* Author Topic: IVF Steriods for poor responders.. yes or no ??  (Read 1423 times)

0 Members

Offline madison

• Gold Member
  • My beautiful Moo

Hi,

I have asked my clinic if I could have steriods for my next (3rd) IVF/ICSI as I only get 4 eggs & only 2 fertilize each time & none have resulted in a pregancy.

I have a friend on here who dosent respond well & this time did twice as well & for the first time she was taking steriods ( dexamethasone ) . I phoned my clinic on Thur to ask if this time I could have them & the nurse said that the consultant there has only perscribed them once & she will ask him but I wasnt to hold out much hope.
 I just wondered  for when I phone back on Tue if anyone else has responded better / or had an inplantation when taking steriods ?? So Ihave more back up to pleed my case incase they say NO  >:(

Thanks all,

Love Katy, xxxxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline katielee

modify
    Re: Steriods for poor responders.. yes or no ??
    « Reply #1 on: 28/11/05, 15:20 »
    hi katy not to sure about steriods dont think many clinics give them but have you asked about doing a short course protocol i myself did not respond well to the long regime so tried the short protocol its much less stressful and only takes half the time and i had a much better response hope this is also an option for you good luck katie

Offline madison

• Gold Member
    • My beautiful Moo
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 28/11/05, 18:56 »
    Hi Katie,

I did a short protocol the second time & only produced the same amount of eggs as I did the first time on the long protocol.. I havent a clue why ??
     Thanks tho.xxxx

Anyone else please ????

Katy. xx

Offline Lorri

• Gold Member
    • My lovely Oscar - enjoying the sunshine !
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 28/11/05, 21:15 »
    Katy,
    I was on dexamethasone after ET, it didn't help implantation for me I'm afraid. I didn't like taking them at all due to the side effects, and then had to wean off them after my BFN.