* Author Topic: March / April 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 11025 times)

0 Members

Offline lea86

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
March / April 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #10 on: 22/02/21, 21:31 »
My last night of cyclogest! Yay... I cannot believe how long Iíll have to take them after egg transfer, and the ones Iíve received say vaginal use only.

Dusky - Itís annoying because my DH actually had a normal sperm count when he had the retest a 3 months. We had planned to try then but it got out off and then it just wasnít happening. He was devastated when he was told there was zero sperm. We werenít told it could heal up again, but it is what it is. The SSR was so much less painful for him and we have 18 vials frozen so should be more than enough. Itís interesting some scans have picked my fibroid up and others not. No one has mentioned it for the IVF cycle, but itís outwards anyway so as long as it remains small it should be fine. Wow your one is on the grow, luckily that size isnít going to affect you. My family has them, itís in DNA it seems so it was inevitable for me.

Minniemouse - Hi, how are you? Will this be your first FET? I potentially will have to do a freeze all cycle then have FET if my ovaries overstimulate. I donít know much about the process so Iím sure I can learn from you along the way.

Blossom - Welcome back! I hope the break has served you well. I feel nervous and excited too and I think itís perfectly normal, thereís so much vested into the process. Will this be the first time youíre doing a long protocol?

Nice to see some more people joining now!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fyfey

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 23/02/21, 17:21 »
    Afternoon Ladies......

How are we all? Few newbies since I was last here.

Quick update from me... I had my appointment on Thursday, my lining was still too thick! So cut a long story short, Ive stopped this cycle awaiting on AF and i had a biopsy yesterday just to check things over.

Im not sure if i will start in April or if it may even be May time before EC/ET etc.... I guess it just depends the outcome of the biopsy!

I feel really positive about it all though and look forward to continuing to get my body/eggs/lining all ready for whats to come in the Spring time! I believe that everything happens for a reason and that, just now isnt the right time for me!

So i may still cycle with some of you on this board, or I might be the May board, but I hope you dont mind me loitering around until I know!

Take care x

Offline wilberdoo

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 24/02/21, 04:21 »
    Hi all, please can I join you - FET next week all being well. I used to post here a lot between around 2011-12 re need to use donor/non azoo and then again when I did our icsi cycle which resulted in our son in 2016. Itís weird being back!
    Itís day 11 and I had my first blood test today, waiting on the results. Due to do a trigger and use the progesterone pessaries (yuk) but no other meds.
    Transfer around 4 March - we have to travel from Geelong in aus to Sydney so hoping we arenít locked down beside then!
    Iíve never done a FET before - itís my only frostie so it better bloody thaw ok!  ;D

Offline Dusky7

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 24/02/21, 08:46 »
    Welcome Minniemouse and Blossom, wishing you both so much luck for your upcoming cycles. I am unsure if we will be at the same time as I will be starting injections at the end of March I think, still waiting on AF to arrive to I can start the pill and get my protocol xx

Offline Dusky7

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 24/02/21, 08:50 »
    I missed you Wilberdoo! Really hope there isnít a LD, how are things in Aus atm? Lots of luck to you.

Fyfey, let us know how you get on, and please stay x I feel the same, my 3 month delay will have been for a reason and 🤞 it will all work out, I have a good feeling.... I hope it doesnít go away 🙏

Offline Dusky7

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 24/02/21, 17:21 »
    I have come on today, phoned the clinic expecting to start the pill as I always do, and as they said I would the other week, they said that I couldnít take it as it will affect my DHEA levels or something. She wasnít sure of the plan so is speaking to the consultant and Iíll find out tomorrow 🤷‍♀️

Offline Fyfey

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 24/02/21, 18:22 »
    Welcome Wilberdoo... oh not long to wait until your transfer? Where in Aus is Geelong? Sorry if Iíve spelt it wrong, Iím on  my phone and canít check back lol

Dusky, Iíve never done the pill way before but got told it might be what happens next time... why would it affect your DHEA levels, do you know? Have you been told that before?
    Yeah like you Dusky, I feel really good about moving on.... i also like forward thinking and imagine the due month if things are successful? Maybe itís my occupation and thinking about age of the child when starting school hahaha jeez what a saddo I am! Lol

Online Blossom_04

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 24/02/21, 20:00 »
    Hi Lea86! Thank you. I am glad it is normal to feel the way I feel.  :) This is not the first time I go on the long protocol. Actually, I have only been put on a long protocol::)

Hi Fyfey! I love your positivity, wish you all the very best with your coming results. xx

Hi all,

wilberdoo... welcome and hope all goes well on your FET. I have never done one as we never had any frosties left. Will be looking forward to your post to know more. xx

minniemouse11...welcome!!! You soon will get familiarise how to navigate in the forum. Is that your first IVF and FET?

Dusky7... thank you. I am collecting my meds on 01/03 hoping AF will arrive a few days after. The doctor is aiming to do the EC 31/03. Let's see how this cycle goes. I see you are waiting to start your pills.. Would mind me asking if it is for IVF?

Sending love to you all and positivity.

B

Offline Dusky7

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #18 on: 25/02/21, 17:53 »
    I missed your post toe Lea 😬 think I need to use my laptop, am rubbish on my phone. That is so hard, after having some, 18 vials?! That is amazing! We had 9, have only used 1 vial over 13 years and 11 cycles.

Fyfey, Iím the same, already thinking of a miracle happens it will be a January baby... I know itís mad, and I used to think it will make the fall even harder but got to have PMA (remind me I said that during the 2WW wonít you 😆), I really try and visualise it happening every day 🙏

I have always been on a long protocol, clinic phoned this avo, no pill, I am worried, mainly because itís not what Iím used to... surely the dates they have given me for scans etc will change as they wonít be in so much control... 🤷‍♀️

Apparently the pill can completely erase all the good work 🤞 the DHEA has done, who knows, itís the first time Iíve been on it, and the other things I am taking, normally just do pregnacare and vit D.

Hi Blossom, we have always done ICSI, no pills so will be straight to Buserelin injections, hopefully in about 5 weeks I guess now...

The sun was out here today, makes such a difference, come on vitamin D 🙌😃

Offline lea86

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 25/02/21, 22:19 »
    Dusky thatís fine. Itís not easy using the mobile to do this at all. Because of covid I couldnít go in with my DH. He came out looking really worried and told me it had gone bad and that they had only extracted 18 sperm and that they mentioned sperm donor. I was shocked and tried to offer reassurance, but said he must have been confused because the consultant was really confident theyíll find quite a bit. Anyway after a long weekend of waiting I was able to speak to someone at the clinic who confirmed he was wrong  ^idiot^ bless him! This is why he needs me there whenever these kind of discussions are taking place. Wow, youíve not used much at all which means weíre probably going to have quite a bit left over. He isnít keen to donate so will probably go to waste which is a shame.

Fyfey love the positive attitude. I think Iíve learnt that nothing I had tried to plan this far has come together in the way I initially envisaged so I am trying so hard to hold onto that and just go with the flow. Seems to be like you have mastered that. I hope that your biopsy doesnít bring any horrid surprises and that itíll be a straightforward approach to getting your lining where it needs to be.

Wilberdoo welcome! I hate those progesterone pessaries too! The thought of having to use them twice a day for weeks after transfer is awful. I can see some people have the option of using through the back door but the ones Iíve been sent specifically say only for front use. Donít know if theyíre some cheaper alternative or what! Well the 4th is just around the corner so I am sending you lots of well wishes for a successful transfer, letís hope that your pressure embryo sticks.

Blossom I think sometimes I donít actually know what to feel. Thereís part of me that is being really pragmatic about it all, I guess to try and protect myself if it doesnít go our way. Not easy... So have you started taking any meds yet?

Period started today but it is very light so I guess tomorrow may be considered at CD1. When I did a clomid round previously thatís what they suggested but will the clinic and see what they say. So will be starting my injection and letrozole either tomorrow or on Saturday.  :o  Feels like another milestone to have reached given how long ago this journey feels.