning and night on my first cycle years ago which gave us our daughter!
    How long did everyone else DR for?
    Ive to go back next Thursday (18th) and by then, I'll have been DR'ing for 4.5 weeks! Im hoping that all is ok then and that I can start stimming the next day!!! So really Im only delayed one week, but it doesnt stop you feeling disheartened and a little hacked off.... why can't our bodies not just do their job! lol I wish I had done a journal or something from my first IVF, so that I can remember all of these things!

Anyway, I'll get going just now!

Take care
    F x

Offline Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 8/02/21, 18:54 »
    Hey Fyfey, I cant attend for a blood test tomorrow cos Im isolating after travel. So have to wait til the end of the week to do a HPT. Whats a few more days eh 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Hope you get to start stims after next scan🙏🏼

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #167 on: 9/02/21, 09:54 »
    Aw apologies Lola, Iíve misread that! Fingers crossed for your HPT

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 9/02/21, 15:51 »
    Fyfey - good luck with everything! Any delay at this point just feels rude doesn't it?
    Maria - that's so weird about the fresh transfer, I would have thought it would be your choice? From my obsessive research it does seem that quality doesn't mean that much though! Fingers crossed for you  ^hugme^
    Lola - good luck for your HPT!

Sorry for keeping it short, my brain power has abandoned me this week! I managed to overstim on a mild cycle so my clinic has said no chance of a fresh transfer. I was heartbroken as I feel like all we've done is wait but I am able to look on the bright side now that I am slightly less full of hormones. I felt awful over the weekend and am only just starting to feel better, we nearly had a trip to A&E on Saturday  :-\ I'm on more Cetrotide and now Clexane to battle the OHSS.
    Unfortunately our embryos are not doing well either. It's day 4 now - we had a call on day 3 to say only 5 out of 16 eggs fertilised normally and these were developing very slowly. There was one 6 cell that might be alright and two 5 cells that might catch up if we're lucky but we can expect to lose the other two by day 5 tomorrow. But losing them all is now a possibility. I've been very tempted to call for an update today but I'm going to hold out for my embryologist update tomorrow morning.
    When I spoke to her on day 1 she said that my eggs looked good (I'm 32 and have normal AMH so we were hoping they'd be good) but that ICSI had been very difficult as the thawed sperm was just twitching and not motile. From the test that was done immediately after his surgical retrieval, we were told to expect motile sperm, so this is really disappointing. We got a call on the day of my egg collection for permission to thaw multiple straws and we said absolutely, please thaw as many as you need. But then we were told they only thawed one in order to preserve the sperm for future rounds. So we feel like the sperm has been prioritised over the eggs and this isn't what we wanted. We had 5 straws in storage and we cannot afford to do 5 rounds of IVF (and I don't think my health can take it anyway) so they have been preserved for no good reason and we're concerned that non-motile sperm from a bad straw has been used, effectively wasting my eggs. So we're both feeling very deflated with OHSS, poor embryo development and not being listened to :(

Oh and congratulations Eliie! Amazing news  ^daisy^

Offline Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 9/02/21, 17:04 »
    Aw Emily, thats heartbreaking after going through all of that 😕
    But dont give up just yet- u only need 1 good one to do the trick 🙏🏼
    Hope you get some good news tomorrow x