* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 73921 times)

0 Members

Offline Penelope Positive

• Gold Member
On my latest cycle I used a private GP service for my blood tests which was a bit pricy but quick and convenient and for my scan I went to a private pregnancy hospital. Do a bit of research around you and you may find something similar. 

They don't ask a huge amount of questions, and I found our ones so much more friendly and helpful than any IVF clinic I have ever used.

Good luck with your journey

Pen
xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Nics01

Hello Again Kaxa

Just to let you know, for blood tests my clinic sent me a list of all tests required and i went to my GP and he wrote the lot out on an NHS blood request form.  When the results where sent back to the GP surgery they just faxed them trough to my clinic.  I have to say my GP has been fantastic he has saved us a ton of money.

Nics xx

Offline Bewley

Hi,

If you can get into London ok I can suggest the London Womens Clinic. I'm doing donor in Kiev and have used them for my scans and blood tests for HCG through two cycles. Costs are 125 per scan but they give you a report and the photos which can then scan and email to your clinic which come out reasonably well.

They will ask for a referral, I just got my consultant to email me a letter saying having tx with them in Kiev and need to be scanned, printed it out and they were happy with that. One of the biggest benefits other than them being happy to scan me even though not a patient (so few will!) is that easy to get an appointment at your convenience. Jeanette is particularly helpful. I pay for each scan as go along

Good luck
    Bewley x

Offline moon light

• Un-Ranked

Hello Pen,

I have been having treatment in Holland as my DH live there , i  had 3 IUI and miscarriage last year , abandoned IVF October 08. I am hoping to have my 2nd IVF this months if i respond to drug as  Iam poor responder.  All my cycle monitoring done at CRM London .

Iam over 40 and using my own egg. I wonder if you used you own egg  or DE . If i donnot respond to drug  Iam thinking of changing the clinic . Is  you clinic will treat older women with their own egg? could you please let me know you clinic details.

you support is much appreciated .

Farsa
    On my latest cycle I used a private GP service for my blood tests which was a bit pricy but quick and convenient and for my scan I went to a private pregnancy hospital. Do a bit of research around you and you may find something similar. 

They don't ask a huge amount of questions, and I found our ones so much more friendly and helpful than any IVF clinic I have ever used.

Good luck with your journey

Pen
    xx

Offline ♥JJ1♥

• Gold Member
    • Thanks for all the bubbles
    Mr Trew (NHS he works at Hammersmith Hospital and they do a package as well) at 92 Harley St do an overseas monitoring package for 500 for as  mnay scans the blood tests are extra and processed through TDL.

ARGC also did it for me, but only do it if you have been a pt there.

Dr Gorgy also shares care and does immunes for other clinics

L x

Offline larkles

• VIP Member Sponsor
    My local GP did all my blood tests-if I had done them at Harley street the costs would've been 780.00 so well pleased he did them for nothing, I was told I would have to pay for the natural killer cells one so was prepared for that (200.00) but never got a bill

I've used the birth company before and they're reasonably priced compared to some.

Best of luck on your journey

farsajamha-there are a lot of clinics abroad that treat us older ladies, if you want some help, let me know

Larkles
    xxx

Offline goldilocks1

• Un-Ranked
    Just thought I'd put a note in here about Bourne Clinic Cambridge.  I phoned them regarding, scans and bloods prior to overseas d/e treatment and they bluntly refused and so rudely.!  I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Goldilocks

Offline earthe kitt

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 3
    Not sure where you are in Herts but Verulam Clinic in St Albans were very sympathetic and reasonable with scans and blood tests - not sure what the prices are these days

Jo

Offline mountainlion

It might be worth looking in the yellow pages and doing a few phone calls.
     I had been going to London for my scans and blood tests, but found a private doctors chambers which did my next blood test, and then they told me they did scans also!! I have had all my further blood tests, lining scans and baby scans done there since. Amazingly its just a few hundred yards from my house and I had walked past it hundreds of times without realizing it was there! It was the same price or less than the cheapest I could find in London and without all the travel hassle and cost.

Offline kaza1000

Thanks for all your responses.

I just wanted to add I ended up going to a private hospital for the scans and blood test it cost a fortune: 215 for ultrasound scan and 95 for blood test.
    I arranged it all in a rush and didn't follow up on the advice given on this site- a costly mistake.

I have since called the Birth Company in Harley Street 020 7725 0528. As recommended by someone from this site. They have quoted

50-70 for the scan
    40 for Ustradiol blood test.
    They were lovely to speak to on the phone, understanding of the treatment abroad and happy to fax results over. I havent been there yet but plan to use them for my next lot of tests.

Cheers
    Kaza