* Author Topic: 1st IVF AND POOR RESPONSE TO STIMMING!!!  (Read 2764 times)

0 Members

Offline misty

modify
1st IVF AND POOR RESPONSE TO STIMMING!!!
« on: 3/03/06, 19:09 »
 :'(

Hi Everyone!

Im on my first cycle of ivf and currently stimming on puregon 200 daily.
I had a scan yesterday which was day 6 of stimms and the scan was not good!
Firstly, I was told that she couldn't find my ovaries so we didn't get to see
any possible follies, also she said that the endometrium lining was thin and it
appeared to have a small amount of fluid there!She took bloods for prolactin
and oestrogen levels.Today the prolactin is normal and oestrogen is low.. :'(
Were due back for a further scan on monday with the consultant but we haven't
been given much hope.Were both devastated and cant understand why this has
happened as I've previously responded very well to puregon without any hiccupps!!
What could have gone wrong??? ^feedback^
Had very slight bleed last night lasting a few minutes...now gone.
Would really appreciate any feedback from anyone out there who's experienced
similar.

Misty xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lisawill

modify
    Re: 1st IVF AND POOR RESPONSE TO STIMMING!!!
    « Reply #1 on: 3/03/06, 19:42 »
    i know how you feel i to do not respond very well either ,its heartbreaking when you look forward to a scan to see your follies and it doesnt go the way you planned,im on the sp now so hoping to get a better response this time,i wish you lots of luck for monday and hope that they see lots of follies good luck and take care lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline beeble

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 6/03/06, 17:56 »
    Hi Misty, I feel for you, it is hard, hard, hard.

If it helps, things can change in a few days.

Also, drug concoctions can be changed for your next cycle - my consultant said it is like making an omelette, the ingredients can be tweaked til you get the perfect one.

Hang on in there, really.

Good luck.

Stephanie 

Offline Lorri

• Gold Member
    • My lovely Oscar - enjoying the sunshine !
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 6/03/06, 18:16 »
    Did your clinic mention about upping your puregon dosage ?  My first cycle I was on 450 puregorn and then last cycle I was on 600 and didn't respond too brilliantly either time (down to my age I know). 

I am no expert, but you are only on day 6, so there is still time to get things going I would have thought, if they adjust your drugs. Might be worth posing the question to your consultant.

Offline tibby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 8/03/06, 07:09 »
    I've just finished 1st IVF (BFN) and was on 300iu Gonal-F. On day 7, scan showed 1 normal sized follie and one tiny follie on my R ovary, my lining was extremely thin and thry couldnt find my L ovary. after a few more days of stims and more scans, they found missing ovary which had 4 more follies. I ended up stimming for 19 days and had 5 follies.

Day 6 is still quite early, so try not to panic, drink lots of water and try to rest as much as possible.

Offline Happy

• Un-Ranked
    • 13 weeks
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 8/03/06, 08:15 »
    Girls, I'm on my first cycle of IVF, am 35 and being treated at the ARGC. I've had egg collection and am on day 2 of waiting for embryo news - we had 4 yesterday so waiting for news today. I'm certainly no expert on how these things work at all but all I can say is that (as happens with everyone at the ARGC) I had blood tests every day (sometimes twice) and they up and down your drugs daily according to your blood results. I stimulated poorly too so was put on 600 units of Puregon a day. I had to wait for 6 months to get my FSH low enough for the ARGC to treat me and it didn't surprise me that I was hard to stimulate but because they put me on such high drug levels, I got 11 follicles - 7 of which were mature enough to fertilise. I've met women there who are on 150 - 200 units a day and are stumulating SO fast - and then there's me who stimulates so slowly and had to go to day 12 before triggering. As a consequence, I do sometimes wonder why many other clinics seem to put people on a "set" dosage; it just seems to me that everyone is different and it's hardly surprising that after 10 days, some people have over-stimulated and others have under-stimulated. Of course, it's true that they can tweak your regime next time round, but isn't it better that they got the dosages right during your current IVF cycle? Having said all this, the ARGC as a consequence costs a FORTUNE (9,000 so far and we're not even through this cycle!) and it's not convenient for everyone to get to London for testing every day. But I do wonder if you could ask your clinic to start blood-testing you more regularly, especially since you're still on day 6 which is early-days - it's not too late to get them to up the dosages.
    I hope this is useful and I certainly don't think the ARGC is the be-all and end-all - there are definitely down sides (cost, you're rushed in and out and feel like you're on a conveyer belt!) but I do think more clinics should be testing women more regularly and altering their drugs as a result.
    Good luck!

Offline misty

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 8/03/06, 09:14 »
     ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Thanks everyone for the replies!!

We went back for a further scan last monday and the consultant was there.
        I had at least 6 follies between 8 and 12.5mm and several other small ones.
        Endometrium lining was nice and thick so they upped the dose of puregon to
        300 over the last 2 days and I also had one shot of orgalutron.
        Were back today for our final scan with EC probably on saturday pending size
        of follies...grow..grow.. ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^      ^banana^  ^pompom^
        I have been up most of the night with anxiety as I am terrified of EC  ^scared^
        despite reassurance...Im having sedation.
        We cant believe our luck with how I have responded!!
        Wish us luck today and  ^fairydust^ to you all Thanks again.

Misty & Bunny

Offline cheesyb

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 8/03/06, 13:57 »
    congratulations

lots of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

love
    cheesyb
    xx

Offline tibby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 8/03/06, 15:57 »
    Well done,

EC is a doddle,you may feel a bit sore, bloated and tired afterwards but nothing too bad.
    Good Luck ^congrats^

Offline Ellie.st

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 8/03/06, 20:35 »
    Good luck with the follies, Misty, and try not to worry too much about EC.  Most people find it fine - I certainly did (mine was sedated too), and I was really worried about it beforehand.

Best wishes  and lots of  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Ellie