* Author Topic: Flying and IVF Abroad - Medications etc.  (Read 49551 times)

0 Members

Offline DJCJ

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Advice on flying with medication
« Reply #100 on: 10/03/11, 21:45 »
Hi
I flew with my meds too.  Got a letter from the clinic advising that I was carrying syringes and meds and went through customs no problems.  The clinic advised me to keep all meds in my hand luggage as the temperature in the hold might affect the meds and also in the event my bag went astray.

Have a good flight
DJ

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline DazeyJ

modify
    Re: Advice on flying with medication
    « Reply #101 on: 11/03/11, 09:11 »
    Thanks so much for the advice girls, will get on to the clinic today for a letter..

Offline Claireybells

modify
    Injecting abroad
    « Reply #102 on: 5/02/13, 21:15 »
    Hello,

I'm due to fly out to Norway in just under two weeks for my treatment and just wondered what people do about injecting whilst abroad.

What do you do with needles etc when staying in a hotel?

Thanks

Claire

Offline bambibaby12

• Gold Member
    • I'm a MUMMY
    modify
    Flying and medication
    « Reply #103 on: 1/07/13, 21:56 »
    Hi ladies

Just after a bit of advice.

Has anybody flown whilst cycling and wondered what you did with your meds? I will be flying in my first week of stimms so need to take my drugs which normally are stored in the fridge.

Questions are:

- do you need a doctors note or anything for taking the meds in your luggage? Obviously I will have needles etc too, are airlines funny about these things? I had intended only taking hand luggage.

- my meds are menopur so once this has been mixed u can keep at room temperature. Can I mix 3 vials and take all these with me or do they have to be used within a certain length of time when mixed?

- therefore if you aren't mixing and taking, have u stored these in a cool box until you get to your destination??

What are your thoughts ladies? Any advice/tips are appreciated xx

Offline Lilly08

modify
    Flying and medication
    « Reply #104 on: 27/08/17, 13:38 »
    Hi ladies

Just after a bit of advice.

Has anybody flown whilst cycling and wondered what you did with your meds? I will be flying in my first week of stimms so need to take my drugs which normally are stored in the fridge.

Questions are:

- do you need a doctors note or anything for taking the meds in your luggage? Obviously I will have needles etc too, are airlines funny about these things? I had intended only taking hand luggage.

- my meds are menopur so once this has been mixed u can keep at room temperature. Can I mix 3 vials and take all these with me or do they have to be used within a certain length of time when mixed?

- therefore if you aren't mixing and taking, have u stored these in a cool box until you get to your destination??

What are your thoughts ladies? Any advice/tips are appreciated xx

Hi bambybaby,
    I have the same concern about travelling with so many medicines and keeping them at a suitable temperature.
    Passengers are not allowed to carry injections in their hand luggage, but you can keep them at your cargo luggage.
    I think the safest is to store them in a cool box instead of mixing them. But I wonder.. where you can find a cool box for them? Or is it just a common one?
    You should take with you all your prescriptions, because most probably you will be asked to prove what you are taking.

Offline susie7600

modify
    Flying and IVF Abroad - Medications etc.
    « Reply #105 on: 27/08/17, 13:57 »
    I flew at 10 weeks pregnant with Gestone progesterone injections. It didn't have to be kept cool so I can't help with that but there was no problem flying with it and needles/sharps box in my hand luggage. I took a letter from my clinic but didn't need it in the end. They didn't bat an eyelid or ask me anything about it when going through security x

Offline susie7600

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 27/08/17, 13:59 »
    I would worry about hold luggage getting lost with it in and then being completely stuck!!

Offline Lilly08

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 28/08/17, 20:34 »
    Hi @susie7600
    hmm it seems restrictions are different depending on which flight or airline..or destination.
    I would worry about luggage getting lost with it too. Although I think that if you have the prescriptions and your tests, you should be able to find them somewhere else.
    You can always go to another doctor and ask for a new prescription.
    x