* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 4311 times)

0 Members

Offline Juliasw11

• Un-Ranked
modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #40 on: 11/01/21, 20:55 »
Dr Gorgy in London for immune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 12/01/21, 06:47 »
    Hi, how is everyone doing?

How are you feeling Julia? I often didnít feel
    Anything post transfer, donít let that worry you, easier said than done I know.

Hi Mouse, I know what you mean, it will be lovely to have something non-covid to occupy the mind! It is all so scary isnít it...sometimes DH thinks we are mad doing a cycle now but I honestly feel safest in the clinic, always mega clean anyway and even more so now...

Offline emilyinthegarden

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 12/01/21, 12:34 »
    @WobblyTulip thanks, thatís super helpful! I will look into these, I did not know about high dose fish oil. My acupuncturist has been helpful with that side of things, I have a list of things I'm supposed to avoid as well e.g. anything spicy as it can exacerbate inflammation

@SuperMaria woo same meds ;D Are you with Create? How did you feel on them? 6 fertilised sounds great! How are they getting on?

Iím still not starting injections for another 13 days, not that Iím counting, and getting impatient now. I ordered the meds from Fertility2U to come a couple of weeks in advance so I had them ready and waiting - one less thing to worry about - but now theyíre taking up so much room in the fridge and I am itching to get started.

It is a strange experience doing this in a pandemic but some aspects might be easier as I wonít have to make excuses to get out of social situations if Iím feeling crap, people asking me why Iím not drinking etc. Although my acupuncturist now has covid so that is not ideal!

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 12/01/21, 15:15 »
    Hey all no news from me, still awaiting the travel issues to resolve somewhat. Right now we're looking at cycling the middle of Feb. Having a day 3 draw just to see how the PRP has got on in a few days.

Dusky - TTC suggests you should have a good protein intake, but avoid soya based as this increases oestrogen which has a knock on effect. I drink a bottle of Ufitt a few times a week and use protein powders pancake mix for most breakfasts to boost mine. It is suggested 0.8g per kg of body weight for women, TTC articles suggest slightly more but none are specific, the only one i've read suggested 1.2-1.6g of protein per kg, so say you're 60kg a minimum intake would be 48kg if not TTC, 72g - 96g of protein if TTC. An average chicken breast is 30g, we think we've got enough ingoing, but actually, its quite challenging getting it up there, especially if you've a high BMI, i would be needing an intake of over 150g of protein for my BMI. I'd really struggle without shakes etc.   

Online WobblyTulip

• Natural BFP after 5 x IVF and 2 x mc. Then 1 mc.
    modify
    « Reply #44 on: 12/01/21, 15:51 »
    Hi! Great to see some new ladies joining the thread!

Fyfey - Iím wondering if weíve been cycle buddies together before?

Blodyn - fingers crossed it will start to be possible to travel again for medic reasons in Feb. Iíve only used extra protein on egg collection cycles, not FET. In that case I used whey protein powder in full fat milk.

Emily - those injections will start before you know it!

Dusky - not long now until you get to start!

AFM: So the lining thickness is developing well and is already at 14mm on HRT day 10 😊

Only thing is they found a fluid filled hole in my left ovary. As Iím on down reg drugs (buserelin) I should not ovulate but it looks like my body might be fighting that and trying to grow a follicle. So that means they will need to scan me over the next few days to see whatís happening and if it is a growing follicle or a cyst in my ovary. This makes the timing of an embryo transfer a bit trickier but not impossible if it is indeed a follicle. So another scan and blood test tomorrow now to see whatís happening.

This process is really not straightforward!

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 12/01/21, 23:17 »
    Thanks Blodyn76, have to say I have no idea how much I am getting, I am a veggie too and so just worry sometimes that it isnít enough, also gluten free and lactose free due to IBS so finding it tricky to get the balance atm...

Sorry, quick reply, had a rubbish day today and praying I get some sleep tonight.

Hope you are all ok xxx

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #46 on: 13/01/21, 17:22 »
    What is the difference between CoQ10 and Ubuiquinol? Xx

Offline asinglerose

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 13/01/21, 18:14 »
    Dusky7 - Ubiquinol is the bio available version of CoQ10, so itís absorbed easier by the body. Itís said that 600mg CoQ10 is equal to 300mg Ubiquinol.

WobblyTulip - great lining for day 10!!!

AFM - started estrogen pills on Friday, I wasnít prepared for how tired theyíd make me.  Iím told itíll get better once I start taking progesterone? I hope so.

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #48 on: 13/01/21, 21:25 »
    I have just bought some Ubiquinol, thank you, is it best to have 300mg a day? Didnít realise how pricey they were! I am really late in the game to start taking them. I know it is 3 months to improve egg quality etc, think things can be helped a month ahead or no...?

What pills are you on? When do you start prog? X

Offline asinglerose

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 13/01/21, 21:36 »
    Iíd take 300mg Ubiquinol for egg quality and yes, it is rather pricey, unfortunately. Some people swear supplements were a game changer so might be worth a shot for sure - even if you canít take it for 3 months. Iím taking 200mg now for my FET cycle. Honestly, I just felt great when I was taking the supplements in It Starts with the Egg and I just kinda kept taking them long after it was necessary. But Ubiquinol is definitely one Iíve taken on and off because of cost. Iím just doing an FET cycle so just on estrogen at the moment, for some reason, itís enough to make me totally exhausted. I know this isnít as bad as IVF meds so a bit surprised by my bodyís reaction but guess Iím just not really used to meds. I should start progesterone on the 23rd- transfer 29th.