* Author Topic: If you could ask your donor.....  (Read 95438 times)

0 Members

Offline stephanie1

• Gold Member
  • James - born 19 Sep 2007 at 23:32 (1.125kg)
modify
Re: If you could ask your donor.....
« Reply #20 on: 18/06/06, 21:06 »
Sorry I did not preview my message before posting.To answer the question of the thread I meant that I would also like to know why someone did donate. And I admire what you have done.
:-)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline A.T.C.C

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 19/06/06, 09:31 »
     I again :) obviously i cant speak for all donors but i donated because i know the joy of having children and i can only imagine how devastating it must be not to be able to. I should think my imagination doesnt even come close to how it must feel so if i could just give one person a 'chance' then i dont see taking one month out of my life as any sort of 'BIG' thing that people say it is. I did it with so much love and compassion and thats all thats needed.... and a tiny bit of bravery for them injections.... ouch... ha! no not really they were fine too.
    To be honest i got so much out of the experience myself... it taught me a lot about myself. I really had to look into myself to fill in the forms for the parents and to write a letter for the child. I found it quite difficult to write positive things about myself until my counsellor reeled off a list of positive things about me just from what i was doing. I got such a great feeling just knowing that 2 women were going through this with me even though i didnt know them. Just to imagine how they were feeling helped me do the injections everyday and just to imagine their hopes for this made me so positive.
    For me the donation process finished after my egg collection but for the recipients the rollercoaster was just starting and if things didnt go the way we all hoped then i just hope that the recipients know that there dreams can become a reality cos there are more women out there like me..... they just need to hear about the subject and be made aware of the need for eggs and more people im sure would be willing to help.
    Well this quick message has turned into a mini essay so id better stop now.
    Good luck to everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline GlobalTraveller

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Reason for donating
    « Reply #22 on: 17/10/06, 11:05 »
    I don't know if this is going to be reassuring to anyone or not.  I had recently read the book Join Me* and was making an effort to perform random acts of kindness on Fridays.  You would not believe how suspicious people in London are. I was doing things like giving out chocolate bars outside tube stations and leaving money in the pockets of sleeping homeless people etc.  Some people were really greatful and others just looked at me like I was nuts.

One Friday I saw an ad for donors in The Metro after reading an article on infertility and the shortage of donors.  It just seemed like an easier act of kindness that I could do every Friday.  I don't regret donating at all, but I do wish that I had thought through the implications of what I was doing more at the time.

Sorry it's not a very lofty motivation, other donors probably have better reasons then mine.

*Join me is about a comedian who started a cult/movement based on helping people and then wrote a book about it.

Offline DapperDan

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 17/10/06, 22:07 »
    I'm donating because I'd like to help others have a little bundle of joy.   :)

We had trouble conceiving our second, with a D&C(?) at 8wks and a delivery at 18wks after discovery of no heartbeat  :'(  We started looking at fertility treatment for which my SA had a high count.  Luckily, DD No2 was conceived before progressing much further with the fertility treatment.  I knew they were looking for donors, so requested some more information.  After reading the docs, I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of travelling and parking.

It was only after coming home one Friday after having a cr*p day and having DD No2 zip down the hall in her walker shouting 'dadda, dadda', arms in the air, that I decided if I could help someone else experience the joy I felt, then so be it.

Regards

DD

Offline LiziBee

• Mummy to miracles!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    • Leicester Royal Infirmary
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 18/10/06, 23:21 »
    Awwww, DD, that is so sweet. Thanks for helping dreams like mine come true.
    Lizi.x

Offline A.T.C.C

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 19/10/06, 08:13 »
     ;D Thats fantastic news Lizi!!! I havent been on here for ages so i didnt know you'd had the baby.. Brilliant.. well done xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline Kate...

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 19/10/06, 14:12 »
    hi everyone, not sure if im on the right thread here but does anyone know how long after ec, the recieptant has to wait before she starts her tx?

I had ec in the last week of august, and rang the clinic the other day to see how the other lady had got on(really hope its worked for her,) and the clinic said they are still in storage and she hasnt started tx yet.

I guess i just thought they would have started the other lady on tx as soon as?

Offline sal374

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 20/11/06, 10:23 »
    hello.sorry to butt in, this is a quick message for ang.long time no speak stranger.just thought i'd pop on to say hi and see how you are getting on.i have got lots of news to tell you.i just tried to send you a message but your inbox is full.i havnt got your emsil address either,couldnt see it on your profile.
    love sal xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline x shye x

• Gold Member
    • MY GORGEOUS MIRACLE TAYAN XXXX
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 4/01/07, 18:44 »
    Hi ladies I'm currently on my 2nd stage of egg sharing and i would just like to say that giving away some of eggs gives me such a big smile as i know that i am helping a someone to bring life into the world and i understand the pain of infertility and its a long emotional journey for everyone involved and its heartbreaking when without the use of donors it may not be possible for some ladies to have babies.
    I really hope me and my recipient are successful on this cycle, if it works out that she gets pregnant and i don't of course i will be sad I'm not pregnant but i know in my heart the baby that is conceived will be a very special baby and will hold a special place in everyones heart,

Hope u didn't mind me sharing that information.

Good luck to all you ladies and lets hope for loads of BFP in 2007. xxxx

shye xxxxxxxxxxx

Offline wouldloveababycat

• The huggy one
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 30/01/07, 18:05 »
    Wow these post show what a lot of people think is lacking in the world but clearly not here ..a generosity and kindness that is amazing... I would have loved to have given my eggs but with PCOS I am struggling to produce some ..but if ever that changed I wouldn't hesitate in trying to help other people.. Thank you x