* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 17528 times)

0 Members

Offline Eloise242

modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #250 on: 23/02/21, 13:30 »
Hi
Thanks Tickety-boo the embryologist rang and said that the two that were possible freezing candidates yesterday, didnít progress so that was really disappointing, as I was really hoping for one to freeze.

Hope everyone is ok

Tickety could you see a different Midwife at Epau?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LeanneR

modify
    « Reply #251 on: 23/02/21, 14:25 »
    Supermaria - nice to hear from you. Hope your doing okay. HOpe you consultation went well today.
    Beth - thats really interesting that you know your embryos gender.
    Ticketyboo - I had an issue when i was pregnant with my daughter with a midwife at the epu that i made a formal complaint about and i was told i could request when making an appointment not to have her.
    Eloise - sorry your embryos didnt progress. It only takes one though and Iíll keep my fingers crossed that this is a successful cycle for you  :)

AFM - so my message yesterday saying i wouldn't last till OTD was correct. A first response test some how managed to test my fmu today ^idiot^ It was positive. Faint but there without squinting. Hopefully I'll last a few days before that accidentally happens again and hopefully see it getting darker. Just hope its not a chemical again but im keeping positive. Now to get back to comparing my tests to others on dr google   ;D

Hope everyones doing okay xx

Offline Beth_29

modify
    « Reply #252 on: 23/02/21, 16:01 »
    LeanneR- Congrats! That's amazing you already saw a positive so early on. My transfer was on the 16th so now I'm tempted to test but I promised my partner I wouldn't until Friday! :-[
    Have you had any symptoms?

Offline LeanneR

modify
    « Reply #253 on: 23/02/21, 16:23 »
     Beth donít let me lead you astray. Youíve done so good. Hang off till Friday.  :)

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #254 on: 23/02/21, 16:47 »
    Leanne this is great news and hoping that line gets darker. I also caved today and tested on a frer and got a positive! Really shocked as I was not expecting it at all. Feeling anxious about whether it sticks! After 8 rounds of ivf Iím struggling to believe it can happen!

Beth do you think you will hold out to OTD?

Eloise Iím sorry you didnít get better news about your embryos, I hope this one sticks.

Offline Beth_29

modify
    « Reply #255 on: 23/02/21, 17:03 »
    Mouse80- That's amazing news!!! I bet it's sooo exciting to see a positive test after so many rounds. There seems to be so many positives on this forum group, it gives me hope! 

I'm holding off on testing until 10dp5dt. I figured it would be best for me to test Friday so I can grieve about it over the wknd in case it's a BFN. Honestly Im terrified of doing it and seeing a negative result.

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #256 on: 23/02/21, 17:08 »
    Afternoon All,

Ive been abit AWOL lately, Ive been pretty busy with stuff.... hosptial appointments, returning to work, DD back at school... trying to take my mind off stuff!!!

Firstly, whispering congrats to Leanne and Mouse, that sounds so positive and I really hope things progress for you both! Will you both continue to test now? I know I prob would need to! Eeeeek exciting!

Maria, How did your consultation go today?

Beth and Eloise, how are you both doing??

Tickety, super pleased to hear that your test on your OTD was a BFP!!!! Amazing news!!!! I remember chatting to you a while back on one of the buddy groups and you explained the situation with your previous experiences, I can remember asking lots of questions... it's all just came back to me that you are the same person!

AFM ladies, well I actually had a really lovely weekend, after dementing myself on Thursday night and Friday! But I pulled on the positive pants and sucked it up.... I stopped googling and focused on me, ignoring all the negative thoughts and feelings! Because deep down I aint a negative person!
    So I had my apppointment yesterday.... taken way after my scheduled time! First up a nurse scanned me, accompanied by the Sister, then a consultant arrived to scan me, followed by my actual consultant, who also wanted to scan me!!!
    The nurse originally thought that it looked like it had gone down to 5mm, from 6.2mm on Friday! Then when the consultant checked, it defo had gone down to 5mm and they thought a bleed was imminent (still not arrived btw), however the top part of my lining was looking like 11mm!! Which after almost 5 weeks on injections, shouldnt be! They also informed me that I had a bicornuate uterus, which Ive never been told before, after 11 years of infertility/gynae investigations!
    So the consultant carried out the biopsy, he was really lovely, let me feel the instrument he would use, just so i knew what was going on inside me etc! He asked if i was feeling ok with it, he would take 3 biopsies, which he did! It wasnt near as bad as i had envisaged!
    He doesnt think its anything sinister, there are no other symptons or concerns to worry about! He thinks it could be an over active production of cells/infection etc.... He had said that he had looked back my notes and from what he saw ive always had thick linings, so it does indicate towards that!
    He showed me all the cells he got afterwards and was very open and chatty, which defo helped me to feel better!
    I will hear by phonecall in 2 weeks or so!

Currently, Ive stopped all medication and now awaiting AF once again.... last time I stopped buserelin it took around 4 weeks for it to return.

I really do feel good about the whole journey though, I have stocked up on more vitamins and folic acid, I will continue the no takeaways and alcohol and basically getting my body in good shape for what the future holds!  (Ok i did have a wee cheat on Friday night - with a pizza, I needed comfort food... oh and some wine on Thursday night)....

I am looking forward to what the Spring holds for me and my wee family!!! :)

Offline Lola2021

modify
    « Reply #257 on: 23/02/21, 17:30 »
    Good luck to you all. I hope you all get your little sticky beans x

Offline LeanneR

modify
    « Reply #258 on: 23/02/21, 17:37 »
    Mouse thatís amazing. Congratulations  :) have you had any symptoms?
    Beth - Iíve had af like pains since transfer. Today Iíve had the same but more a kind of heavy feeling if that makes sense. Iíve also had one sore boob today. All are probably still symptoms front the pessaries.
    Fifey - hope your doing ok. Sounds like you have the best attitude with all this. Youíll be fighting fit and ready to go again in no time
    Lola - how are you doing?

Offline WobblyTulip

• Natural BFP after 5 x IVF and 2 x mc. Then 1 mc.
    modify
    « Reply #259 on: 23/02/21, 20:04 »
    Wow lots of activity today!
    Mouse, Ticketyboo and Leanne - congratulations on your BFPs - wonderful news! Praying for sticky beans for all 3 of you.

Eloise - sorry to hear about your embryos - hope this one is a sticky one for you x

Beth - well done on staying strong and not testing!

SuperMaria - how did your consult go? You decided a way forwards for your next cycle? Praying this will be the one for you

Fyfey - so glad to hear your positivity despite the challenges youíve had with this cycle. Iím sure there will be a way forward for you. Good that they are checking everything for you too.

AFM: Been a bit of an anxious hot mess today. My nausea seems to have totally gone since the weekend so now Iím stressed that itís another MMC. Boobs are sore sometimes and not at all others. I know the symptom spotting isnít helpful but itís triggering me as itís what happened in previous miscarriages. I have a scan at 7+4 tomorrow at the recurrent miscarriage clinic so we will see whatís what tomorrow. I am trying so hard to repeat many times a day that i have a healthy growing baby on board unless told otherwise. Last night I also attended on zoom a local pregnancy after loss support group. Everyone was so lovely and it was good to hear some positive stories and see others further along in their journey.