* Author Topic: Is home imsemination with bought sperm still possible?  (Read 1635 times)

0 Members

Offline ComeOnBaby

• Un-Ranked
Am I correct in thinking that home insemination with bought sperm is no longer possible in the UK?

Does anyone know of either a speem bank which will ship to home addresses, or a clinic which will release it for home use once it has been shipped to them?

Many thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BEmama

modify
    Is home imsemination with bought sperm still possible?
    « Reply #1 on: 5/09/18, 12:22 »
    I believe it is still possible. You can email Cryos international sperm bank to ask?

Offline ClaireCupcake

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 11/09/18, 18:54 »
    I wouldn't recommend using Cryos. Their aftercare once you have paid is appalling. They knew the law was going to change in Denmark that affected UK home delivery, yet they accepted a very large order they will not fully refund. They made no attempt to notify customers of the change in the law, either prior or after it took effect. I was left to discover it by chance here! I copied the agreement I entered into upon paying. It doesn't mention the new arrangement they expect me to accept. Yet they refuse to refund the 5 figure sum paid.

Sorry but they're dodgy. They also knowingly sell sperm that is not capable of getting recipients pregnant. A mistake that cost me a few thousand when first trying. The donors sperm is still available on their site now. They don't care that dozens of recipient used & still will use it with no success. They can see when a donors straws don't meet the average success rate, or never have any successes. Despite having been used hundreds of times. By the odds of probability it will include many fully fertile women, using it at clinics only due to their husbands being infertile. And still no pregnancies recorded. But there is no indication given on the website that hundreds have failed by using the donor.

Offline ComeOnBaby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 13/09/18, 13:28 »
    Oh dear, that really doesn't sound good!  Sorry to hear you've had such bad experiences.

Are there are other banks which offer home delivery?

Offline BEmama

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 13/09/18, 13:36 »
    I have no personal experience with them, but on their website it says that Sellmerdiers still offers home delivery if you get a form filled out by a medical professional.

Offline ComeOnBaby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 13/09/18, 13:51 »
    Thanks.  That's good to know.

Offline Want-a-baby

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 11/08/20, 02:44 »
    Hi all. We have used Cryos and our experience with them was good. Our son was born first attempt. However, I guess they only ship donor sperm to clinics and hospitals. Good luck! :-)