Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Should i change clinics ?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  miamiamo 
#1 ·
Hi, i am in need of advice....

I would like to cycle again to embryo bank so when I am ready I can do FET if we get that far. Been sucessful with my last clinic but they have stopped doing iv sedation for egg collection ( either they have no anaesthetist in the panedemic who have beem deployed back to the nhs or they have decided to avoid using a member who works in a hospital wjo could bring covid into their clinic).

So this sort of put me off a little because I do have a cyst on my left ovary and I am worried what If i wriggle around and they burst it or get less eggs out if I not coping with it.. I am due to speak to the theatre sister who would know more and she may put me to ease....or not !

So i approached a care clinic and I have so far found them slow and disorganised. I appreciate there is covid and things may be slower but what about disorganised. That i think they are panedemic or no panedemic. It took a while to get an appointment for amh and scan after my consultation with the doctor. I thought i would need to wait for those after speaking to him but he didnt write for a month later to tell me I need an amh and scan...then i after booking those in i havent had the result for another month, again being told the doctor woule review those and wrote to me..I chased it up for past 2 to 3 weeks, and then complained because the patient coordinator had said he been given your results so it's a matter of him looking at them and getting back to you. By 4.5 weeks I complained and the next day he rang obviously because i complained. Even then i was told the clinic manager would ring me as I wasnt happy that he hadn't looked at my results and got back to me so I can move forward, she never rang.  They maybe good clinically  atlhough their results are in line with national averages, but they way they run I have no idea.

I managed to get amh and scan results off them as well as the simply kept saying we can't give you the results as the doctor has to sigm them off. But i said well i have been waiting for those for 4.5 weeks so i think you better give them to me and i will sign them bloody off ! I then passed them onto my old clinic and thought maybe I should stick to where I have been despite the egg collection being done just on oral sedation.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am sorry to know you are not happy with the clinic. I would try to discuss my concerns wth a doc first and explain what I expect from them, and if this does not work, I will probably do my research on other clinics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.