* Author Topic: If you could ask your donor.....  (Read 95435 times)

0 Members

Offline tulip1411

• Gold Member
modify
Re: If you could ask your donor.....
« Reply #130 on: 15/04/11, 20:41 »
and sorry if anyone doesnt mind but has anyone on here used donor embryos if so I would love to know how they feel and what they would like me to put - thank you xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dmorrice

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 2/05/11, 21:58 »
    hi i am now preg via doner eggs as as though 35 hav the early menapause!.
    i would like to write a thank you card to my doner via my clinic but havnt got a clue wat 2 say other than the obvious thankyou.
    please help!.

we have a pen pic oh her as in area from and has 4 kids from previos marraige.year younger than me.
    near match to me physically  and works in a shop.
    i dont hav any more contact with my clinic now as back with nhs now.
    anything else i should get told about or from the receipant was told shed b happy to have contact should the child want to.

thanks for reading.
    looking forward but like others not sure how ill feel after birth re not being like me characher wise but looking like hubby.hopefully worrying 4 nothing!.

Offline sabrina.bain

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 10/05/11, 19:55 »
    i have been sat reading through all of your posts and they are so touching.
    i can see the most common question you guys would like to ask a donor is WHY?
    my reasons were very simple suffering from infertility myself i know what it feels like to want a child soo much but its just out of reach.
    for me at least it was just blocked tubes that was the problem and can be over come with ivf, for some women its not that easy, they dont have eggs and need someones help to reach their goal.i felt for me to be able to have the chance of a child someone else deserves that chance also,so it was a no brainer! i also fell out with the nurses on the day of egg collection as i told them if there was an odd number of eggs to give the extra one to the recipient. they wuldnt listen to me until i got angry with them and told them y i felt so strongly about it. the way i see it if my ivf failed i can wait a few months produce some more eggs n try again. the recipient on the other hand if it failed had to wait possibly another two years for another match.
    cant wait to find out if she actually got pregnant my fingers are crossed for her and wish her all the best.

Offline stevegreen

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 7/06/11, 10:56 »
    As a private donor the big questions I get asked are....
    Why are you donating?
    Can you travel?
    Describe yourself.
    Are you disease free?
    Have you been tested?
    Are you willing to donate a sibling in the future?
    How many successes have you had?
    Does your wife know what you're doing?[/color]And about a thousand other questions, but these are the big ones.
    #My first post#

Offline ceci.bee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #134 on: 8/06/11, 18:33 »
    Steve can I ask what your replies to those questions are:???

thanks - don'yt worry if you don't want to post them or its too personal
    Ceci :-*

Offline stevegreen

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 8/06/11, 19:53 »
    As a private donor the big questions I get asked are....
    Why are you donating? = Having gone through the IVF process and seeing how difficult it can be to get a child, I thought I'd do my bit.
    Can you travel?= Within reason.
    Describe yourself.= Big daft dad.
    Are you disease free?=yes
    Have you been tested?=Yes
    Are you willing to donate a sibling in the future?= Yes
    How many successes have you had?= 4
    Hope this has answered your question Cici.

Offline stevegreen

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 8/06/11, 20:02 »
    Sorry, Ceci.

Offline ceci.bee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 9/06/11, 21:48 »
    Thanks Steve and thank you for donating - none of us would have a lovely happy familes with out the generosity of men like you  :) I love the description of a big daft dad - you sound lovely
    C :-*

Offline JennMcC

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 9/06/11, 22:18 »
    this is a lovely thread,i really feel for you all  ^hugme^  and admire your strength!
    i have shared my eggs and both myself and the other couple had baby boys,im so glad i shared my eggs and will be doing it again at my next tx. if there is anything anyone would like to hear from an egg donor perspective i would be happy to give you my point of view.
    good luck to you all!

Offline kickstarter

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 14/07/11, 16:51 »
    I recently registered as a sperm donor after picking up a leaflet in my G.P's surgery and am attending my local NHS hospital. I am finding it a challenge mentally, especially as I have my own kids who are too young to understand. So, coming onto the website and reading people's appreciation for donors has been great. Thank you. P.s hope the choice of username doesnt offend, it was the first word I saw when I looked around the computer when registering!!  :)