* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 73927 times)

0 Members

Offline alanelaine

• New hope with adoption
modify
Re: Scans in Scotland
« Reply #150 on: 18/03/10, 21:28 »
The Nuffield were very good with us and were surprisingly cheaper than GRI where we had some too!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dsh

• Only four weeks to go! Can't wait to meet you x
    modify
    Scans in Birmingham, treatment abroad
    « Reply #151 on: 12/05/10, 14:13 »
    Hi,

My husband and I are considering treatment abroad in Prague. But we would not be able to get the time off workto stay in Prague for the whole of the cycle. The clinic have told us that this isnt a problem and we could have the scans during the stimulation phase in the uk. I am trying to find somewhere in the Midlands/Birmingham area that will do the scans for us.

Any ideas anyone???
    DSH

Offline dsh

modify
    Private Scans during treatment abroad - Midlands???
    « Reply #152 on: 11/07/10, 21:25 »
    Hi,

Could anyone reccomend a clinic where I could get some private scans done to check follicles and lining thickness during icsi treatment?
    My dh and I will be having egg collection in Prague in mid August but need to have the intial scans done in the uk somewhere in the Midlands. Someone recommended The Priory hospital in Birmingham, but I have been trying to get a hold of them but there has been no answer for the last few days????

Any reccomendations? I wouldnt mind travelling to Manchester/Liverpool?

Thanks
    DSH

Offline svb

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Private Scans during treatment abroad - Midlands???
    « Reply #153 on: 12/07/10, 12:13 »
    Hi DSH
    I went to the Leicester Royal Infirmary, Assisted Conception unit. 0116 258 5922
    It was 70.

Or Coventry University Hospital, Reproduction centre. They charged me 58 for an early pg scan. 02476 968 879

S x

Offline Nadine1

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 12/07/10, 19:10 »
    Hi DSH,

I've always used the Priory for scans and blood tests. They are a busy unit so it does sometimes take ages to get through. I find between 9 and 9.30 to be good or late afternoon.

I think there's a place at Five Ways, Edgbaston who you might also want to try....Health Harmonie I think they're called.

Good luck with your treatment.

Nadine

Offline dsh

modify
    « Reply #155 on: 12/07/10, 21:27 »
    Thanks guys,
    Mu dh managed to get through to the Priory in the end and they have agreed to do the scans for me.
    Thanks for the info tho.
    DSH

Offline GLouE

I'm having ED abroad and having trouble finding a clinic in the Midlands who'll carry out my pre-treatment scan and blood test.

I know that Nurture in Nottingham do them but it's a bit far for me to travel. Anyone know of a clinic in the West Mids? Preferably not in Birmingham (but I'd be prepared to travel in if necessary.)

Thanks

GLouE

Offline GLouE

Sorry, don't worry - should have looked at a thread I've just spotted!

Offline bluebell

• Gold Member
    Hello,
    Just in case you don't have any luck on the other thread, the Leicester Royal Infirmary did scans for me when I was visiting my parents and they were cheap too (50 per scan) !
    Good luck,
    Bluebell xxxx

Offline GLouE

Thanks Bluebell, that's great.

Just had a call back from Coventry's CRM and they would charge 120 for a scan and 50 for a blood test which is a lot more expensive that Leciester. She was keen to point out that she would be doing me a favour! Thought it was a bit cheeky to say such things - it was almost like - oh 'you're another doing ED abroad'. She said that it would be a different matter if I went with them for ED but that I was probably wanting the treatment asap.

I'll give Leciester a call and see what they say.

Thanks again

GLouE