* Author Topic: Thyroid Chat - Part 9  (Read 41977 times)

0 Members

Offline Artypants

• Super Moderator-5
modify
Thyroid Chat - Part 9
« Reply #370 on: 12/09/20, 11:06 »
Thats a shame you are not on anything, but that will probably work out better for your scan as it will be seeing the real situation rather than a medicated one.

I did get pregnant with very high antibodies in 2017 but I had a chemical pregnancy as I was unaware at the time that I had thyrotoxicosis which is not a good place to be. That was my last ever go and I am gutted it ended that way. I would get on top of the situation as once its under control you should stand a much better chance.  My antibodies have never recovered but as long as everything else is in order you can get pregnant and stay pregnant. I also took steroids and intralipids which would have helped with the antibodies.

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Desperatelady30

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #371 on: 12/09/20, 11:45 »
    I'm so sorry that yours turned out to be a chemical. The doctor has said it's toxicosis that I had/have. The thought of getting pregnant and then it being a chemical or miscarriage absolutely fills me with fear, I don't know how I'd cope. I was told I'm 4 times more likely to miscarry. My IVF clinic suggested trying intralipids next time but the consultant had never heard of them.
    Are you going to try again?
    X

Offline Artypants

• Super Moderator-5
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #372 on: 12/09/20, 16:37 »
    It was such a sh1t time as we knew it was the last go and we have given up now, my health just couldn't take it again, we have one miracle so we are lucky in that respect.

Its definitely very toxic to be in that state so glad you are getting better, if your clinic doesn't know about the intralipids maybe ask about a small dose of steroids, the UK clinics aren't as convinced about intralipids as they are abroad so its the pot luck if the do offer them.

Offline Desperatelady30

• Jr. Member-10015
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #373 on: 18/09/20, 22:34 »
    Sorry to read that it was your last go Arty, I've only had the one round so far but the thought of doing it all again is heartbreaking not to mention the cost. I was in a lot of pain with the OHSS, we really put our body through a lot when doing this.

My ivf clinic does intralipids and they are happy for me to have them when I have my next FET but my endocrinologist didn't know what they were.

I had my scan on Wednesday, there was a small nodule on one side but the radiographer said he didn't think there was anything unusual. I can't believe that I had no swelling or soreness on the day of the scan. I'm really hoping that this doesn't mean that the endocrinologist will say there's nothing wrong and end my appointments. I've got a telephone appointment with them next week.

Offline Artypants

• Super Moderator-5
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #374 on: 19/09/20, 19:08 »
    I hope they don't bump you off either, they usually get you treated and under control before they do that, its quite daunting to think about the implications but they won't leave you untreated.

I really hope you don't have to go through too many cycles, its soooo expensive and emotionally draining, I absolutely cannot imagine any of this with Covid onto too!

I wish you all the best

Offline Bailey 77

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #375 on: 29/09/20, 14:39 »
    Hi shelving, my reproductive endocrinologist said to keep tsh levels below 2 and mine was 3.85. He wants me to stay on the levothyroxine and metformin for insulin resistance to help with the weight loss. If you want his details let me know and I will pm you.

Offline FreddersLondon

• Registered-2
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #376 on: 7/01/21, 15:23 »
    Hi there,

Not sure if anyone is still reading this post but I will cross my fingers as I am at a bit of a loss and would love some advice.  We were hoping to start IVF at the end of the month.  We previously thought I was fine and it was just my husband's sperm that was the issue.  However, about 6 weeks ago I was told my TSH is 3.87 and I had anti-TG antibodies of 550.  My clinic didn't seem too worried and just prescribed my me 25 mcg of Levothyroxine and said it wouldn't stop me from cycling.

I had another blood test just before Christmas and my TSH is now 3.78.  Having read through all the previous posts it sounds like it is still too high, my clinic said they would up my dosage to 50 mcgs and give me another blood test in 2 weeks time, which is approx. a week before I'm due to cycle but don't see it as any reason as to why I should wait.  But I'm still worried.

What do you think?  Should I be waiting until it is under 2?  Any advice and suggestions.

Offline Artypants

• Super Moderator-5
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #377 on: 7/01/21, 16:21 »
    Hello Fredders

I hope I can help a little as I am sure you are feeling a bit overwhelmed with worrying about your TSH. Ideally it should be under 2, but the normal range is up to 5 so most doctors won't think you have a major issue if your numbers are still within a normal range. However, they may not be aware that for fertility reasons the optimal range is under 2. 25mcg of thyroxine really wont do much for you as you can see, it should be 50 to make any sort of improvement so the sooner you can up your dose the better. If you have a chance to hold off treatment until things change then I would.  Hopefully once you are on a higher dose your numbers shouldn't take too long to creep up to the right levels. There isn't a great deal that can be done about antibodies unless you go down the route of steroids which probably isn't idea in covid times.

Wishing you a fast improvement so you can get back on the treatment path.

Offline ZC

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    Thyroid Chat - Part 9
    « Reply #378 on: 9/01/21, 15:24 »
    I have similar issues. On the day of transfer my TSH reading was 3.4 while on 75mg eltroxin. We were very surprised as it was previously managed at this dose. it was upped to 100 and it dropped to 0.9 in a matter of weeks.
    I am 8 weeks pregnant from that transfer but I have a history of chemical and failed implantation and autoimmune is likely.

I am also still on prednisilone small dose and clexane

So it possible to get pregnant with high TSH within the ‘normal range’ but I believe this was part of my past issues.

Best of luck.