* Author Topic: New to FF so here to find advice as staring ICSI soon  (Read 246 times)

0 Members

Offline laurabeth

• Un-Ranked
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, and to forums like this so sorry if I'm doing anything wrong.
I'm 36 and my husband and I have unexplained fertility an have been referred for ICSI at Glasgow ACS. We have reached the top of the list after quite a long wait, so I thought I would join this forum to try and learn more about everyone else's experiences.
I am incredibly grateful to have received the referral, excited that we might finally be able to conceive, but also really scared about the treatment.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Laura-Beth

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Qpmz

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    New to FF so here to find advice as staring ICSI soon
    « Reply #1 on: 4/02/21, 15:28 »
    Hi Laura-Beth,
    Just wanted to say good luck on your journey. I found the emotional side more difficult than the physical so Id say go easy out yourself and try not to let it take over your whole life. Easier said than done but continue doing things you enjoy whether that be a glass of wine, exercise etc.
    Also dont forget that since your infertility is unexplained you may still fall pregnant naturally so keep trying that way too. Sometimes it just takes a flipping long time!
    If you have specific questions just ask away, there are lots of people on here whove been through it. All the best.

Offline laurabeth

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    New to FF so here to find advice as staring ICSI soon
    « Reply #2 on: 4/02/21, 20:34 »
    Thanks Qpmz :-)