* Author Topic: Scans in the UK for treatment abroad  (Read 74486 times)

0 Members

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
modify
Re: where to get an ultrasound scan in London
« Reply #80 on: 8/01/08, 13:45 »
heres a link which should be of some help to you

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=43123.0

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mrs-GG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #81 on: 8/01/08, 14:54 »
    Hi
    We had one in a Harley St clinic at 17w. Im pretty sure it was this one. Very central and easy to find.

http://www.thebirthcompany.co.uk/our-services/ultrasound-scans.htm

I think it was around £100 and we got a couple of free 3D scans also.

Helen

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that Fertilityfriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Offline clare2

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 8/01/08, 16:58 »
    Thanks a lot for this, much appreciated.

The Lister won't do scans unless you are one of their patients and the Bridge Centre wanted to charge me 150 for a consultation with one of their doctors first and then about another 150 for the scan - outrageous!! Some of these clinics will do anything to get money out of you - it's very depressing.

Oliv

Offline clare2

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 8/01/08, 17:28 »
    Just so everyone knows, I've just checked out the Birth Company - 70 for a scan to check endometrial thickness, 180 for a scan checking the full works - they will also email results to clinic abroad for no extra charge. Def the best place I've found so far.

Scans done by sonographer rather than doc but don't suppose that matters too much?

Hope this helps,

Oliv

DollyDee

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 9/01/08, 14:06 »
    Oliv, I just had my lining thickness scan yesterday at the Birth Company and can really recommend them. 

I had one initially at the London women's clinic (110) and the sonographer was really miserable and didn't actually do what she was asked in my referral letter (I didn't realise this until afterwards as I hadnt seen the referral!). 

Dolly

Offline Mrs-GG

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 9/01/08, 15:00 »
    I had the sonographer at the Birth Clinic and she was absolutely fine. I wouldnt think there was a difference to havign a scan with them and a Dr. My early pregnancy scans were all with a sonographer which I was pleased about as she always seemed in less of a rush than when the Drs did scans troughout the cycles.

Anyway, good luck, Hope you have a lovley scan.
    btw, getting a 3D image is only the flick of a switch. One minute we were standard scan pics then she pressed something and hey presto we were in 3D. Worth mentioning to see if you can get a feeebie like we did.
    Helen

Offline Empty2

modify
    Scan pricing
    « Reply #86 on: 9/02/08, 07:02 »
    Hi girls,

You are all probably aware of the great differences on pricing of scans in this country for going abroad and it can be really expensive.  I was having trouble managing to get a referal through my GP as the scans need to be on certain days, I really began to panic, so I rang a private hospital that quoted me 235 per scan.
    Luckily, we did however manage to have the first scan (6-11 days) as it fell on the day my appointment was finally sent to me, this through a NHS Hospital but we still had to pay as a private patient, it cost us 185.

However I have since found we need 2 more scans before going to ISIDA in the Ukraine so I was surfing the net yesterday and found a site that can do 1 scan for 100 or 3 scans for 250.  They are a site that do baby pictures in the womb etc.  When I rang them I was told that they already do scans for patients going to clinics in Spain and the results can even be forwarded straight to the clinic you would be using.

You are probably aware of all this  ::) but I failed to see it!  Don't want to get into trouble :-[ by putting the website on here but contact me and I will give you the website they are based at Solihull in the West Midlands.

Hope this helps,
    emps
    x

Offline smc

modify
    Re: Scan pricing
    « Reply #87 on: 9/02/08, 10:43 »
    Hi Emps

Thats really helpful info, thanks. (I live in West Mids so even better for me!). Another lady on a previous post informed of a place in London who do private ultrasound scans also, (type birth company into google), and it seems that they do vaginal scans for 50-70, or pregnancy scans for 100 plus. I haven't called them so don't know if they forward scans overseas for you, but definitely worth a call for those down south having problems getting scans.

Bets wishes

Sue x

Offline aruck

• Isla and Finbar born on 19th March 2010
    modify
    obtaining scan in Glasgow
    « Reply #88 on: 10/02/08, 02:01 »
    Dear ladies,

I am hoping to undergo egg donor IVF at a Czech Clinic in may. I have to plan for the eventuality that I might not be able to go on the mock cycle later on this month as planned , in time for initial visit at beginning of march, therefore may have to obtain scan back in UK.

I live in Edinburgh . A lady previously posted that there is a place in Glasgow that does private scans . Does anyone have details, name of the place or how to contact them ?

Many thanks ,

Andrea

Offline alanelaine

• New hope with adoption
    modify
    Re: obtaining scan in Glasgow
    « Reply #89 on: 10/02/08, 08:18 »
    The Nuffield in Glasgow does private scans. The scan costs 88 and they do appointments until about seven most evenings.  We were there last week and found them very efficient and sympathetic.

Phone number is 0141 576 2900 ask for the ACS Department.

Hope this helps

A&E