* Author Topic: ICSI at St Mary's Hospital Manchester  (Read 1440 times)

0 Members

Offline snuffy142

• Jr. Member-10015
modify
ICSI at St Mary's Hospital Manchester
« on: 28/01/06, 22:14 »

Hi, myself and the mrs are new to this website, we are going to be undertaking ICSI at St Mary's Hospital Manchester. I have nearly completed the banking of six frozen sperm samples and I have found it a rollercoaster with nobody chat with except the wife.

In Febuary my wife will be starting treatment with injections, leading to egg collection and eggs being placed back after ICSI treatment. It would be nice to talk to couples who are undergoing the same treatment as ourself's.

We look forward to any reply in the future.

Snuffy142 & Mrs

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LiziBee

• Mummy to miracles!
    • Lifetime Premium-7
    • Leicester Royal Infirmary
    modify
    Re: ICSI at St Mary's Hospital Manchester
    « Reply #1 on: 29/01/06, 10:53 »
    Hi Snuffy and Mrs Snuffy,
    IVF/ICSI can feel like one of the loneliest places on earth sometimes but the good news is that you have found this site! I found it an absolute godsend right the way through all my treatment cycles and just as much so now I'm PG (even better news IVF/ICSI works!!).
    You would be very welcome to join the Male Factor thread where there's lots of girls currently cycling or about to start,
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,46030.msg599798.html#msg599798
    there's also a 'Mens Room' Board on the site if you need space away from us girls!
    https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,89.0.html
    Good luck with your journey!
    Lizi.x

Offline LiziBee

• Mummy to miracles!
    • Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 30/01/06, 11:24 »
    Just found out your name is Andy, which means you MUST join us on the Male factor thread! We have a good history with 'Andies' and there's lots of baby-dust on our thread right now (JJ got a BFP at the weekend and I'm sure its just one of many on the way!) so you should come over right now ;D
    Lizi.x

Offline SWEETCHEEKS

• Gold Member-10018
    • Drew, my perfect and very special Prince.. x
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 1/02/06, 09:57 »
    Hi Snuffy...

wearw at st marys in Manchester, we just been through the whole process, i got through to day 8 of scans were they only found 6 follies, my treatment for ivf/icsi has been transfered to IUI and we will start again inanother 3 months on a extra dosage of drugs to get my overies working better next time  ^reiki^

what stage are you up too now??

Sweetcheeks x

Offline Sam_in_manchester

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 1/02/06, 15:07 »
    HI SWEETCHECKS -SORRY TO HEAR YOU WEREN'T SUCESSFUL FIRST TIME AROUND   :(.
    I DO HOPE THE IUI WORKS BETTER FOR YOU! ^fairydust^

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE LEVEL OF SPERM HAS TO BE (BELOW) FOR ICSI TO BE RECOMMENDED RATHER THAN STRAIGHT IVF?

Offline LiziBee

• Mummy to miracles!
    • Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 1/02/06, 15:31 »
    Sam - the criteria for ICSI vary from clinic to clinic and are also dependant on your medical history so it's very difficult to make generalisations. Things like unsuccessful cycles in the past, a low egg reserve and age  are all factors to consider. Sorry i can't give anything definitive!
    Lizi.x

Offline SWEETCHEEKS

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 1/02/06, 17:43 »
    Hi sam,

im at st marys also... :)

dont know if this will help, but dh's sa on tuesday was 7 million ( left over 42 hours), we had IUI which was coverted from iVF.. anyway they said that if we had EC/Fertilisation on that day they would have give us ICSI....

Last time DH had 18 milLion, (left over 3.5 days) and they said that would be iVF..

SO i think at a guess, anything under 10million is ICSI. anything over ivf...

try 3/4 days for abstainence, thats always worked for us... the 42 hours was a last minute thing with no warning  ^bigbad^

Sweetcheeks xxx

Offline Sam_in_manchester

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 2/02/06, 15:19 »
    Sorry snuffy! I completely hijacked your post! :-[

Me and hubby will be undergoing ICSI at St Mary's, hopefully very soon!  :)

I'll send the link of this thread to my hubby and see if he'll come on and talk to you, but you and your wife are welcome to contact me if you need/want to chat.

Sam xx

Offline nicer3

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 11/02/06, 14:50 »
    hi first time on this site but due to start ICSI at St.Marys hopefully very soon, weve been told we are at the top of the list but have got to go to a meeting next month with another 80 couples like us! any possibility to let us know what happens following this meeting and how long it usually takes for treatment to start? Hope all is goin well with you two take care.

Offline SWEETCHEEKS

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 11/02/06, 15:27 »
    Hi,

st marys aim to treat within 6 months of you attending the waiting list meeting.

Depending on your circumstances, after this meeting YOU WIL HAVE  a consultation, my waiting for this was 6 weeks, which was quick as we had a SA the day after the meeting so managed to book an appt staright after.

I had waiting list meeting  13th Sept 05, Consultation Oct 24th, started d/regging in jan 06 ... after waiting 2x months to start af which arrived late but thats a different story....

Also be aware that its April when the pct funds are 'stocked' back up, so if you dont start until april you have a very very good chance of money being in your pot....

^goodluck^ ....

Sweetcheeks xxxx