* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 73926 times)

0 Members

Offline Pinkytails

Hi Podbean,

I had a scan at the TBC a few weeks ago and they were wonderful, the sonographer knew her stuff!!

Good Luck with everything  ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline podbean

• Please blow lots of bubbles!
    Thanks Pinkytails   ^hugme^

Everyone seems to talk so highly of them. 

Offline MrsPoogs

• Gold Member
    Hi Podbean

How's you?

When are you off to TBC then?  DrG is so nice - good luck with your appt.  ^reiki^

We also holiday in Spain alot and I really like Spain and feel comfortable there which is why we chose there.  Also we chose IVI as it was highly recommended and I am very pleased with them there and yes it is much nicer going over there for tx than London!

I would be interested to hear how you get on at Kiev and wonder if it is also cheaper than Spain.  I think this is going to be our only DEcycle due to cost and other things as well, but I suppose you never maybe we would consider Kiev if we were not successful this time round although all fingers and toes crossed  ;)

Great to hear you are learning Spanish its something I really want to do and try to speak more every time we go out there, I am considering taking lessons during work time as there are tutors in our building, but we have so much on at the moment I am not sure I could concentrate!  I am considering a short break in Costa Blanca end of April as I have a friend out there and really need some sun  ^holiday^ before hopefully starting my cycle again end of April and after AF arrives.

Have a good weekend.

Poogie xx

Offline podbean

• Please blow lots of bubbles!
    Hi Poogie

Hope this isn't a duplicate.  Just started typing a message a minute ago and then it disappeared.  I probably hit the wrong button.  So, I'm meant to be doing paperwork and sorting through 3 boxes but just got dead bored and thought I'd come and have a chat!  Great to hear from you. 

Isida is much cheaper than Spain.  When DP did the maths he realised the Spanish clinics would have been quite similar to what we would have paid at the Lister, so he was willing to look elsewhere after a bit of persuading   ^bigbad^

We agreed the following prices with Larissa - 2,600 not including flights. Not including my medicine approx 150 ish.  And no waiting list.  DP and I have managed to  get very good deals on hotels and flights via a variety of means - travel agents, internet sites, negotiating directly with The Opera Hotel.   I expect we paid 580 for flights for the two of us - booked a day before we flew.  And the hotel was about 200 per night for the two of us but it is a very nice hotel.  The last trip was about 700 all in for flights and accommodation at The Opera for 3 nights for the two of us again.  You can eat very cheaply in Kiev - but we've mainly eaten in the hotel.   It would have been much cheaper if DP didn't come with me but he insists.  You may want to check out Reprofit in Czech - Dr Stepan - 2300 for one cycle of OD- no extra fees. Included are: the stimulation drugs for the donor, monitoring of the cycle, oocyte retrieval, fertilization by ICSI, so called extended cultivation (day 3 or 5- blastocysts, depending on the number of embryos and their quality), assisted hatching and also freezing of surplus embryos and their storage for one year. Price does not include medication for you. Meds for you can be obtained either from our clinic or you can get them in your country. (lifted directly from Stepan's email)

Reprofit is probably cheaper to get too.  There is a waiting list of approx 9 months to see Stepan.  If you check out the Reprofit Board you will see that he is very successful too.

I should really post a proper review and update for people on the Ukraine board - but in a nutshell - we have been dead impressed with both Dr Oleg, Larissa - his coordinator and all the doctors and nurses at Isida, Kiev.  She responds very quickly to all of our emails.  Dr Oleg has been very thorough in all the tests he has done with us.  It is early days for me as he is having to treat me for fibroids and polyps, weak lining, wrong shaped uterus  :-\ - none of this was picked up in London - it may be that the London clinics think it doesn't make a difference.  I don't know really.  But somehow, the time they spend with us is much more than the rushed consultations we had in London. 

So, if you want any more info, don't hesitate to pm me or have a "chat" in the chatrooms.  I looked at loads of clinics and drew up the short list of Altra Vita (DP not willing to go that far), Isida, Invimed and Reprofit.  The others came close (particularly IM and IVI) but on a cost and testing basis we preferred to go East!

On the Spanish Front - I've been teaching myself onthe BBC Spanish Steps site - over the last 10 weeks.  It's by email and free.  It's basic Spanish but enough to get by in Spain, buy a beer, book a room, and say basic stuff about yourself.  I also use Instant Spanish by Elizabeth Smith with a CD - very very good.  I listen to some other Spanish CDs too.  The only problem is that I don't think I speak it very well even though if spoken slowly I can now pick out the odd word or two - at the start I couldn't understand anything.

I've just booked on to a course with City Lit in London to do their basic Spanish course.  In total I spend about 10 - 20 mins a day and then over dinner teach DP how to say things like, This food is cold but the waiter is gorgeous! The table is dirty, but the toilets are fantastic ;D  It just helps to remember words! 

Anyway the paperwork and boxes aren't getting sorted, so I'd better  dash.  Just pm me if you want any info, contact details etc for Isida, Reproft, Invimed (Warsaw - also very impressive but slightly more expensive but cheaper than Spanish clinics).

Where abouts are you in your DE Cycle at the mo? 

Podbean
    x

^wave^

Offline MrsPoogs

• Gold Member
    Hi Podbean

How are you?  Hope your weekend was good.  :)

Thanks for all the info regarding Isida I will look into this although we are only attempting one DE cycle with Spain, mainly due to cost and emotion.  We are also considering adoption should our treatment fail.

I am due to start my cycle again in May(the pill)/June hoping that my AF arrives on time and is normal after my recent hystoscopy(sP..) for a recent supposed polyp.... to which there was not one and my cycle was cancelled....  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^  So got all my fingers and toes crossed that I can have this cycle and get through to ET - I just want a good chance as my last cycle with my own eggs in Aug 07 failed at fert so I feel I have not had a good chance at IVF.

Thanks also for the info on the "teach yourself Spanish" I will defo be looking at those websites.

Love Poogie xxx

Offline Frazzle

• Our beautiful girls
    modify
    Scans near Milton Keynes?
    « Reply #115 on: 30/04/08, 20:59 »
    Hi everyone,

I'm just after a bit of information for a friend - she's thinking about having donor treatment overseas and needs to find somewhere near to Milton Keynes where they will do the supporting scans and blood tests.  Do any of you know of anywhere in that area where they will support international treatment and hopefully that isn't too expensive?

Any advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,
    Frazzle
    x

Offline keeks

modify
    Re: Scans near Milton Keynes?
    « Reply #116 on: 1/05/08, 16:20 »
    I use a clinic in St Albans. I know its not that nearby but if you don't find a closer one pm me and I will give you the details.

Keeks xxx

Offline Femail

modify
    Re: Scans near Milton Keynes?
    « Reply #117 on: 6/05/08, 16:00 »
    Frazzle,
    Northampton Care may be able to assist which isn't too far from Milton Keynes Tel 01604 601606 www.carefertility.com
    Alternatively BMI Chiltern in Great Missenden (near Hemel Hempstead) which may be a little too far would also do the scans.
    Take care and be lucky

Femail

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that Fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline baby123

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Scans and Blood tests in northamptonshire area
    « Reply #118 on: 4/07/08, 10:40 »
    Hello,
    Was wondering if anyone can help me, am going to South Africa for IVF treatment and i need to do some scans and blood tests, can anyone recommend anywhere around northamptonshire  area that is not too expensive.

Thanks

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Re: Scans and Blood tests in northamptonshire area
    « Reply #119 on: 5/07/08, 14:42 »
    baby123 - good luck in south africa - i cant recommend any places, but when i needed a place once in london, i just googled the area i wanted, and phoned around .... so perhaps you could do this (prices vary alot so try and find somewhere reasonable)  I eventually got one of those places that do 3d scans to do it for me, and told the person it was only a lining scan i needed and i got it quite cheaply ....
    sorry cant be of more help ... but wishing you luck for your upcoming treatment ...