* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 73922 times)

0 Members

Offline casey

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: scans around Liverpool/Manchester??
« Reply #60 on: 17/03/07, 09:48 »

During tx, CARE in Manc 's did my scans, but I went to Lourdes hospital L'Pool for blood tests as it was cheaper and easier to get to from where I live. Liverpool Womens hosp apparently do scans and blood tests for tx abroad but I never went there whilst having tx abroad so don't know how good they are about getting results to clinics abroad 

For tests before tx i did mixture of CARE, my GP and the local GUM clinic at the Royal Liverpool hospital and Lourdes hospital did ny HCG/ Beta tests

hope this helps
caseyx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline langue

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 21/03/07, 17:25 »
    Thank you so much for your advice, pinkflamingo and casey! Lourdes hospital is close to my place too so that would be really useful for blood tests.

Offline langue

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 21/05/07, 14:43 »
    Update:
    Tried to have a HIV, B & C test done in GUM clinic. Well, HIV alone costs 80 plus you need a photo which they attach to the results.  :o Apparently GUM in Chester does them much cheaper and quicker. For the same set of tests in Lourdes we would have to pay around 250.

Offline harvey

• Un-Ranked
    Hi

I'm new to Fertility Friends but I have already read lots of helpful and great advice. 

We are currently looking at Egg Donation abroad but I wondered how to get scans/tests done this end.  Is it best to go to your IVF clinic or GP.  We live in the Bristol area. 

Any ideas/help will be greatly appreciated.

Harvey

Offline millyJJ

Hi

I'm in Cheltenham and went to BACC in Bath for my scan - they charge 100

Cheers
    Milly

Offline Trying4baby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Can anyone recommend a London clinic who do follicle scan
    « Reply #65 on: 20/06/07, 22:30 »
    Hi There,

I'm travelling to Denmark for IUI with donor sperm and I need to find a clinic who will scan me on day 10/11 to see if I'm ready for the Pregnyl injection then insemination. Can anyone recommend someone that isn't too expensive please?

Offline harvey

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    scans tets around bristol
    « Reply #66 on: 22/06/07, 22:47 »
    Hi

We are hoping to start egg donation with IM in November.  Can anyone help by suggesting where I can get scans/pre tests done in the Bristol area and costs.  Drawn a blank via GP and REPROMED in Bristol where we had ICSI. 

Harvey

Offline earthe kitt

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 3
    modify
    Re: scans tets around bristol
    « Reply #67 on: 22/06/07, 23:30 »
    I don't live in your area but when I had my scans for going abroad I had mine in a private clinic which leans more toward private pregnancy scans - I think I paid 80 - 100 for each scan so you could look up your local babybond franchise or perhaps even your local Bupa hospital.
    It may also be worthwhile to put a post on the English counties thread to see if anyone in Avon (isn't that where Bristol is ?) knows any local private facilities.
    A sonographer is a sonographer whether they are looking at a foetus or a lining/follies they should know what to do

Good luck

Jo XXXXXXX

Offline Evenstar

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Re: scans tets around bristol
    « Reply #68 on: 24/06/07, 21:44 »
    Hi Harvey,

The BUPA hospital in Bristol will do lining scans but they are pretty expensive.  The cheapest place I found was BACC in Bath (part of RUH) - about 100 pounds.

Good luck with your treatment at IM.  I have nothing but praise for the clinic and am now just over 11 weeks pg at my 4th attempt with them.

:)  xx

Offline amanda69

Hi there, I don't know where abouts you are in London.  If you are in South London perhaps you could try a clinic in North Kent.  A couple of the girls on the IVI board have used a hospital in London for their scans - sorry I cannot remember the name.  It might be worth you posting on the IVI or IM perhaps.  I used a scanning company in Kent called KMI based in West Malling.  They only charge 40.00 for follicle tracking but you would have to get there.  Trains after 9.00 am are very cheap and there is a bus service that would drop you almost to the door.  A taxi only costs 5.00 from West Malling station.  I cannot recommend them highly enough, but it might be a bit of a trek for you.  I think that some of the girls have been paying 125.00 but you get a consultant consultation at the same time (you probably know that already).

Anyway, good luck.  Hope that all goes well for you.

Amanda