* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 73918 times)

0 Members

Offline keeks

modify
where can I get a scan locally?
« Reply #50 on: 8/03/07, 18:01 »
Hi girls,

I posted this on the general site at first and was advised to post here.

I am having tx abroad and need to have a scan done on 2nd May.  I have contacted all of the hospitals listed to try to get one in this area (herts/beds) but to no avail.  Hitchin were really helpful and prepared to do it for 150 but the only radiologist who can do the scans does not work on that day.

BUPA Harpenden are charging 240.

Any ideas of where else I can look?

Keeks xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sammid

modify
    Re: where can I get a scan locally?
    « Reply #51 on: 8/03/07, 18:30 »
    Is this a lining thickness scan or 6 week scan?I know it's a bit further but what about MUMS Solihull for general ultrasound scans in Birmingham or Birmingham Priory (BUPA?) as they quoted me about 100 pounds or so I think when I checked last year. It's about an hour away I guess from you.
    Hope you find something suitable.

Offline three_stars

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 8/03/07, 19:43 »
    Hi

Check with your clinic abroad as you may find one day does not make much difference if you can not do it locally May 2.  Just a thought.
    b123

Offline keeks

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 8/03/07, 20:53 »
    Thats a good idea. Didn't think about changing the date.  I'm sure you're right, one day can't make that much difference. I will check with my clinic.
    Will have a look at Birmingham as well.  Yeah bout an hour away so not really a problem.

Keeks xxx

Offline earthe kitt

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 3
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 9/03/07, 23:08 »
    Try the Verulam clinic in St Albans - a hop and skip from the station

I can't remember the costs but you can google it in for details etc

Jo XXX

Offline ask4help

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 10/03/07, 09:02 »
    Hello Keeks,

I am in Hertfordshire too and when I contacted Capio Pinehills in Hitchin they said the scan would be about 90 - that was last year.  I can't believe their prices would have jumped so much since then though.  I may well ask Pinehills to scan me.  I think the Drs name is Dr Bannashee.  He is meant to be very good.   I had an ultrasound at Pinehills a few weeks ago for a kidney problem and I think it was about 90 to 100.  Maybe an internal ultrasound is slightly different.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

Nadinex

Offline keeks

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 12/03/07, 16:12 »
    Thanks girls, will keep looking. off to google st albans now.

Keeks xxx

Offline keeks

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 12/03/07, 17:26 »
    Many Many thanks Jo.

Just got off the phone from the verulam clininc.  They booked me in no probs.  Scan costs 100 (cheapest quote). All they wanted was a referral letter e-mailed from my Dr abroad and they will fax the results immediately.
    The clinic looks fab on the website, a little gem.  Will hopefully use them in future.

Keeks

Offline langue

modify
    scans around Liverpool/Manchester??
    « Reply #58 on: 15/03/07, 21:22 »
    Hi everybody,

having spent a year on investigations in Reproductive medicine unit I am considering going for IVF to Belgium and am trying to find good clinics around Liverpool/Manchester to have blood tests and ultrasound done. Can anybody recommend anything? At the moment I am concentrating mostly on IVF clinics because I think they should have more understanding about what is required for this treatment but may be it's a just an assumption and any hospital will do. What do you think?

Thanks a lot.

Offline pinkflamingo

modify
    Re: scans around Liverpool/Manchester??
    « Reply #59 on: 16/03/07, 19:49 »
    Hello
    Try Manchester Fertility Services (tel: 0161 227 0018)- they did our blood type groups and sperm tests (around £110 for the lot). They also faxed over the results to the Spanish centre I am having tx at.  Scans are around £126 I think.  They have a website www.manchesterfertility.com

www.ultrasoundnow.co.uk do the pregnancy scans.  If you email them they will give you the details of another clinic in Stockport which do the lining thickness scans as they dont do them at ultrasoundnow.  The Stockport clinic lining scans are around £116.

Hope this helps.

/links