* Author Topic: If you could ask your donor.....  (Read 95439 times)

0 Members

Offline LiziBee

• Mummy to miracles!
  • VIP Member Sponsor
  • Leicester Royal Infirmary
modify
Re: If you could ask your donor.....
« Reply #110 on: 9/06/09, 22:10 »
Aww, Donor Swimmer you gave me a warm and fuzzy moment - thanks!! Right back at you, its great to know that someone will get a donor who is thinking things through properly.
Lizi.x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

shad

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 16/06/09, 22:01 »
    I am looking at xytex.com site and seeing a picture of the donor is difficult since you cant put a name to the face or simply just thank him.   however, i would like to ask donor how many times he had donated and does he fear child/ren reaching their 18th birthday.

Offline slinkyfish

• Gold Member
    • ARGC - thanks for our beautiful family!
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 25/06/09, 09:55 »
    Hi

I just wanted to say this thread has really helped me  ^hugme^

We are donating our embryos because we have 3 beautiful children we wouldn't be without and, having been through the experience of infertility, would like another couple to have the same joy and happiness we now have.

I have been so interested to read all your views and opinions. I would love to know about the child that will hopefully be born to a donor family, and I know from reading this how loved they will be. I would also be happy to give as much information as the recipient Mummy and Daddy or child wanted about us and would also respect them for not wanting to know too  :)

It may sound odd, but I'm really excited about it and  ^pray^ it works for them. I don't fear the time they may want to meet me either. DH and I created them but it takes more than that to be a parent.

Good luck to you all  ^hugme^

Offline stephanie1

• Gold Member
    • James - born 19 Sep 2007 at 23:32 (1.125kg)
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 27/08/09, 22:19 »
    OHHHHHHHHHHHH  Slinky what a beautiful gesture, really nice of you guys!!!

I think this is the best present ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope that the recipient will get a BFP!!

Steph

Offline pinkbabe

• Gold Member
    • Our Beautiful Princess x
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 12/01/10, 15:21 »
    I would just like to say to all the donors out there, it does not matter why, what, how, and when you donate, you are all truly amazing people, to give such a precious and wonderful gift to someone, who would otherwise not have the chance to become a mummy or daddy.  ^hugme^

Offline Dominique123456

• Gold Member
    • Joseph on his 1st birthday
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 12/01/10, 15:40 »
    Aw lovely - thanks pinkbabe and slinkyfish. That's wonderful! Did they get a BFP do you know??

Offline IGWIN79

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 2/02/10, 20:35 »
    Hi there everyone
    I hope yous dont mind me posting here it just touched me some of the posts i read , and i will warn you now my spelling is so so bad  ;D ;D

I am due to start egg share feb or march time ,can i just say  i got asked by the counceler how would i feel about more or less giving my eggs to some one else because its a piece of me
    and how would i feel about knowing i have a child out there
    Well I have two beautiful children from a prev relationship , and would be devasted knowing i couldnt have children in my life , i have now married my lovley DH and have been trying since 2007 ,  i have had one tx before and i had two wee embies binned , which i thought was such a waste, and i had said to DH just after ET  someone else could have had them wee ones. When i think of giving my eggs to someone who really really wants them , it makes me really happy to know that i can help someone with fertility issues , the same as me , because fertility issues do really put your life on hold and is the most painful and stressful thing i have ever had to go through , and to ease someone elses pain and to give them the greatest gift of all a beautiful child , even if i dont get a BFP. I would be over the moon to know i have helped someone , so some good can come out of it as well . I wouldnt see that as my child as mine, someone else carried and cared for that child , (yes it has my DNA , but that child will be theres to love and care for , and i would welcome that child with all my heart if they ever come looking me in 18 years  , and explain to them why i donated
    One of my good friends recently found out that her eggs are no good , and she has coped so well ,i  really admire her as i dont think i could cope as well as her , but if she ever needed i would offer right away
    There seems to be a thing about how many half siblings there will be , but in the end i see it as that child is wanted so so so much and if there loved and cared for , i dont mind , its a very hard road to go down but i have looked at it from a receipts point of view and i would be devasted if i couldnt have a child because there wasnt people out there donating , but in the end everyone has a different point of view , i and prob dont see it like i do ,  but i do respect that everyone is diff
    I honestly think there should be more people out there informed about egg donation , as i only found out about it 6 months ago
    I really hope all yous ladies get all your wishes of becoming mummies i really do 
    good luck to everyone , love sweetchilli xx

Offline pinkbabe

• Gold Member
    • Our Beautiful Princess x
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 2/02/10, 20:49 »
    Sweetchilli, ive just read your post and really enjoyed reading it. I wish you every success with your treatments  ^reiki^  ^reiki^

You are truly amazing, thankyou  ^hugme^

Karen x  ^fairydust^

moo2275

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 2/02/10, 21:13 »
    Sweetchilli, I agree with everything you say. I only discovered FF when DP was having trouble TTC as I never even questioned my own fertility before then. My eyes have been opened up to a million different stories of both great joy and terrible sadness. I have thought very seriously about egg donation over the last year and I hope to get started a few months after this baby is born as I will be 36 next year  :o. Like you, I wouldn't see any child born from my donated eggs as my child. If I did, you could flip that thought on it's head and say that DS is not DP's child because she has no genetic link with him, and the new baby will not be my child because I will have no genetic link with it  ^idiot^. I think it is sad that so few people know about the awful fertility issues that exist for couples everyday and how they could be helped. I know our sperm donor wanted to donate because his sister had had fertility treatment at the same hospital, and of course I now want to donate because of our own problems TTC. I think infertility is still a very taboo subject to be open about and the media seems to give people the impression that we have no morals and are all frantically putting 8 embryos back in  ::). I don't expect everyone to start telling the world that they have been TTC for 4 years as it is a very private thing but infertility seems to carry this air of shame from those experiencing it, and awkwardness amongst those who know about it.
    I just want to give someone the great joy that I have in my life. I hope you are very successful with your treatment xxxxx

Offline Debbie13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 3/02/10, 16:09 »
    I am just hoping to embark on IVF with donated eggs and sperm and whatever happens I want to say to all the caring donors thank you from my heart for the priceless opprtunity youu offer to woman longing to have a child to love and nurture. Bless you all!

LOve,
    Debbie 13