* Author Topic: Anyone proceed to Egg Retrieval with only 4 follicles??  (Read 9685 times)

0 Members

Offline dianne

• Gold Member
Elur

Sending your two precious eggs  some fertilisation vibes so hope that you get good news tomorrow

^HappySperm^ ^sperm^  ^festival^ ^banana^ ^shake^  ^sunny^ ^smlove^ ^smlove^  ^pompom^ ^spot^  ^sunny^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Thinking of you
Love Dianne x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Elur

Ladies, thank you so much for your positive messages and kind wishes. Well, as you know I only had 2 eggs retrieved from the 4 follicles on Monday morning. By Tuesday morning 1 had disintegrated and the other was showing 'signs' of fertilisation. They called me again 1st thing yesterday morning to say all was looking fine for the surviving one and that they would proceed to transfer. So, this afternoon I had my lonesome grade 1 (my clinic grade them 1 thru 3 with 1 being best!) 7-cell embryo transferred (3 day transfer)!
    2 hours after transfer when I was returning home from my acupuncture session I suddenly sneezed really hard and thought 'Omigod, I hope I haven't disturbed the embie' !!! (i'm assuming sneezing wont hurt it, right? :-))

On another note, does the fact that I responded so badly this time (on 300iu Gonal-F) mean i'm a poor responder and will not respond much better in future??

Thanks again so much for all your kindness and good wishes...... so of course now I'll be looking for loads of success stories with 1 single embie transfer!!!! :-))

Luv to All
    E
    x

Offline lucky_mum

• Gold Member
    • Good luck all xxx
    Hi Elur,

thats great news - thanks for coming back and letting us know :-) grade 1 and 7 cell at 3 days sounds perfect - sending you lots of sticky velcro vibes for your embie and really I hope it works out for you  ^reiki^

I didn't get such good news myself today - this cycle after 6 days on maximum dose stimms I only had one follicle, so we are abandoning IVF/ICSI and converting to having an IUI on Saturday. Was pretty shocked/upset earlier as I wasn't expecting to hear that (even though I knew it was likely there wouldn't be many I can produce ONE on my own!!! lol) but after a good frustrated cry I am now getting my head around it and trying to be  ^reiki^ and hope that this IUI will succeed where the others we had failed.

Try not to worry about being a poor responder just yet - it will hopefully work for you this time with your beautiful grade 1 embie!  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ If it doesn't work then its something you would have to discuss with your doctor at your follow-up. Do you mind me asking how old you are?

Lots of love and luck

Steph xxxx

Offline Elur

Pg & m/c Ment
    Thanks for your positive vibes Steph and I am so sorry you did not get good news yesterday. When you say max dose of stimulation, what dose were you on as I think 600iu (300 in the morning and 300 in the evening) seems to be the max that i've seen people on. Also what have your responses been like before?
    I turned 39 in April, which really freaks me out! I have had good responses before however that was for IUI which I did a few of when I was in the US. Eg for my IUI 2 months ago I had 7 follicles and the cycle in December when I got pregnant I had 5 follicles (m/c in Jan  :'( )

Let us know how it all goes and lots of positive thoughts for your IUI.....

Hugs
    E

Offline Julles

• Little Boo
    Hi Elur

So glad that you had ET and all went well  :)  Grade 1 and 7 cell embie ..that's good isn't it  ???
    Keep the little passenger warm and rest and look after youself ..When is test date ?

Doesn't necessarily mean you will have the same results again ..my hospital told me that if i was to abandon they may try a different drug ,but i think my poor response to menopur was put down to the fact i am an old bird (43 :o  did I say that outloud?).but they said that people respond diffently each time ..no two cycles are the same ...I am glad i went ahead now and only 6 days (and counting  ::))till test date

Love to you and your excellent embie
    Julles
    xx

Offline Elur

Thanks so much Julles. I have everything crossed for you for a BFP, how are you surviving the 2ww? Let us know as soon as you get your positive result (now there's positive energy!!) :-))

Luv
    E

Offline Julles

• Little Boo
    Hi Elur

There is great support over on the cycle buddies thread ..I post on the july/august .

come over and join us ... ^afro^

julles
    x