* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 17946 times)

0 Members

Offline Dusky7

modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #60 on: 18/01/21, 18:02 »
Help please ladies, really need some second opinions...

I have IBS, mostly managed with low FODMAP diet, last few weeks has been awful, really painful, not sleeping, obviously affecting what I am eating, feel quite stressed with it tbh. Went to GP, waiting for colonoscopy and test results, and a breast exam as have tender lumpy boob.

Basically I donít know whether to carry on with cycle or not. Due to have last pill Wednesday and Buserelin injections this weekend so really need to decide ASAP...

I have been on DHEA for (what will be in time for EC) 3 months, and Pregnacare and vitamin D. Have only just started Omega 3, PQQ and Ubiquinol, part of me wants to delay because I donít feel physically (and because of this mentally) well enough and part to get three months of supps...

Spoke to clinic this avo and they said fine to delay til april, just £400 charge... money is also a factor of course, but thatís not too bad, been having acupuncture, but thatís good for IBS too, Iíll just have to have a break as canít afford to keep it going...

Would really really appreciate your thoughts please. I am so indecisive at the best of times...xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Emz17

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 19/01/21, 07:43 »
    Bless u hun. I understand ur issue, my metformin was increased a week before this cycle which really gives me bad side effects (diarrhoea, weakness etc) I felt exactly the same as you but decided to go ahead. I am now going for my first tracking scan today. To be honest I have felt real crappy and have spent most of the time in bed but if it means I get my dream it is worth all of it. Basically I made my decision to keep going this round when I was writing my journal one evening and a little quote at the bottom of the page said ď just when you are about to give up that is when miracles happenĒ I wish I had more scientific help to give u but I just followed my heart and let the rest just happen. Good luck in whatever u decide dusky.
    Emz xxx

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 19/01/21, 12:44 »
    Ah thank you Emz, how did your scan go?

I think if I had been on the supplements for 3 months I would carry on, but that on top of it, and the mammogram, I still canít decide tho...xx

Offline Emz17

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 19/01/21, 12:57 »
    My scan went well thank you 30 follies on one side and 15 on the other and more than last time seem to look mature (by the size anyway) waiting for a call to see if they want to increase or decrease any medication. I usually overstimulate so we are happy with that so far.
    I was thinking about increasing supplements but after speaking with my doc and my councillor I decided not too as they said it can come to a point where you take too many?! Also could fish oils affect ibs at all? Have you got a councillor who you could talk your decision through with? X

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 19/01/21, 14:54 »
    Thatís brilliant!! You must be over the moon :)

I donít know, Iíve never taken Omega 3 before... Consultant has just said what I am on is ok, pregnacare, Vit D, Ubiquinol, DHEA, PQQ and Omega 3... I havenít heard anywhere that is too many 😬 Not had counselling through the clinic for years, might ask xx

Online WobblyTulip

• Natural BFP after 5 x IVF and 2 x mc. Then 1 mc.
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 19/01/21, 18:50 »
    Hey Dusky - sorry to hear youíve been struggling. Have you been checked for coeliac disease at all? I think chat with your partner if you have one and make a decision together. A frostie will wait for when youíre ready. Ubiquinol and PQQ are more used for egg quality than a FET, so although you would normally want to be on supplements ahead of a cycle it might be less relevant for a FET.

Emz - thatís a massive crop of follicles! Hope they manage it well and donít cause OHSS. Do you have PCOS by any chance?

AFM: should hear tomorrow about timing for an embryo transfer on Thursday. For now itís keep up with all the meds, vitamins and injections. I had hoped that ET would land on a Friday which is my non working day, but itís now on Thursday. Unfortunately I have some critical client meetings so looks like I wonít be able to take the full day off. I also have to help host a virtual work dinner in the evening. Itís really hard to know how the logistics of the day will work out.

Offline Emz17

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 19/01/21, 19:32 »
    Defo check the omega 3 dusky my mum has ibs and she has to be really careful with omega 3 and fish oil i agree have a word with your family your not alone good luck with with ever decision it is we are all here either way 😘

Hi wobblytulip wow u sound so busy yeh I do have pcos lol on my first round at this stage I had over 30 follicles on both sides! So this time is better for me, they use a different trigger also and if they get too many eggs on collection we will freeze all. Fingers crossed I am ok. 🙂

Offline ellieh17

modify
    « Reply #67 on: 19/01/21, 20:49 »
    Dusky Iwish I could give you a massive hug. ^hugme^ If it was me I would wait until your health is in a better place in order to maximise your chances of success unless age was really against you. Surely your clinic would feel the same as they would want the best outcome for you and for their figures.

Wobbly tulip hope you manage to squeeze transfer in your busy day or maybe you can see if you can palm some of your work on your colleagues. Good luck for Thursday

Emz17 good luck with egg collection. Hope you donít get OHSS and are able to do a fresh transfer.

Iím 1dp5dt today. We had one grade 2 blastocyst which was transferred yesterday. Our other 2 embryos stopped dividing at day 3. ^pray^ For a sticky one despite it not being the greatest grade blastocyst.

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 19/01/21, 22:01 »
    Evening All,

Well Iíve read back and feel like Iíve got to know you all a bit... Iíve a feeling this will be me a more frequent poster now. I started my buserlin injection yesterday, so on day 2. Not feeling much different, but I reckon it wonít be long before the hormonal witch comes out!!!! 🙈 Iíve not given myself an injection for 6 years and didnít get any refresher on it, so I was a bit nervous yesterday, making sure I was doing it right! Still not 100% sure wether I administered it correctly!
    Iím expecting to hear this week when my baseline is, I was told anytime after 3rd Feb. Iím sure my clinic only start stims on a Friday, so would either be Friday 5th or 12th of Feb... with EC being either W/B 15th or 22nd. Iím thinking the latter is more realistic!

Dusky - I think you will know deep down how you feel about it and what the right decision is? Sometimes weíve to be kind to ourselves! Have no regrets!!!

Supermaria - howís things going with you? When are you starting your next cycle? Remember it only takes 1 embie!

Julia - How have you been? Have you tested?

Mouse - Iím sure we might have cycled together at another point. Whatís your status just now? How are you feeling about the FET?

Emily - Not long now until you start.... eeek itís so exciting isnít it?

Emz - Wow sounds like youíve got a really good amount, fingers crossed you donít Over stimulate and it all works out for you :-)

Blodyn - Nice to see you once again... whatís happening with the travel? This is a nightmare isnít it?

Wobbly - We may well have been cycle buddies previously - itís nice to see names you recognise isnít it? Although sad we are still here! How are you feeling about your ET? Maybe a busy day afterwards might be good for taking your mind away from it.

A single rose - you arenít far away from transfer day now, are you counting down? I guess you will be when you start the progesterone.

Ellie - How are you coping with the 2ww so far? When is your OTD? Good luck :-)

Take care everyone xx

Offline Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #69 on: 19/01/21, 22:05 »
    Hi Everyone,
    Tonight is my first night posting on the forum!
    A little bit about me..
    Low ovarian reserve 🙁
    -Failed IUI aged 36
    -IVF - 3 eggs retrieved, 1 mature, 0 fertilized
    -ICSI - 6 eggs retrieved, 3 mature, 0 fertilized.

After a lot of soul searching and sleepless nights, we decided to try ED. Had consultation with IB last summer and travelled to IB in Autumn as we were going to go with their guarantee plan and they wanted to do some tests on hubbyís swimmers. All his results came back fine but they said as we had no previous fertilization, they would include a clause in the guarantee program to use donor sperm if the first cycle was unsuccessful.

So instead we decided to just try one round of ED (not in the guarantee program). Weíre due to travel this Friday so fingers crossed we can get there and have a stab at it. Donor is due EC early next week but things change every day so who knows.

Wishing all of you ladies the very best of luck with your treatment

xXx