* Author Topic: Multiple embryos transfers  (Read 619 times)

0 Members

Offline SuperMaria

• Full Member-10016
modify
Multiple embryos transfers
« on: 15/01/21, 10:33 »
Hello everyone

I searched on the forum and couldn't find any recent posts, how many embryos are transferred back? I know the risk of twins, but:
  • is there any chances of success if more than 1 embryo is transferred?
  • what if the embryos are different qualities or days (example Day and Day 5)?
  • What's happen if one develop and the other one not?

Thanx and have a good weekend!  :-*

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline staceysm

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 15/01/21, 18:05 »
     Hi,

I had two 3 day embryos put back on my first cycle of IVF and had 1 baby.  The grades were a A and B.

I then had two 2 day embryos put back on my second ICSI and had 1 baby.  The grades were 1 and 1-2.

I would have been more cautious about having 2 put back, if they were blastocysts though.

Good luck

X

Offline SuperMaria

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 18/01/21, 16:25 »
    Hi,

I had two 3 day embryos put back on my first cycle of IVF and had 1 baby.  The grades were a A and B.

I then had two 2 day embryos put back on my second ICSI and had 1 baby.  The grades were 1 and 1-2.

I would have been more cautious about having 2 put back, if they were blastocysts though.

Good luck

X

Many thanks for the reply, so basically putting back 2 blastocysts are not recommended

Offline jenstuttz

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 18/01/21, 18:55 »
    Our consultant said that a double transfer only increases your chances by around 5-10% but the risk of complications from multiple implantions/births is around 20% higher.

He also said something that really touched me about the destinyís of our embryos and said by putting 2 back in we would risk the destiny of each one. So there might be one destined to implant and one not and by putting them in together you risk the bad taking out the good. (Although there is no proof this would definitely happen)

Itís totally a personal choice and seek advice from your consultant. We have always just transferred one although I know people who have successfully transferred 2 and ended up with twins.

Good luck xx

Offline SuperMaria

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 19/01/21, 16:17 »
    @jenstuttz, good point, thanks!

Offline jdm4tth3ws

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 20/01/21, 08:19 »
    I've always transferred 2 whether they be day 3 or day 5 embryos. Out of 10 cycles I had a singleton on cycle 1 (2◊day 3), a good few miscarriages, 2 bfn's and cycle 10 produced originally a twin pregnancy but lost 1 at 5+3 weeks and i ended up with another singleton. Those were 2◊ day 5 embryos.

I think its down to the individual and their own personal viewpoint. For me, 2 was always the way.