Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

March / April 2021 Cycle Buddies

30K views 295 replies 16 participants last post by  Pritamin 
#1 ·
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in March / April 2021

Please read the FAQ here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

[csv=]
Name , Treatment , Stimming , EC , ET , Test Date , Outcome

[/csv]

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, I was meant to be cycling now (e/c next week) but I chose to delay, it still feels odd as so desperate to get going again but I just wasn’t feeling physically well and that was affecting my mental health. Feeling a lot better now and can’t wait to get going.

My first scan is set for 6th April and e/c 19th April. This is definitely our last ICSI cycle as am getting old, and we really can’t afford another one...

Would love to chat to people so we can support each other through this crazy rollercoaster journey x

#3 ·
Hey Dusky,

We started in the Jan/Feb board together, how are you doing?

I had my baseline on Monday past and ive still a way to go to be fully DR'd, so my dose of suprecur has been increased and Ive to go back next Thursday for another scan, to see how Im doing. Im hoping to transfer the first week of March!!

Take Care x

#4 ·
Hi Fyfey, I do :) Good luck for your scan tomorrow. How are you feeling?

I had a saline hysterogram yesterday, I have a very introverted uterus and it causes huge problems at transfer, obviously no idea if that effects anything but thought I’d pay the bit extra to try and cover all I can, don’t know why they haven’t suggested it before tbh... One doc was doing it and then my consultant had to come in as he couldn’t manage to get it round... then they gave me a massive suppository antibiotic, over twice the size of Cyclogest, eek! Anyway, done now. Also had to have prescribing bloods done again as I am just outside the 3 months. Have another acupuncture session on the 16th March, will do them weekly from then, can’t afford to do that atm. First scan is the 6th April, feels aaaaaages away....! Xx

#5 ·
All go for you Dusky, yeah it makes complete sense to try and cover all basis!!!!
Oh dear the suppository doesnt sound very pleasent! It makes me laugh when I hear people saying that they lose their dignity when pregnant and in labour etc, I feel like we lose it just trying to get to that stage! If only some people knew eh?

Aww it'll come around quick, just you wait and see! The more people that join this thread as well, the quicker it will go, cause you're following other peoples milestones as well eh? I defo feel like that on the Jan/Feb thread anyway, although soon enough everyone will be done and dusted and I'll still be waiting, hence the reason im hovering about over here as well!

Im hoping the my lining is a bit thinner tomorrow, it was 6.4, 9 days ago... Do you know what they expect when down regging, I cant remember what the nurse said!!! I dont think i took much in at the appointment!

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes, my appointment isnt until later on in the afternoon, so will reply tomorrow evening!

Take Care Dusky x

#6 ·
I am very glad you’re here, otherwise it would just be me taking to myself! :)

How did it go? I don’t know specifically, I remember having 3mm once and they said that was fine, they never really show much interest at that stage tbh, just empty ovaries.

Absolutely! I was talking about the loss of dignity with a friend the other day, completely out of the window! Made me think of it when the new dr was doing the hysterogram, he was being so polite and apologising for the amount of people spectating, that he hadn’t actually sold tickets etc. I didn’t notice, it seems so normal to be in that position with a bright light baring all of your bits :) xx

#7 ·
Evening Duskey and Fyfey

I would like to join this thread ladies. I was on the site a few years ago when I was doing clomid cycles but this will be my first IVF cycle and I feel a little green. I am currently doing a week of cyclogest to induce my period as my baseline scan on 15th showed a lining of 6.9. I’m doing a short protocol of IVF due to my PCOS and will also be an egg sharer this cycle. I’m feeling really excited about it all at the moment, and I am actually looking forward to be able start the injections lol... but I’ve probably got a week before I can begin anyway.

I totally agree, the idea of maintaining dignity is long gone for me  ;D

#8 ·
Hi Lea86, lovely to have you here. Ooo a double whammy of Cyclogest 😬 It is very exciting isn’t it. My DH is a failed vasectomy reversal too.

Have they said anything to you about your fibroid? A cycle was cancelled a few years ago cos of mine, but then after it was checked out was told that no need to remove it. It stayed at 2cm since, even last cycle in august. Had saline hysterogram the other day and it is now 5cm, they said it’s fine...?!

How are you Fyfey? Xx

#10 ·
Hi all,

How is everyone? I haven't been here for such a long time (years, to be honest). I am about to start our 4th IVF cycle next Monday, and I am super excited, nervous and anxious - if any human being is allowed to feel all these feelings at once. My hubby and I had a break from IVF, and I can't believe it took us over three years to get to this point again. My doctor placed me on a long protocol, and the aim is to have egg collection (fingers crossed all goes well) at the end of March. I hope we can have lots of conversations and cheer for each other at the end of the cycle.

I wish you all, from the bottom of my heart, all the success in your cycle.

Baby dust to you all,

Blossom

#11 ·
My last night of cyclogest! Yay... I cannot believe how long I’ll have to take them after egg transfer, and the ones I’ve received say vaginal use only.

Dusky - It’s annoying because my DH actually had a normal sperm count when he had the retest a 3 months. We had planned to try then but it got out off and then it just wasn’t happening. He was devastated when he was told there was zero sperm. We weren’t told it could heal up again, but it is what it is. The SSR was so much less painful for him and we have 18 vials frozen so should be more than enough. It’s interesting some scans have picked my fibroid up and others not. No one has mentioned it for the IVF cycle, but it’s outwards anyway so as long as it remains small it should be fine. Wow your one is on the grow, luckily that size isn’t going to affect you. My family has them, it’s in DNA it seems so it was inevitable for me.

Minniemouse - Hi, how are you? Will this be your first FET? I potentially will have to do a freeze all cycle then have FET if my ovaries overstimulate. I don’t know much about the process so I’m sure I can learn from you along the way.

Blossom - Welcome back! I hope the break has served you well. I feel nervous and excited too and I think it’s perfectly normal, there’s so much vested into the process. Will this be the first time you’re doing a long protocol?

Nice to see some more people joining now!

#12 ·
Afternoon Ladies......

How are we all? Few newbies since I was last here.

Quick update from me... I had my appointment on Thursday, my lining was still too thick! So cut a long story short, Ive stopped this cycle awaiting on AF and i had a biopsy yesterday just to check things over.

Im not sure if i will start in April or if it may even be May time before EC/ET etc.... I guess it just depends the outcome of the biopsy!

I feel really positive about it all though and look forward to continuing to get my body/eggs/lining all ready for whats to come in the Spring time! I believe that everything happens for a reason and that, just now isnt the right time for me!

So i may still cycle with some of you on this board, or I might be the May board, but I hope you dont mind me loitering around until I know!

Take care x

#13 ·
Hi all, please can I join you - FET next week all being well. I used to post here a lot between around 2011-12 re need to use donor/non azoo and then again when I did our icsi cycle which resulted in our son in 2016. It’s weird being back!
It’s day 11 and I had my first blood test today, waiting on the results. Due to do a trigger and use the progesterone pessaries (yuk) but no other meds.
Transfer around 4 March - we have to travel from Geelong in aus to Sydney so hoping we aren’t locked down beside then!
I’ve never done a FET before - it’s my only frostie so it better bloody thaw ok!  ;D

#14 ·
Welcome Minniemouse and Blossom, wishing you both so much luck for your upcoming cycles. I am unsure if we will be at the same time as I will be starting injections at the end of March I think, still waiting on AF to arrive to I can start the pill and get my protocol xx

#15 ·
I missed you Wilberdoo! Really hope there isn’t a LD, how are things in Aus atm? Lots of luck to you.

Fyfey, let us know how you get on, and please stay x I feel the same, my 3 month delay will have been for a reason and 🤞 it will all work out, I have a good feeling.... I hope it doesn’t go away 🙏

#16 ·
I have come on today, phoned the clinic expecting to start the pill as I always do, and as they said I would the other week, they said that I couldn’t take it as it will affect my DHEA levels or something. She wasn’t sure of the plan so is speaking to the consultant and I’ll find out tomorrow 🤷‍♀️

#17 ·
Welcome Wilberdoo... oh not long to wait until your transfer? Where in Aus is Geelong? Sorry if I’ve spelt it wrong, I’m on  my phone and can’t check back lol

Dusky, I’ve never done the pill way before but got told it might be what happens next time... why would it affect your DHEA levels, do you know? Have you been told that before?
Yeah like you Dusky, I feel really good about moving on.... i also like forward thinking and imagine the due month if things are successful? Maybe it’s my occupation and thinking about age of the child when starting school hahaha jeez what a saddo I am! Lol

#18 ·
Hi Lea86! Thank you. I am glad it is normal to feel the way I feel. :) This is not the first time I go on the long protocol. Actually, I have only been put on a long protocol::)

Hi Fyfey! I love your positivity, wish you all the very best with your coming results. xx

Hi all,

wilberdoo... welcome and hope all goes well on your FET. I have never done one as we never had any frosties left. Will be looking forward to your post to know more. xx

minniemouse11...welcome!!! You soon will get familiarise how to navigate in the forum. Is that your first IVF and FET?

Dusky7... thank you. I am collecting my meds on 01/03 hoping AF will arrive a few days after. The doctor is aiming to do the EC 31/03. Let's see how this cycle goes. I see you are waiting to start your pills.. Would mind me asking if it is for IVF?

Sending love to you all and positivity.

B

#19 ·
I missed your post toe Lea 😬 think I need to use my laptop, am rubbish on my phone. That is so hard, after having some, 18 vials?! That is amazing! We had 9, have only used 1 vial over 13 years and 11 cycles.

Fyfey, I’m the same, already thinking of a miracle happens it will be a January baby... I know it’s mad, and I used to think it will make the fall even harder but got to have PMA (remind me I said that during the 2WW won’t you 😆), I really try and visualise it happening every day 🙏

I have always been on a long protocol, clinic phoned this avo, no pill, I am worried, mainly because it’s not what I’m used to... surely the dates they have given me for scans etc will change as they won’t be in so much control... 🤷‍♀️

Apparently the pill can completely erase all the good work 🤞 the DHEA has done, who knows, it’s the first time I’ve been on it, and the other things I am taking, normally just do pregnacare and vit D.

Hi Blossom, we have always done ICSI, no pills so will be straight to Buserelin injections, hopefully in about 5 weeks I guess now...

The sun was out here today, makes such a difference, come on vitamin D 🙌😃

#20 ·
Dusky that’s fine. It’s not easy using the mobile to do this at all. Because of covid I couldn’t go in with my DH. He came out looking really worried and told me it had gone bad and that they had only extracted 18 sperm and that they mentioned sperm donor. I was shocked and tried to offer reassurance, but said he must have been confused because the consultant was really confident they’ll find quite a bit. Anyway after a long weekend of waiting I was able to speak to someone at the clinic who confirmed he was wrong  ^idiot^ bless him! This is why he needs me there whenever these kind of discussions are taking place. Wow, you’ve not used much at all which means we’re probably going to have quite a bit left over. He isn’t keen to donate so will probably go to waste which is a shame.

Fyfey love the positive attitude. I think I’ve learnt that nothing I had tried to plan this far has come together in the way I initially envisaged so I am trying so hard to hold onto that and just go with the flow. Seems to be like you have mastered that. I hope that your biopsy doesn’t bring any horrid surprises and that it’ll be a straightforward approach to getting your lining where it needs to be.

Wilberdoo welcome! I hate those progesterone pessaries too! The thought of having to use them twice a day for weeks after transfer is awful. I can see some people have the option of using through the back door but the ones I’ve been sent specifically say only for front use. Don’t know if they’re some cheaper alternative or what! Well the 4th is just around the corner so I am sending you lots of well wishes for a successful transfer, let’s hope that your pressure embryo sticks.

Blossom I think sometimes I don’t actually know what to feel. There’s part of me that is being really pragmatic about it all, I guess to try and protect myself if it doesn’t go our way. Not easy... So have you started taking any meds yet?

Period started today but it is very light so I guess tomorrow may be considered at CD1. When I did a clomid round previously that’s what they suggested but will the clinic and see what they say. So will be starting my injection and letrozole either tomorrow or on Saturday.  :eek:  Feels like another milestone to have reached given how long ago this journey feels.

#21 ·
Hi all,

I hope you are all well and taking good care of yourself.

I have so many things to do and I feel my concentration this entire week is displaced. I just want to eat comfortable food and surfing online for good IVF stories, labour, etc. I used to read at least one book a month but I cannot concentrate at the moment. It is not like me, I am often described as a "hurricane" entering a place. It is not that I am feeling low but it is like I am waiting for something to happen so I can move on with my "normal" life. If that is not clear to you don't worry, it is not for me too ^eyes^.  I will see how I feel in the next two weeks and might get time off from work if I get too unsettled going through the cycle. Is anyone else getting time off work to do the cycle?

Lea86... I think being pragmatic sometimes means we are being protective of our feelings in a sense of trying to keep hoping. This is my fourth cycle so I also sometimes just want to get things done and moving towards the direction I want to go. In response to your question, I am currently taking only the supplements: DHEA (25mg three times a day), Fertility one 600 (a formula that is said to improve egg quality - bloody expensive! - hopefully worthy!) and melatonin. My doc recommended the first two however, after doing my own research on clinical trials, I read some positive reviews about egg quality improvement for poor IVF responders. I've been taking these meds for at least two/three months now, so I hope it gives me good quality eggs and why not more? Next Monday, I am going to my clinic to see the nurse and collect all the drugs for the treatment.
So I am really looking forward to collecting the medication and wait for AF.

I wish a lovely weekend to everyone.

B

#22 ·
Blossom - I know that feeling all too well. I’ve cut my hours down, and due to having a tonne of annual leave left I now have the majority of March off which should see me through this treatment. Could be a double edge sword. My job is extremely taxing and stressful so I’m sure counterproductive to IVF success, but given lockdown means nothing to really do, so much free time might mean overthinking everything. 😂 I believe you just need to do what feels right for you.

I’ve bought some alternative things too which I started before this cycle, one being inofolic alpha because of my pcos. I’ve also invested in acupuncture which isn’t cheap, but I enjoy that 45mins to myself to relax and I enjoy the feeling of the needles on my nerves oddly. All in the quest for good egg quality!

I hope Monday runs smoothly and your AF doesn’t keep you waiting too long!

My DH gave me first bemfola injection yesterday and I also took my letrozole table. Don’t know if I should have felt a surge of excitement?? but we went straight into a family quiz night which was fun. My first tracking scan is on Wednesday at 9am so we’ll see how I am responding soon.

I’m really missing intimacy with my DH. It’s been a couple of weeks because I was taking them blasted cyclogest (bullets) to bring on my AF. He seems fine, but just feels odd! I cannot imagine using condoms during this next phase so I think there’ll be nothing for a while as if this all goes to plan I’ve only got vaginal cyclogest following ET! 😱

Hope everyone else is doing well x

#23 ·
Hi how is everyone? I’m feeling very down, this cycle has been a logistical nightmare and I’m just feeling very fed up.
Waiting to hear about my recent scan and blood test, I think I’m late ovulating this month. Hoping I actually do ovulate, I usually do 🤷‍♀️ I find it hard not to be able to plan anything and just waiting waiting waiting  :mad: I just want a transfer date and to find out if our embryo thaws, then to deal with the 2ww!

Blossom, Lea I feel the same. I wish I’d just taken leave! It’s hard managing work and all I want to do is chill out. I can’t concentrate either! I think I need a massage or something.

Love to you all xx

#24 ·
lea86.... inofolic alpha and acupuncture seem to be such a good combination for you since you have PCOS. I hope it works wonders for your egg quality. I tried acupuncture in the past for my 2nd round of IVF, and I had a good experience (good vibes and relaxation).  ^pray^ Thanks for your best wishes for today. I woke up very early to get things ready ahead of the time of my appointment. I will update you all on my return. Congratulations on your first injection! I feel excited for you. It means things are moving and with a bit of hope in the right direction. I find it incredible how DH has been so patient during the past cycles with all the dos and don'ts of intimacy. We've learned so much from each other during the process that just helped us to grow as a couple. I hope this be a time where you also learn to love each other more through this process. I wish you a lovely week, and Wednesday is around the corner.  ^afro^

wilberdoo... I hope this message finds you well. I totally understand your feelings as I can get quite impatient at times.  I hope your clinic gets back to you today to give you your results and date to provide you with some comfort when things might happen. If it makes you feel better, give them a call just if your results are sitting in an office somewhere for someone to contact you.  ::)

It is Monday, and I am heading to the clinic in a few hours. I am excited as March has arrived with new hope. I've been waiting so long to get at this stage gain with covid-19
things have been pushed back, but I now can look forward to my cycle and wait for that precious moment we have been waiting for for so many years.  ^pray^ ^Heart^

I wish a lovely day to everyone,

B

#25 ·
Hi all, you guys are all so zen and chilled out and positive, it’s amazing!
I found out I have my transfer on Saturday- day 21 and I have already ovulated, so no need for the trigger - just the progesterone pessaries which I’ve started today.
I felt really ill today as it’s been a very stressful week but I made it and am feeling better now. I ended up not working most of today and just napping and having a bath to relax. We fly to Sydney tomorrow - family trip now - and I’m hoping nothing covid related ruins it.
I have bloods at my Sydney clinic on Friday to check progesterone levels and then just need to wait for the thaw which I’m nervous about as I only have one frostie.  :eek:
We live in Geelong in Victoria at the moment but Sydney is really our hone from hone (we are from Bristol) so will be so nice to up there.
How is everyone lse doing?

#26 ·
Hi,

How is everyone doing?

I finally got all my meds with me after visiting the clinic. I am comparing the meds I had on previous cycles, this cycle is different:

Antagonist med previously.....................now

Synarel nasal spray................................. Buserelin injection

FSH and LH stimulant previously ............................ Now

Gonal-F..................................................................MENOPOUR

Trigger injection previously .................................... now

Ovitrelle.....................................................................Ovitrelle

Progesterone (pessary) previously........................Now

Can't remember.....................................Cyclogest

I am looking forward to seeing how my body will react to these meds. Fingers are crossed for good quality eggs. ^pray^

Wilberdoo.... I can't imagine how terrifying it must be waiting to hear about the thawing process. I pray all goes well, believe it and it will!! ^pray^ It seems that is already going in the right direction you got a transfer date (Horraaaayyy!!!) which is really nice. Have a safe trip and enjoy your family time in Sydney. It will distract you for sure and give you time to think about something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.