* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 17969 times)

0 Members

Offline skyblue79

modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #170 on: 10/02/21, 09:18 »
Emily thinking of you today. Please keep strong x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online Tickety-boo

modify
    « Reply #171 on: 10/02/21, 10:47 »
    Emily - I really hope today brings you some good news. Whatever happens I think if you have concerns about the decisions that were made it is reasonable to ask them about it. Itís important for us to understand their thought processes in order for us to trust them.

Fyfey - I really hope you get to start stims soon.

Skyblue - good luck for your 2ww.

Ellie/mouse - you know itís strangely comforting to know other NHS workers are having a go! Definitely my family have concerns about me doing it currently given the nature of work so this gives me reassurance. Ellie Iím glad youíre getting positives. Mousse how are things going your end now?

Blodyn - hello again! Where are you up to in all this? I remember travel restrictions were playing havoc for you.

SuperMaria - howís the 2ww going?

Leanne - any news on your cycle/your daughters test?

Lola- I hope your isolation is going ok.

Sorry if I missed you.

Afm- Transfer went smoothly yesterday. It was a single day 5 embryo transfer and my OTD is February 22nd. Iíll definitely test before then though (I know myself too well) so immediately ordered some first response tests online. I wouldnít buy tests until after transfer incase neither of my embryos defrosted well. I also exchanged on my house yesterday so it was a big day all in all. Today I plan to just potter about, drink tea, watch crap tv and try and avoid the dogs jumping on me.

Offline LeanneR

modify
    « Reply #172 on: 10/02/21, 16:41 »
    Hi everyone. How are you all doing?

Ticketyboo - glad to hear your transfer went well. Hope the 2ww is quick for you. When do you think youll test?
    Emily - have you heard how your embryos are doing? i really hope you get some good news.
    Skyblue - Glad your fet went well. Not long to go. Got my fingers crossed for you.

Still no results for my daughter. We got a text this morning with results for someone else!! So they told us to go get her tested again. Clinic have been really good. Changed my appointment to today, then had to call and say i couldn't make it so they've made me another for tomorrow. Just hoping the results of the 2nd test come through quick and ill still be on track for transfer next week! Main thing is shes feeling much better.

hugs and baby dust to you all xx

Online SuperMaria

modify
    « Reply #173 on: 10/02/21, 19:12 »
    "Itís important for us to understand their thought processes in order for us to trust them"

well said Tickety-boo! I'm still annoyed with my clinic for making decision without even tell me before!

@Emily hope you have good news today, I feel your pain for not be listened! x
    @LeanneR how on earth they sent you someone's else result!! glad she's feeling better at least, hope her results comes quick!
    @skyblue79 my OTD is as well 15/02, I'm trying not to think about it!

Online WobblyTulip

• Natural BFP after 5 x IVF and 2 x mc. Then 1 mc.
    modify
    « Reply #174 on: 11/02/21, 08:24 »
    Hi everyone!
    Sorry for the radio silence Iíve been very busy at work. Looks like things are moving along for many of you.

Emily Iím really hoping that youíve got good news about your embryos and that you have one to transfer
    Maria how is the 2ww going?
    Ticketyboo I hope that your next two weeks goes smoothly - all the best
    Leanne fingers crossed you get your daughterís Covid results soon and can continue with treatment
    Fyfey what a pain that you are still not down regged - Itís amazing how much our bodies resist it. Fingers crossed!
    Sky blue - how are you feeling? Hope the two week wait is going okay

AFM not much to report this week. No appointments apart from had acupuncture. Next week is a critical week with our first early scan on Tuesday to see if bean is growing. Anxious about that after 3 miscarriages, but telling myself each day I am pregnant with a healthy growing baby. If that scan is ok then i have to go to London again on Thursday for another drip. GP has agreed to prescribe some of my meds so that is good and will reduce the costs of everything going forwards.

modify
    « Reply #175 on: 11/02/21, 12:57 »
    We got the call this morning confirming that none of our embryos made it. The embryologist said that the surgically extracted sperm is just too weak. The next step would probably be a donor but my partner is dead against it. He would rather not have children but not being a mum doesn't feel like an option to me. I'm completely heartbroken and don't know what to do. We're going to ask the clinic why on earth they didn't thaw another straw if it was such poor quality.

Hope you're all doing well xx

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #176 on: 11/02/21, 14:35 »
    Afternoon All,

Firstly Emily, Im heartbroken for you both! What a horrible predicament to be in :( Yeah I would defo be questioning why they didn't thaw out more straws!! :( Do you think your OH would come round through time or with more research into it? You can select donors who have similar characteristics to yourself! No one need ever know that it's a donor etc... having said that I don't know how I would feel if it wasnt my egg! It is a tricky situation to have to discuss with your partner!! :( I hope you are as well as can be hun and that you can work through this. Take care xx

Oh Tickety, it has been a busy time for you! How are you doing? When are you thinking that you might cave and test? the 22nd seems a while away yet, although in the grand scheme of things, its only a week on Monday!! Have you been symptom spotting of any kind?

Leanne, I hope your appointment went well today! :)

Maria, how are you coping?

Wobbly, everything sounds like its going well with you, its always good to be busy and keep our minds occupied during this time! How have you been feeling in general? All the best for next Thursday.... will be thinking about you!

AFM, day 4 of double dosing and I defo feel like its making a difference... I am so tired and for the past three nights Ive been in bed before 9 with a stinking headache, I was also awake through the night last night with hot flushes! You know what though, I don't mind one bit, as long as I believe that its working and making a difference to whats going on inside of me! I do believe this time that it is working and that by next Thursday I will be down reg'd properly and ready to start stims the following day!

Take care everyone x

Online Tickety-boo

modify
    « Reply #177 on: 11/02/21, 15:04 »
    Oh Emily Iím so sorry. It must feel really raw at the moment. Look after yourself. Itís hard when it feels like youíre on a different page to your partner when it comes to fertility/children. But this is new information for the both of you to process. You may find some common ground as you keep talking.

Definitely talk to your clinic about what happened. Iíve had a few moments when Iíve questioned my care on this journey and I think we should do this. The questions allow me to make informed decisions about my future care and any clinic should be happy to answer questions. We pay them enough bloody money after all!

Fyfey - that sounds very promising! Iíve never down regulated as Iíve only ever done short protocols - even my frozen embryo transfer has been done on a short protocol! But my friends that have done long protocols always talk about their ďmini menopauseĒ symptoms so sounds like youíre on track!

Iím ok, just bumbling along. You canít help but symptom spot can you? Even though I didnít have a single symptom with my last pregnancy (ectopic) suddenly Iím looking for the hidden meaning in everything. Iíve had a few aches and pains around my pelvis. The odd sharp shooting pain here and there. Not like period pain or cramping, just there and then not there a few moments later. Like today one of the dogs was going nuts because he couldnít get his ball from under the sofa. So I got down on my knees to drag it out with the stick of wood we literally keep in the corner of the room for this exact reason and I felt a sudden sharp pain. And then it was gone. My boobs were sore the day of transfer but now not so much. I donít know when Iíll test if Iím honest. Iíll just fold one day and then probably be disappointed by a negative result which is too early to mean anything! With my ectopic I was negative every time I tested until the official day. Then I had the faintest positive known to man, which got progressively darker up until the moment it all went wrong.

Online Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #178 on: 11/02/21, 16:22 »
    Oh Emily, Im heartbroken for you. Thats really tough after going through all of that. I would have thought that the clinic should have checked the sperm quality before it was frozen, no? Very frustrating, but as Tickety said, maybe your husband needs a bit of time to deal with it all. We all say rash things when weíre upset so maybe he just needs time to grieve for it all first.

Tickety, I know its rough waiting til OTD but at least u know the result will be accurate. Weíre holding off til the wknd so that it will be a definitive Y or N 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Good luck ❤️

Offline LeanneR

modify
    « Reply #179 on: 11/02/21, 16:33 »
    Hi ladies

Wobblytulip - Oh not long till your first scan. I really hope your little bean is growing nicely. How far along will you be by tuesday?

Emilyinthegarden - Im so so sorry :( sending lots of virtual love and hugs to you. Take care of yourself and i hope you and your husband can agree on a way forward x

Fyfey - Sounds like that double dose is doing the job  :)

Tickety - its hard not to symptom spot. i was exactly the same. Its hard not to cave and test early. Im determined this time i wont but i know i will

AFM - Finally got results for my daughter this morning from the 2nd test and it was negative. So i made it to my appointment today. Lining 11.7 so i start cyclogest pessaries on saturday and transfer will be next friday.

Hope everyone is doing okay xx