* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 4315 times)

0 Members

Offline WobblyTulip

• Natural BFP after 5 x IVF and 2 x mc. Then 1 mc.
modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #50 on: 14/01/21, 02:17 »
Hi!

Dusky - as Asinglerose says, ubiquinol is more bio available. You need at least 200mg a day to make a difference to egg quality. For my egg collection cycles I used Life Systems ubiquinol. They do one version that is combined with PQQ which helps develop healthy cell mitochondria so I took 100mg of that one and 100mg of their plain one daily. And yes, 3 months is ideal for supplements ahead of EC as thatís the time from a follicle starting to develop in an ovary to it being recruited and you ovulating normally

Asinglerose - not long to transfer for you either then?! Is it a FET youíre doing like me?

AFM - clinic seem baffled by the fluid filled area on my left ovary - so another scan today and more bloods. They canít seem to decide if itís a follicle that has been recruited despite me being on buserelin or whether itís a cyst. Really hoping this doesnít mean we have to cancel embryo transfer.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ellieh17

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 14/01/21, 11:48 »
    Hi everyone

Hope you are well

Bit of a lurker on here.

Had egg collection yesterday. 6 eggs which I'm really pleased with, struggled to stim (ended up with 350 GonalF and 150 Luveris to boost things!!) So was only expecting 3 or 4.
    Heard from the clinic this morning
    All 6 eggs mature, hubby sample was good
    & 3 have fertilized!! Clinic want to do 5 day transfer on Monday. I'm sceptical we'll have anything to transfer as most of our embryos   stopped dividing at day 3 but there's hope I guess!!!
    Sending you all hugs and sticky baby dust!! xx

Offline asinglerose

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 14/01/21, 12:15 »
    ellieh17- great results, will keep fingers crossed they make it to day 5.

WobblyTulip- yes, frozen embryo transfer just like you. I didnít do a baseline ultrasound (clinic didnít ask for this) so I hope everything is fine. They want me to go in and do the check on day 14 to see how lining is progressing but Iíll do day 10 first, that way if something is wrong, thereís a bit of time to take corrective measures. I really hope fluid clears out somehow and the transfer can proceed as planned.

Dusky7 - I agree with WobblyTulip on PQQ too. Thereís been a lot of talk about it being a great complement to Ubiquinol.

Offline WobblyTulip

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 14/01/21, 19:11 »
    Hi Ellieh - great news on your fertilized eggs - fingers crossed you get at least one to a day 5 transfer this time

Asinglerose - wow I thought most clinics scanned between 7-10 days of HRT to check progress

I had another scan this morning and the rogue follicle was still there. Theyíve decided to give me a trigger shot to make me ovulate it. So I have to do that tonight and then start progesterone on Saturday. ET will be next Thursday then. Itís been a stressful day not knowing if the cycle would be cancelled or not as they werenít sure what to do with me.

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 14/01/21, 22:16 »
    So sorry to post and run, I will catch up properly tomorrow...

Any Ubiquinol and PQQ better than others? I went to holland and barrett and paid £34 (was £45!!) for 50 100mg, that will only last me 16 days... looking on Amazon there are sooo many... tia xx

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 15/01/21, 02:47 »
    Hope the trigger shot went ok, great that it is full steam ahead xx

Where did you get Life Systems from? Canít find it...x

Offline WobblyTulip

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 15/01/21, 07:41 »
    Hi Dusky
    Thanks for the good wishes. Trigger went ok last night.

I get the Life Extension ubiquinol direct from their website usually and sometimes from Amazon. It was a brand recommended by IVF nutritionist Melanie Brown.

https://www.lifeextensioneurope.co.uk/vitamins?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu4qe47ed7gIVqejtCh2hyAtVEAAYASAAEgK2jPD_BwE

Offline SuperMaria

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 15/01/21, 11:40 »
    @ellieh17 Fingers crossed for Day 5 transfer!
    @WobblyTulip glad trigger went ok!
    @emilyinthegarden, yep we share the same clinic, so far they have been good!

Today's update: had EC last week, 8 eggs collected, 6 fertilized, 1 has been frozen on Day 3...but sadly Iíve just been told none of the others made to Day 5  :'( They were all Grade 1 top quality, so I don't get why none couldn't carry on  :'(  I was so happy to get 6 embryos this time!

I have one final cycle left with the transfer this time, so I hope to get a Day 5 embryo then  ^pray^

Offline Dusky7

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 15/01/21, 19:42 »
    So sorry to read this Super Maria! Praying that embie is a strong little one, it has made it this far x

Offline WobblyTulip

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 16/01/21, 21:44 »
    So sorry Super Maria. I also had a cycle during my embryo banking where none made it to day 5. Itís gutting. Thinking of you x