* Author Topic: Poor response - WHY?  (Read 1422 times)

0 Members

Offline jojo29

• Gold Member
modify
Poor response - WHY?
« on: 9/03/06, 14:37 »
Can anyone offer any hope!  I have just had day 7 scan on IVF on 225IU of menopur (have been injecting for only 6 days) and have only one follicle at 8mm, thing is last time I had a cycle on same dose I had 16 follicles.  My FSH this time was 4.6 so according to the book I should be stimulating easily...I just don't know what has happened.  Can anyone speak from experience as to whether this has happened to them and whether upping my dose might help or whether it is just a basket case and we should cancel the cycle.
Many thanks
Jo

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline saphy75

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Re: Poor response - WHY?
    « Reply #1 on: 10/03/06, 11:13 »
    /bump

Offline Katielou

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 13/03/06, 20:25 »
    Hi Jo,

I haven't been on this site for a while as I couldn't face it after not even getting to implanation stage. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel. I can't answer why you haven't stimulated as much, but I can say that it ain't over just yet!

I had the same problem. I only had about 2 to 3 follicles on day 7 scan, and I don't think any of them had reached 8mm. I was so upset, but my drugs were increased and I was sent on my way. At day 10 I was scanned again and nothing had happened. I couldn't believe it. They decided to give me 2 more days before writing the cycle off completely. By day 12 a miracle happened and suddenly I had 6 foillicles on my right ovary and 2 on my right. I ended up with 7 eggs collected, and 3 fertilised! All 3 were of great quality.

We chose not to implant as we went through IVF and PGD to prevent our baby being born with Cystic Fibrosis. The PGD bit showed that one of the embryo's was effected and the other two they couldn't get a reading from. We were heart broken but are looking forward to having another bash in the summer.

The very best of luck. You never know, something may happen over the next couple of days. The fact that you were ok the first time round is a great sign it may still happen for you.

Katie

Offline lisawill

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 14/03/06, 17:30 »
    hi jo
    i know where you are comming from this is my third attempt at trying to get a response from the drugs this time im trying the short protocol hopefully start stimms in couple of days  :)  :)  :)
    i know its heartbreaking when it doesnt work out but i wish you all the luck next time
    im on 4 amps of menopur
    are you on long protocol or short one lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx