* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 17920 times)

0 Members

Offline mouse80

modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #180 on: 11/02/21, 19:58 »
Emily Iím so sorry this is devastating news. I hope you get a chance to talk it through with your clinic as to why they didnít defrost another straw. I can empathise with the donor conversation as that would be our next steps and my partner is not that keen.

Leanne I am pleased your daughter is ok and that you finally got the negative test confirmed.

Wobbly hope you are doing ok, not long to wait.

Fyfey I you canít start stims soon.

Tickety-boo hope you are managing to enjoy a bit of time off work. I know when it comes to my 2ww I will struggle not to test early.

ATM things havenít gone to plan again for me. After my scan app on Monday my lining had not improved. So my doctor had me come back today and confirmed my lining is still 5.8. However after discussing it with the team we have decided to go ahead with the transfer. His view was that we know the lining is healthy because I had a hysteroscopy and there is no scaring and itís also triple lining. We have already cancelled this fet before Xmas and there are no guarantees that anything would be any different on a natural cycle. Basically I donít think synthetic estrogen works for me! So Iím booked in for transfer next Thursday with a plan to go straight into my next fresh if this one doesnít stick. Not hugely hopeful but just glad we have a plan!

Sorry if I have missed anyone and hope you are all ok.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Online SuperMaria

modify
    « Reply #181 on: 11/02/21, 21:01 »
    @WobblyTulip hope it goes all well at the next scan!

@emilyinthegarden so sorry to hear about that, I suggest as well to speak with the clinic and ask why a weak sperm was chosen. What about maybe trying with another clinic where they could do a better job on ICSI/male factor before considering donor? Hope you and your partner find a solution, hugs to both.  ^hugme^

@Fyfey I donít have experience with down regíd, but looks like itís all working fine for you!

@Tickety-boo difficult to symptoms spot at this stage, Iím feeling the same

@LeanneR phew glad your daughter is negative! And youíre back on track with the cycle

@mouse80 glad you managed to get a transfer next Thursday!

AFM: today itís 7 days since ET and last night I forgot to take a dose of progesterone, doh! :-[ I woke up in the night realising it and now Iím anxious this will cause my period to arrive? (should be due tomorrow). Iím trying to spot symptoms for pregnancy, but so far I canít really tell... Iím having few aches and pains behind my pelvis (kidney areas) but maybe they are period pain? No sore boobs so far! OTD is on Monday so not too long to find out, but the 2ww is starting to killing me! ^pray^

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #182 on: 11/02/21, 21:11 »
    Just a quick pop in, Tickety - congrats on being PUPO, feels like an eternity for you to get this far! Travel is a nightmare, i'm supposed to suck it up and go next month and deal with the quarantines, but i'm contemplating delaying a month. I work in the LA social services department as a carers lead/commissioner so in theory front line and had my first dose of the vaccination last month and the second one due the last week of March. I'm currently working with the local health board for tier 6 and going to casually ask if i can be bumped for the second dose a week early so that i can do IVF without the quarantine in Greece. Given Greece have already agreed free travel with Israel and the plan to map it out everywhere else for vaccinated travellers, it may just be possible by then. We're using frozen sperm so it would just be me travelling anyway. I'm rambling, but i'm hopeful!

Emily, I'm so sorry you got that call. It sucks, and given I'm using frozen on my next cycle, i'm really expecting a similar result. They never seem to say too much on it, but there seems to be a huge drop off with frozen material. My clinic have advised against it even if we need to move on to very young donor eggs. They're agreeing to my next cycle because i'm pretty geriatric and any cycle is a chance right now. Would you consider cycling abroad where they do the TESE on the same day as your egg collection? My husband has almost nothing there, and what he has is pretty rubbish, however at almost 42 and days before 43 my clinic have managed to get me pregnant twice. I just don't stay pregnant - but thats another story.

Please don't let this experience push you to call it a day, there are many other avenues to explore.

Offline skyblue79

modify
    « Reply #183 on: 11/02/21, 23:58 »
    Tickety: great news your transfer went smoothly now On 2WW, congratulations on being PUPO
    LeanneR: glad your daughter is negative and treatment moving to right direction. Wishing you best of luck Friday.

SuperMaria: how are you getting on with the 2WW, 4 days to go. This is super hard

WobblyTulip: scan what exciting news. Super wishing you best on Tuesday and itís a good thing Gp has agreed to prescribe meds.

Emily: such a terrible news, I am so sorry to hear that. It must be an awful time for you and your husband. Please keep strong

Fyfey: itís great that you feel the dose is making different

Mouse80: I am so sorry things havenít gone to plan. The good thing is that transfer is going ahead. Have they suggested anything that can aid the lining other than estrogen?
    AFM: plodding along in my 2ww, so dreadful. Analysing any symptoms that I think I am feeling, maybe itís all in my head. I have bought a HPT but just havenít got the courage to test and see negative. Yesterday had nightmares on 2 separate maps that I got a negative. This is super hard. I am kinda looking forward to Monday at the same time not looking forward to it because as long as there is a goal to OTD, I have hope.

Offline skyblue79

modify
    « Reply #184 on: 12/02/21, 05:44 »
    So been woken up with worry, had FET on 4/02/2021 day 5 blasts. Almost all the way through I have had small background cramps on and off. This am at
    03:50am been woken up with intense lower abdo cramps, so intense that I felt hot and felt like vomiting. It lasted 10 minutes.
    Now super scared to sleep and scared itís all over for me. Has anyone experienced this and gone and had a BFP at this late stage. I only have 3 days to OTD

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #185 on: 12/02/21, 10:28 »
    Happy Friday All,

Mouse, as you said you just never know what the lining is at on a natural pregnancy, so 5.8 might just be fine!! :) Everyone is so different, and the fact that they are happy enough to transfer must mean something!! Theres still a week to go between now and transfer, so there might even be a thickening beforehand as well. Try to remain positive hun, you have a plan! :)

Maria, I wouldnt worry too much about the progesterone, I read elsewhere that there is enough to keep us going if we do miss one. Oh i think Id be caving by now, If i were you! You are so clase to test day.... are you working Monday?

Blodyn, I would be doing what I could so I could avoid the quarantine in Greece as well, It's worth a shot asking if you can get it early! Go for it! :) Good Luck for when the time comes!

Skyblue, try not to worry too much about the pain, it could just be the embryo settling in!! I know that's easy for me to say hun, but please try and remain positive until you know for sure! Do you think you will test early with the HPT you've got?

Sorry if ive missed anyone, I hope everyone is doing fine on this crazy journey.

Online SuperMaria

modify
    « Reply #186 on: 12/02/21, 10:42 »
    yes Fyfey, I'm working on Monday so will go to the clinic after 5pm, I guess won't have the results until the next day! One additional day to the wait! :o

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #187 on: 12/02/21, 12:27 »
    Awwwww its a blood test! Oh no, I think I would need to be doing a HPT, I dont think I would want the news from someone over the phone or an email. I would rather have a rough idea myself beforehand.

TC x

Offline skyblue79

modify
    « Reply #188 on: 12/02/21, 14:43 »
    Fyfey: thank you so much for words of encouragement. I will hang in there

Offline mollymartha

modify
    « Reply #189 on: 12/02/21, 15:29 »
    So been woken up with worry, had FET on 4/02/2021 day 5 blasts. Almost all the way through I have had small background cramps on and off. This am at
    03:50am been woken up with intense lower abdo cramps, so intense that I felt hot and felt like vomiting. It lasted 10 minutes.
    Now super scared to sleep and scared itís all over for me. Has anyone experienced this and gone and had a BFP at this late stage. I only have 3 days to OTD

Sorry to jump on just browsing but yes I had the exact cramps you describe with my daughter, at the time I assumed it was af arriving but I git the biggest shock of my life wuth a beautiful bfp I'm still in shock now and she's one lol i had theses odd intense cramps from the Friday into Saturday night after she was put back as a 5 day blast fresh transfer on the Wednesday it was always at 3am every other night for 3 nights over 6 nights it woke me up always at 3am lasted about half an hour to an hour I never usually get af pain but assumed it was af kept running to the loo paranoid the 3rd time it also made me feel sick i had to do deep
     Breathing til it eased, it was literally the only symptom I had didn't realise at the time as just thought oh no it will be a really bad af after the ivf so thought that's what it was . It was the most weird pain though and I was so so convinced it hadn't worked wanted ti just stop my cyclogest til my clinic insisted i take my beta I literally almost collapsed and fainted in tears at work when they called me with a bfp biggest best shock of my life will never forget that moment or feeling ever....please please don't give up hope yet no test has told you it's a BFN yet so there's still every hope of a bfp lots of ladies have all kinds if weird pains no reason why I think mine were some kind of implanaton pain they woke me up so odd always and at
    Same kind of time every other night, please try to stay calm if you are pregnant you don't want any extra stress easier said than done I know lol but honestly you still, have hope yet of a bfp very best of luck x