* Author Topic: Fertile people. I still struggle to comprehend them  (Read 1199 times)

0 Members

Offline Miss Sunshine22

• Gold Member-10018
  • Finally a BFP - 7th time lucky!
modify
Fertile people. I still struggle to comprehend them
« Reply #10 on: 28/02/21, 11:26 »
Definitely the gift that keeps on giving  ^bigbad^

K jade I love your explanation of the inexplicable fertility, that we get the child we're meant to. Makes sense to me :)

I thought I'd update on a small victory - I contacted the HFEA to ask why my husband needed a viral screening test when it was only a FET we were doing, ie his input not required. They responded almost immediately saying it was not mandatory for partners to be screened in FET and that I should discuss this with the clinic  ^clapping^ ^clapping^ small victory won!

We've still not fully decided to do our FET - it would be very high risk, given what happened in my last pregnancy, so we are weighing up our options first. That's another thing that baffles me - that pregnancies can be straightforward and go well  ::)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member-10018
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 2/03/21, 11:35 »
    Oh miss sunshine yep I'm with u there.

I didnt have a complicated pregnancy per say but I was sick from day 1 to day 40!
    However I too had a very traumatic birth  with PROM. Again it seemed like just my luck given the long ivf journey.  Dont know why I expected anything less !
    However there is a small part of me that relished  the drama of it all. Think I would of been disappointed if I'd been in hospital and out the next day. ^idiot^

Well done of fighting your corner and calling them up on these ridiculous hoops they make us jump through. That's great news they backed down

Xx

Offline Miss Sunshine22

• Gold Member-10018
    • Finally a BFP - 7th time lucky!
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 2/03/21, 20:44 »
    Thanks K jade - a small win. But I've not mentioned it yet - we've decided to move clinics instead due to a number of reasons and had a really good consultation today with the first clinic we were ever at - back full circle. So we're moving our embryos a few miles west and taking it from there. The appt was via Zoom - so much better than face to face appointments, I was so sick of waiting rooms, it was nice we could sit with a decent mug of coffee in our own house!

Sorry you had a drama with PROM - as you say, it's to be expected in the IVF world, it would be too boring if it went straightforward  ;D