* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 73924 times)

0 Members

Offline Kitty kat

modify
Re: WHERE CAN I GET A SCAN DONE?
« Reply #20 on: 9/09/06, 12:35 »

If the local one Roze suggested doesn't work out then there is the LFC in Harley street does one off scans for 100.  I've got one on Monday and I'm having treatment in Kiev.  They also do one off blood tests too. 

As Roze suggested the Italian Pharmacy is very good, but when you go for you transfer, you should be able to buy all the drugs you need.  I may be wrong on this but the 'after' meds are cheaper than the 'befores'

Good luck

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline radnorgirl

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 9/09/06, 13:24 »
    Jules,

I guess that the clinic that you are refering to are the Chaucer. I had the same problem. I am going to Ceram for fet and this time I am going to have the scan in Spain.

When I had my IVF treatment in July I think I was probably one of the last abroadies to get a scan done there. They refused to do my hcg blood test.

If you are unable to arrange the dates so that you have your scan when you are abroad then you could contact the clinic at Tumbridge Wells to see if they will do the scan. Another potential alternative would be Orpington but I think that might be a BMI hospital as well. I think that there are some places in London where you can go.

Which clinic are you going for tx?

Where do you live? I live in Temple Ewell, just outside Dover.

lots of love

Helen
    xxx

Offline dianne

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 9/09/06, 21:12 »

Jules

As Helen memtioned
    The Tunbridge Wells clinic also called  The South East Fertility Clinic ( SEFC)
    is definitely worth a call i am aware they will do scans for ladies going abroad and are generally very helpful and reasonable

Good Luck
    Dianne

Offline radnorgirl

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 12/09/06, 19:56 »
    Jules,

Did you manage to find somewhere to do the scan for you?

Helen
    xx

Offline jkh

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 13/09/06, 16:09 »
    Hi all

Sorry have not got back sooner, have had busy few days.
    Thanks for all the very helpful replies with info on clinics for scans and where get hold of drugs, this has all saved me heaps of time as well as loads of stress too no doubt!

Helen -  thanks for the follow up, sorry did not get back sooner ,yes I was talking about the Chaucer, helpful to know it wasn't just me then as they were a bit evasive when I tried to ask about it although they had been extremely helpful to me in previous contact, a sudden change of policy I guess.

I live in Whitstable and am going to IM in Barcelona. Waiting to hear when to stop taking the pill ( how ironic) and go onto next lot of medication, ie waiting to hear about a donor and timescales. Are you going to Spain for  a while then if you are having the scan done in Spain, or is it done at the last minute? Excuse my ignorance about the process and timescales, would be good to know more if you don't mind.
    Thanks
    Julie
    x

Offline radnorgirl

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 13/09/06, 17:28 »
    Julie,

I am having tx at Ceram in Marbella. When I was arranging to go back to the clinic for our frosties I exlained to Ruth the difficulties regarding the scan and asked if I could get it done when we are out there.

We fly out on Monday (week after next) and I wil be going for a scan as soon as I arrive. I will then have the transfer on the Thursday (if my frosities survive the thaw) and I will fly back on the Friday. Ideally we should be travelling back a day later but that just was not possible because of our committments in the UK.

I have been going to ST Saviours Hospital in Hythe for my blood tests although they are quite expensive there - 87 I think compared to around 40 at the Chaucer.

It is possible to get the blood tests done as an outpatient at the Chaucer - not through the Brabourne but I have a lot of bad feeling for the place and I would rather pay more elsewhere than go there now.

Wishing you lots of luck

love

Helen
    xxx

Offline Sally123

modify
    Day 7 uterine lining scan - how thick is too thick?!
    « Reply #26 on: 15/11/06, 21:05 »
    Hello girls
    I'm at IM and today had my day 7 scan - lining was 11.8mm. I started off being very happy with this especially as I've been having acupuncture and visualising a nice thick lining  :) - but having read a few postings elsewhere now I'm starting to worry that this may be 'too thick too soon', as I've read that linings over 16mm at ET may not be so good for implantation (though not sure why not?).  Anyone got any advice or reassurance? Is my clinic likely to take me off the patches and coast a bit or do you think that 11.8 is ok?

Thanks for any advice you can give me,
    Sally x

Offline Bangle21

• Gold Member
    • At last ..... people who understand
    modify
    Re: Day 7 uterine lining scan - how thick is too thick?!
    « Reply #27 on: 16/11/06, 10:50 »
    Hi Sally,

I'm really sorry, I don't know the answer to your question.  I think at E.T. mine was about 13.5 mm and I now have a BFP at last.  Have you tried posting to Ruth?  She's probably the one to ask ......

Good luck hun,
    Love gill xo

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #28 on: 16/11/06, 11:55 »
    I am sure i remember reading this exact same question and ruth had answered it with that she had never heard of a lining been too thick.
    I'm sure it will be fine, a lovely healthy lining is what you want
    wishing you lots of luck for your visit to IM and transfer.

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 16/11/06, 11:59 »
    here is a link to another question asked around this which might make you feel much more optimistic

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3613.msg48417#msg48417