* Author Topic: 4 week scan, can anything be seen?  (Read 1040 times)

0 Members

Offline snaffles

modify
4 week scan, can anything be seen?
« on: 22/08/06, 16:56 »
Hi

I was just wanting to know if you can see anything if you are scanned at 4 weeks please see roller caoster keeps on going that I posted I can't actually bring myself to put it all in words again.
Going through a bad patch at the moment.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MissTC

• May all our dreams come true xxxxxxxxxx
    • Gold Member
    • My miracle twins
    modify
    Re: 4 week scan, can anything be seen?
    « Reply #1 on: 22/08/06, 18:39 »
    Snaffles
    I dont want to give false hope out and I sincerely hope and pray that you are not suffering blighted ovum!

I recommend you read the "Waiting for First Scan" thread - some of the ladies on there have experienced similar thing to you, here is a quote I took off one of the ladies:

Hi Jinty

At that time 2 days can make a massive difference.  I had an 'empty sac' at 6w, and then at 7w there was a proper bean with a heartbeat.  I went through the same distress as you did.

I'm actually getting more and more behind the idea that we should not be allowed scans until 7 weeks because I've heard of so many inconclusive early scans that went on to show a heartbeat.

You might like to know that now that you have seen your bean's heartbeat your risk of miscarriage is less than 5%

I know she was two weeks on from you, but there are other girls on that thread with similar sort of thing.  Here is the link for you honey if you feel up to having a look:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,60996.90.html

If you are not up to reading about other people's successes though honey, then don't read the thread yet - I know how upsetting it can be, was just trying to give you some hope, because without hope what have we got?

Love
    Tracy
    x

Offline snaffles

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 24/08/06, 15:29 »
    Hi Tracey

Thank you ever so much for your support it was good to have a read through the link, I was trying to find something on it and kept going around in circles brain really isn't in gear at the moment.

Snaffles
    : 23/08/06, 11:47
    Hi I know I should have moved on from here but I havn't had much success from my other posts and I am going out of my mind if anyone can direct me to anywhere else please do.
    Does anyone know can a pregnancy be viable if you can only see a sac and no yolk at a 4 week scan.

Pleae please help.

Snaffles

Offline tweetie

• Gold Member
    • keirra-jayne
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 24/08/06, 16:20 »
    hi snaffles-i had my first scan at 5+4wks and it was easy to see a sack but still hard to see if anything else was there at that time.i had my first so early to see if everything was in the right place after ectopics from natural pg so it was a milestone for us even though we knew we still had a long way to go but then we went back for another scan at 6.1 and we saw a little more but some havent seen anything much until 7wk scan so hold on hunni.lol.xxx. ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline LizzyB

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • BMI Chiltern
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 24/08/06, 22:49 »
    Hi Snaffles ~ hope you are ok hun and i hope you can get some answers soon.

Maybe if you post on 'Peer Support' you may get a bit of help there too.....i'll leave you the link:

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,186.0.html

Loads of luck to you ^reiki^

Much love, Lizzy xxx

Offline snaffles

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 25/08/06, 10:13 »
    Thanks Lizzie

I just didn't know where to turn and I am slowly going mad, it is as if my two week wit is continuing and intensifying

Snaffles