* Author Topic: ivf cancelled treatment - should I try again !!  (Read 1578 times)

0 Members

Offline Gen

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Praying for a miracle
Hiya ff's,

I've recently found out that my treatment had to be cancelled due to low response (2 follies after 12 days stimming).  As I've got high FSH 12.9, I knew that this was a possibility, however I had two cycles previously with in the last 6 months where I got 4 and 5 follies respectively and made it to the tww with 2 embryos.

I'm not sure what will be said at my review appointment, however I am wondering if it is still worth continuing with another cycle (even if we're not eligible for NHS tx) paying privately.

I would really like to exhaust the possibility of having our own child before moving onto egg donation or adoption.

Any advise or encouragement welcomed!

Gen x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ♥ M J ♥

• *Forever Mummy*
    • Gold Member
    • Praying 2008 makes our dreams come true......
    modify
    Re: cancelled treatment - should I try again !!
    « Reply #1 on: 6/12/05, 12:43 »
    hey Gen

Just wanted to send you laods of hugs! i know how hard it is when they canx a cycle do to poor responce!

i think you have to do what is best for you in regards to doing another cycle before looking at egg donor/adoption

Hugs

Mez
    xxxx

Offline Wendy K

• Gold Member
    • We're a Mummy & Daddy finally and soooo in love!
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 6/12/05, 13:26 »
    Hi Gen, ^santa^

I have just had my first IVF swapped to IUI because I only produced 2 follies,
    First I was on Supercur and Puregon and produced nothing-so they swapped me to Supercur and Menopur. The difference is menopur contains some LH which you need to produce follies, but Supercur which is a suppressant  can in some cases stop LH production completely. 
    Because apparently you need at least 3 follies to go with IVF they decided I would make a good IUI cycle where 2/3 is good. There is a ? on my left side tube  being completley clear, which it was my left side that produced the 2 folles, but they said right side could pick the eggs up and that there was only a 1 in 200 chance for each follie to not produce an egg.

I am  11 days into 2ww, and I would be so happy if this worked, but am feeling very anxious.

But, If not a positive result, I may consider another go, If I can drop the Supercur this time. I have heard of people in a similar situation who dropped the suppressant and got a better response. You have to be monitored closely and the drug at the end of treatment that stops ovulation is apparently very expensive, but maybe worth a go.

Maybe you could ask your consultant.

I hope this helps a bit.

Sending you babydust,  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Love Wendy K

Offline Gen

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Praying for a miracle
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 6/12/05, 15:54 »

Hi Wendy and Mez,

Thanks so much for your posts. I'm still getting my head round things but your posts are really helpful.

Thanks again,

Lol Gen xOx ^cat^

Offline poopy

• Gold Member
    • cheeky bum bum!!
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 6/12/05, 19:45 »
    hi jen
    you should try again i have had 2bfns in the last6 months and i only got 2 follicles both times an we still went ahead what choice did we have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!we have had 100%fert rate with grade 1 embryos both times
    who knows whats going to happen next time but we've just got to keep trying.
    don.t give up.
    love poopy

Offline katielee

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 6/12/05, 20:01 »
    hi jen i agree with poopy of course you should try again just because it was cancelled this time does not mean it would be again i pay private and once went ahead against the consultants advice with just two follies ok it resulted in bio chem or early miscarraige whatever they want to call it it still said positive on the many hpt i was doing so you can never tell take care katie

Offline marzy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 6/12/05, 20:36 »
    hi gen
    they could put you on s/p or up drugs to 600 units or change drugs..
    im if you like
    marzy
    xx

Offline Gen

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • Praying for a miracle
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 8/12/05, 12:08 »
    Thanks soooo much for your advice!
    Ladies

^Cuddle^ ff's are the best.

I go for my review appointment this Monday and fingers crossed they will allow me to try again.  I definitely want to give it another go.  At my clinic they don't usually do the short protocol, but I will ask them to try this, and to up the dose of Menopure.

The clinic believe that more than 4 amps don't make a difference to response, even though I had a better response on 5 amps.  They obviously believe that their method is best practice, however there seem to be many women who are on higher doses of menpure.....I'll have to bring this up in my review ???.

WendyK - Good luck on the tww

Poopy - Thanks, this is just the sort of encouragement I need, hope you get a BFP with your quality (not quantity) embies.

Katielee - Thanks, just goes to show you can beat the odds, a biochem at least shows that something was "happening", and you would have never known this was possible without going ahead. Good luck with your next tx.

Marzy - many thanks hun.

All your comments are really helpful.  I'm starting to feel a bit better now.

Gen xx