* Author Topic: Lost both tubes- now starting IVF journey  (Read 277 times)

0 Members

Offline Boogle27

• Un-Ranked
modify
Lost both tubes- now starting IVF journey
« on: 19/02/21, 23:21 »
Hi everyone. Everything is still feeling hugely surreal and like itís happening to someone else so please bear with me if this intro post is a bit rambling!

I have two wonderful boys (6 & 3) but ever since I had my first, I wanted 3 children, in fact this overwhelming urge and need for another baby has increased over the years! I fell pregnant last September but unfortunately ended up having emergency surgery to remove my left Fallopian tube after a ruptured ectopic. Terrifying and sad in equal measure. I fell pregnant again and unfortunately had another ectopic in my right tube and they couldnít save it so now I have no Fallopian tubes and have lost 2 babies in 4 months.

IVF is our only option as I cannot conceive naturally. Iím terrified and desperate to start at the same time. We can only do 1 round so everything is riding on this and I just donít want to think about how Iíll feel if it doesnít work. Iím also grappling with enormous guilt over going through all this when I have two children already.

We are self funding this as obviously we donít qualify for NHS. All the NHS hospitals within reasonable distance of us are either closed to private patients due to Covid or have very long waiting lists and my age is a factor so we are most likely going with GCRM (Glasgow). Any advice/wisdom/tips for anything I can do to get myself ready for this are all gratefully received.

Thank you! xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 20/02/21, 20:29 »
    I didnít want to read and run...

Iím so sorry for your ectopics and losing your tubes.

Itís worth checking out the forum and seeing if there are any groups about the hospitals / clinics youíre looking at.

When you start treatment the groups for the treatment cycles are super helpful. You could read the latest one over as itíll have lots of women going through treatment and outlines the day in / day outs of it all.

Hope thatís helpful - good luck xx

Offline Boogle27

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 20/02/21, 21:05 »
    Thank you so much for your reply- thatís really kind of you and Iíll definitely have a bit of an explore of the forum. xxx

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 22/02/21, 16:16 »
    Hi, I am sorry to know about your story. I cannot help with any advice, just want to say I will be keeping everything crossed. x