* Author Topic: Should PGS be done rountinely if you cycle.past aged 38?  (Read 396 times)

0 Members

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member
Hello all.

I would like to embryo bank..I have 1 frozen embryo remaining amd i was successful with 1 ivf cycle which gave me 2 children through Fets..i am very lucky but the chances of this last frozen embryo working statistically seems at odds...because i am post poning that transfer due not being able to have immunes in covid due to travel and the drugs themselves. So i wish to embryo bank in the mean time if that fet fails. So my new clinic have said if you want to embryo bank its best to do pgs and freeze those embryos which are decent. As at 39  almost a quarter of embryos will be abnormal according.to my consultant, so he is recommend for anyone 39 plus...i see.his logic. I could end up cycling again and freezing more embryos only to use them and then fail later by which point i will be again cycling when im older.when i could have cycled earlier after doing pgs...

Any thoughts ?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement
    I would do that. Not only that you could get bnf, which is the easiest thing, but imagine having a late miscarriage or other things, God forbid. What is the name of your clinic?

Offline Leenaj

• Gold Member
    Hi cosmo,

Im with care. I was just a bit taken aback  because when i first cycled at 33 then it was a bog standard ivf. Now it's feels a bit more scarier.