* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 73925 times)

0 Members

Offline suitcase of dreams

• Gold Member
I use Birth Co and they are excellent...def recommend them if you are able to get to London Harley St easily enough

Suitcase
x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bluesky3443

Thanks for the info,
    The birth co, seems to be good and really economical.
    I might give it a go instead of going to my clinic, Lister, they have had enough money from me.

take care and good luck xx

Offline Lilo2

• Gold Member
    I'm late to this topic but perhaps it would be useful to  give it a bump!

I have just received a list of tests I need from CFC in SA and was wondering where best to go - so thanks very much!

(That's when I decide I'm absolutely doing this of course!)

Lilo x

Offline Izzy x

• VIP Member Sponsor
    Hello,

Just adding to this thread with info that i found out.

I have been using the private 4D scanning companies to do my lining scans. My local one does it for about 75.
    They will also do the blood test for either 25 or 50.

The people were experienced at this sort of thing and they said that they had seen an increasing amount of people who were going abraod for treatment.

Might be worth phoning a few in your local area.

Good luck everybody
    Izzy x

Offline KES2005

modify
    Scans in the UK whilst having treatment abroad
    « Reply #144 on: 6/03/10, 17:57 »
    Hi there

has anyone doing DE IVF / ICSI abroad found a good clinic in the UK - south west / swindon / gloucester region who will liaise with the clinic abroad and do scans for a reasonable rate?

Thanks

Offline Momito

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Scans in the UK whilst having treatment abroad
    « Reply #145 on: 8/03/10, 00:21 »
    Hi there

I asked the same question for the South East a while back but didn't get an answer!  Although I decided to do everything in situ in the end...I just rang around the clinics in the area asking if they did this and also what the cost would be.  London prices were 750 plus blood tests...Brighton area 650 + blood tests...way more expensive than the clinic in New York!

If you have your clinic abroad organised, ask them if
    a) they have any patients from your area and if so, are they able to recommend a clinic local to you
    b) if your clinic monitors on weekends you will want to find one in the UK that also opens on the weekends (many don't...and as the NY one does...needed the same flexiblity...the body doesn't wait!).
    c) if you do monitoring local to you, then make sure that they understand what is required of them (timeframes to get the results to your clinic for analysis) and also if they have done it before.  Too many cooks n all that!

Very best of luck to you!

Momito
    xxxx

Offline dimbers

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Scans in Scotland
    « Reply #146 on: 10/03/10, 19:03 »
    Hi,
    Due to length of waiting time and cost of treatment in Scotland, I am considering going abroad for IVF treatment (using own eggs). To reduce the time spent abroad from two weeks to one week I need to find somewhere in Scotland who would be willing to undertake the first few scans. Has anyone else in Scotland had any success in finding a clinic willing to help?

Offline jenny80

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Scans in Scotland
    « Reply #147 on: 16/03/10, 10:41 »
    Hi

I wnet to GCRM in glasgow for scans only and have IVF treatment abroad. Staff were really nice.

You can also pay for private scans at Glasgow Royal infirmary.

If you want contact details let me know.

jenny x

Offline dimbers

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 16/03/10, 20:56 »
    Thanks Jenny, that's very helpful - will give them a call.
    x

Offline jenny80

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #149 on: 17/03/10, 09:28 »
    Good luck !!!

If you need any other details let me know.

Number for glasgow Royal Infirmary is 0142 2115511 and GCRM in Glasgow is 0141 891 8749.

Jenny xx