* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 74485 times)

0 Members

Offline podbean

• Please blow lots of bubbles!
Hi everyone   ^wave^

Tony has shown me how to do a table!! It works!! I hope this is helpful to everyone.

I had no luck with the London Hospitals - my GP advised that I could go to St Thomas's but they refused to scan me as I'm not a patient of their Gynae unit.  Is this the same for all NHS hospitals?

Does anybody know of any clinics that do better deals in London or Croydon than the clinics listed below?

[table=]
col1,col2,col3,col4,col5,col6,col7,col8,
Name,Per Scan,Package of scans,Blood test per test,Admin,PAP Smear,Referral letter,   Email/fax to overseas clinic
The London Fertility Centre,£200,None,£30.00,£30.00 per bloodtest,£90.00,None,Blood only not ultrasound or pap results
The Gynaecology Ultrasound Centre,£220,£490 first 4,£28.00(atDrs Laboratory),£29.00,£49.00,Yes,Yes
The London Fertility Centre,£200,None,£30.00,£30.00 per bloodtest,£90.00,None,Blood only not ultrasound or pap results
Diagnostic Ultrasound,£185,£80.00 per scan afterwards,No,No,No,Yes,Fax
London Womenís Ultrasound Centre,£190,£120 per scan afterwards,No Fee for referral,(not known but not much),£60.95,Yes   ,Fax
The Gynae Centre,£130,£430 up to 4 scans,£30.00,No,£50.00,No,Yes but charge £5.00  £10.00 depending on  country
Fertility and Gynaecology Academy,£120,£350 for next 3 to 4 per cycle,No,£150 for direct communication with overseas clinic,£80,Yes,Yes - £150
The Womenís Wellness Centre,Awaiting response,,,,,,,                  
The Portland Hospital,No answer,,,,,,,                  
UCLH,Awaiting response,,,,,,,                  
Bart's,Awaiting response,,,,,,,                  
Royal London Hospital,No answer,,,,,,,                  
The Bridge Fertility Centre,£170 initial consultation,Canít quote without detailed name of scan,,,,,,               
Create Health,Have to be patient of theirs,,,,,,,
St Thomasís Hospital,Have to be patient of theirs,,,,,,,
[/table]

Lots of love
Podbean
x

^wave^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sanduk

• Un-Ranked
    • I Wish!
    Hi,

A friend of mine found this place recently, I can't find reference to lining scans on their site but I'm sure they do them. She used to go to The London Fertility centre but stopped going there after they raised their prices from £80 to £200!

The Birth Company 137 Harley Street £70
    http://www.thebirthcompany.co.uk/our-services/ultrasound-scans.htm

Regards
    Sand

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline podbean

Hi Sand  ^wave^

Thank you so much for this.  I'll give them a call later and see if they will treat me.

You're signature gives me inspiration.

I hope we have more luck this year!!

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Podbean
    xx  :)

Offline MrsPoogs

• Gold Member
    Hi Podbean

I recently had scans with The Birth Company in Harley Street and they were charging me £70 for a womb lining scan.  I didn't get round to having bloods there as my cycle was cancelled due to a suspected polyp.  The Birth Company deal with gynae issues and prenatal scans/bloods and I found them to be very nice and helpful.  Good luck. xxx

Poogie xxx

Offline podbean

Hi Poogie  ^wave^

I just got off the phone with The Birth Company and I have to say that their phone manner has been the best so far.  Also, they seem the cheapest as well which is good too.  It seemed like they actually cared and didn't just want to steal my money.

I'm being treated for fibroids and polyps at the mo by Isida in Kiev.  Are you going to cycle again? 

Thank you for giving your feedback. 

Lots of love
    Podbean
    x

Offline MrsPoogs

• Gold Member
    Hi Podbean

Glad you called TBC - I really found the nice and I think because they are not a fertility clinic the atmosphere is slightly different there and it is nice, everyone from the drs, sonographers and secs are very friendly and yes their prices are very reasonable.

I was disappointed as they suspected I had a polyp when I went for me Day 14 scan for my womb lining, they saw a shadow and I was so upset that they said I had to cancel my cycle and have the polyp removed but they were conscious that I don't waste my money on a cycle if I had polyps so I was pleased they were so honest and had my best interests in mind.  I have just had a hysto and there was no polyp or anything there and I was a little annoyed but a least I have the all clear to go again.  The gynae who perfomed my op is very positive about the DE cycle and said he would do my scans/bloods - so yes I am going to do one more cycle.  I need to wait for a proper AF in 4 weeks and then I can start again.  Are you having a DE cycle in Kiev?  If so and you need injections and stuff done too they will do that there although the receptionists said they wouldn't the main Dr said he would so double-check. HTH.

Sending you lots of luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^  ^hugme^

Love Poogie xxx

Offline podbean

Hi Poogie  :-*

Yes, that helps enormously.  Been so scared of doing the decap injection after reading about intramuscular injections on here!  So yes, I will definitely ask the doctor if he will do it for me after the scan. 

I'm about to check they got the email yesterday confirming the appointment.  They seem the cheapest and I haven't had a chance to start looking in Croydon yet, so will just book these guys and hopefully meet DP for lunch or coffee afterwards before coming back home.

Yes, I am being treated at Kiev - at Isida with Dr Oleg and Larissa. They seem really thorough and the experience is totally different to the one we had in London last year.   We feel taken care of and less like we are on a production line, which was pretty much our experience last year.  We also didn't know of Fertility Friends last year.  If we had I suspect we would have gone abroad much sooner. 

Anyway, we are delighted to have found these cheaper and what appear to be far more thorough clinics now.  Thanks again for pointing me in the direction of the Birth Clinic. 

They really do appear to be much more sensitive than some of the other places linked to fertility clinics. 
    It could just be me though - seem a little overly sensitive too at the mo. 

Where are you going for treatment?

Podbean
    xxx

Offline MrsPoogs

• Gold Member
    Hi Podbean

I used to live near Croydon years ago and it brings back fond memories of the bars/clubs and shops there!!!!!

Defo ask them to do the Decap for you or your GP, the practice nurse at my surgery did this for me, but when I mentioned it at my appt at TBC the Dr said I should have brought it he would have done it for me as it should be done professional.  No its not you being overly sensitive   ;)  I think because its not a fertility clinic there is a really nice atmosphere there and I felt much more relaxed!  Good Luck ^reiki^  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Are you have a donor egg cycle abroad or just IVF/ICSI?  I am currently going to re-start my cycle with IVI in Alicante and have been very happy with them.  My DH also found them far more professional and feels far happier having tx abroad than over here which I was surprised at as I thought he wouldn't like it.  We also found some of the clinics/hosp Privately in London to be stressful and expensive as well.

Poogie xxxx

Offline sanduk

• Un-Ranked
    • I Wish!
    Hi Ladies,

It's good to hear that TBC are so accommodating, I used to use the LFC but that was long before they doubled their prices!
    I wish you both the very very best, I know that I have been extremely lucky and really hope you both have the same luck as I did.

love
    sand

Offline podbean

Hi Poogie and Sanduk

I used to live in London but moved to Croydon area early last year.  We live just outside in Purley but do go to the Whitgift centre, Fairfield Hall and other delightful places. 

I am seeing Dr Gibb - can't get The Bee Gees out of my mind at the moment - You've got nothing to be guilty for, Words,  :o - and the receptionist thinks Dr Gibb will do it for me - and maybe even the injection - Boom boom!  (Sorry!) 

They seem dead helpful and normal and not at all stressed or overly busy.  Also when I phoned up they asked "how many months pregnant are you?"  which really made me chuckle.  In that moment, I realised that it is possible that they may ask me that in a few months time and it's possible that I may be!   ^pray^  It just got me dreaming that I could be going there later in the year for other pregnancy scans.  The last few days I've been in a "it's all hopeless, I'll be bankrupt, barren and living in a box" frame of mind!  Being able to see beyond even if just day dreaming was a potent antidote to the negative feelings earlier in the week.  (could also be the devigel, trental, melatonin and maybe even the antibiotics - not sure)  ^idiot^

I am doing DE IVF at Isida, Kiev with Dr Oleg and Larissa. 

I'd love to hear how you get on with IVI Alicante.  DP and I thought we'd go to Spain to IM Barcelona because no waiting list and such good reviews and also the refund policy looked attractive. We looked very closely at IVI Valencia and Alicante and several others.  Also we go to Spain quite a lot on holiday so thought it would be easy to include a trip there.  However, after researching prices and knowing how much we spent last year in London - for us it was a huge amount of money - only 3 cycles but still a lot of dosh, I just wanted to try a cheaper alternative.  DP took some persuading - Spain was more attractive to him than Kiev but in the end the price and the amount of tests the Russians, Poles and Ukranians did won him over.  Also Reprofit were so responsive to us that we booked immediately with them without really thinking about it! 

Fully mirror your feelings on the London clinics.  It's just a personal experience we had and not representative of their service but it did feel like they were understaffed a lot of the time and just couldn't cope with the volume of patients.  At Isida, we haven't had that experience.  DP has been very impressed and he's not a man to glow about things normally.

Let me know how you get on with IVI Alicante. (I'm learning Spanish so thought it would be an opportunity to hablo espanola - it's early days.

All the very best with the cycle - keep me informed of your progress.  I'd love to hear how you get on.

Hi Sanduk, you're reply just popped up as I was about to post this.  Thanks very much for the kind wishes.   ^hugme^ 

I'll keep you informed of my progress! 

Lots of love
    Podbean
    xxx
     ^wave^