* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 4490 times)

0 Members

Offline Tiger Smiles

modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #20 on: 4/01/21, 11:56 »
Hey Dusky!

Well done on being pro-active and emailing your Dr 👏🏻😀😀

At least if nothing else it will open up a conversation with you and him/her.
They may well be a reason why theyíve not given it to you, Iíve learned through this process, depending on where you go what you get varies. Hope it goes well.

AFM, currently sat in clinic waiting for HCG test to come back.  We shall wait and see. Fingers crossed.
Keep you posted.  ❤️❤️❤️

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 4/01/21, 17:38 »
    Thinking of you Tiger Smiles.

Had a reply saying no, no surprises there then... said I had no call to have it... itís like banging my head against a brick wall...

Is anyone taking a protein powder, not for building muscle of course, just read on ZW website x

Offline Tiger Smiles

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 4/01/21, 18:28 »
    Hey Dusky,
    What!? They just said a Ďflat out no?í You should ask if there a medical reason that you can not have it? Or is it financial ?  🤔

I dont know which country you are in, nor how itís been funded, so there may well be a financial constraint on their budget. But please do remember if during this treatment your doctor is not giving you or let me phrase it differently, supporting you the way you need. Then honestly I would switch practice or dr. They of course may still say no, but you need someone who will take the time to explain and at least explain hon.  X❤️❤️

AFM, hard to write but itís a BFN. None of the Fab Four took, they were all top grades as well. 😩

Need to stop the medication now and wait for AF & obgyn wants me to do a hysteroscopy in a couple weeks.  Not sure if Iíll jump back in one month after the hysteroscopy to do another.  Of course itís a rubbish situation, but our time will come. I am certain of that.

So having a glass of wine & a massive packet of crisps right now!  Xx

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 4/01/21, 23:07 »
    Oh I am so so sorry to read that, sending you so much strength right now x Your time will absolutely come xx

No explanation, just that there is no recognised clinical reason for me to have it... Not financial as we have to pay unfortunately. We have been with the clinic for over 12 years, couldnít imagine changing tbh, I know that probably sounds daft, and itís our last go...

Has anyone heard from their clinics re lockdown yet? Xx

Offline Tiger Smiles

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 5/01/21, 08:29 »
    Hey Dusty,
    Aww I hope it works out for you hon!
    Xxx

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 5/01/21, 19:59 »
    Thank you so much x Really daft question but how are you doing? X

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 6/01/21, 16:26 »
    My drugs were delivered today :) Feels more real now... Have acupuncture tomorrow, canít wait.

Has anyone heard that peas and spinach arenít good for fertility?

Offline SuperMaria

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 6/01/21, 16:41 »
    Good evening everyone and Happy New Year! :)

@Tiger Smiles good luck with the test ^hugme^
    @Dusky 7 my clinic said they are open as normal during lockdown, phew!

I'm having a scan tomorrow for my 2nd cycle (I'm doing a 3 package with FET on the 3rd one). So far on 1st cycle out of 4 fertilized embryos, only 1 was frozen (day 3 quality) and the rest discarded, fingers crossed I'm getting more this month (egg collection this weekend, with a bit of luck!)

Good luck to us all for this 2021  ^Heart^

Offline emilyinthegarden

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 7/01/21, 15:08 »
    Hi everyone,

@WobblyTulip, can I ask what kind of immunology treatment you're having? My sticky blood antibodies were borderline so I've been advised to go on clexane as well as aspirin if we do get a BFP. My rheumy has said my autoimmune activity (very low level connective tissue disease) is too low to need steroids or anything similar, so I'm just wondering if there's anything else you've been advised? I'm taking a fair few supplements - ubiquinol, DHA, spirulina along with the usual suspects - already, and I've been having acupuncture for a while as well.

We did have a natural pregnancy a few years ago that ended at around 6 weeks and then I had a cluster of chemicals so we are being very cautious to do everything we can to make this one stick. Although the current theory is that my partner's fertility had already begun to struggle before he became completely azoospermatic. So hopefully the sperm they extracted directly from the source should be much healthier.

My meds are being delivered tomorrow, Bemfola, Ovitrelle and Cetrotide, so it's all starting to feel very real now! I almost feel guilty for being so nervous as we've waited for so long to get to this point and have had so many let-downs but it feels good to speak to people that know how this feels, it's been quite shocking to witness how insensitive people can be about these things. If I hear 'ohhh you can always just adopt' one more time...  ::)

@Dusky7 I've never heard that about spinach and peas, do you know the reason? I would have thought spinach would be great as it's full of iron and folic acid

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 7/01/21, 19:21 »
    Emilyinthegarden, it was in a Fertility diet book, spoke to acupuncturist about it today and she said you have to eat a lot of it to affect your calcium absorption. I eat spinach pretty much every day, love the stuff, going to cut back a bit.