* Author Topic: Own egg/donor eggs  (Read 356 times)

0 Members

Offline shamrockgal

modify
Own egg/donor eggs
« on: 13/02/21, 09:54 »
Hi all, just looking input from you, whether you lovely ladies have gone through similar situation as mine. Basically we're hoping to go on this journey again of ivf/icsi. Im not getting younger so Iím going to be 42 in June so obviously success rate is pretty much low in age bracket. Im desperate to give my daughter a wee sibling. Also Iím considering using donor egg along with my husband's sperm. My question, is there a criteria that you can go ahead with donor  ie my age? x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    Own egg/donor eggs
    « Reply #1 on: 13/02/21, 14:27 »
    I used DE at 34 after several failures with own eggs

No theres no criteria for having treatment with DE. Its entirely your choice. I'd reached the end of the line with my own eggs and people come to that point at different times. It's a very individual thing but the clinic will provide whatever treatment you wish to have

Best of luck x

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Own egg/donor eggs
    « Reply #2 on: 14/02/21, 15:30 »
    Hi, some clinics limit the age, but here I mean 50-55+. Being in 40+ age bracket, you can decide on what treatment you would like to undergo, and a clinic might recommend choosing various options to increase your chances of getting pregnant. Good luck on your journey x