* Author Topic: Flying and IVF Abroad - Medications etc.  (Read 49557 times)

0 Members

Offline ♥MillyMax♥

• Gold Member
  • Shady Grove-USA, FGA, ARGC, M/C Ctr, BMI Chiltern
modify
Flying after ET
« Reply #20 on: 4/04/07, 08:17 »
Hi

Hoping someone can answer this for me. 

We are living in Geneva but having TX in the UK, returning again for a 2nd IVF cycle as we were success with this clinic last year.

The question I have is that as DH and I would like to be apart for as little time as possible we would like to return home to Geneva following ET and were thinking of flying the day after and we have discussed this with our consultant who has advised he is happy for me to travel/fly until 20wks pg, can anyone advise what their thoughts are or advice from their medical team!

Thanks in advance.

Jennie
   x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline safarigirl

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Re: Flying after ET?
    « Reply #21 on: 4/04/07, 10:20 »
    dear jennie

this has been discussed before, here is a thread you might find helpful

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=87258.0

good luck for your upcoming treatment ...

Offline ♥MillyMax♥

• Gold Member
    • Shady Grove-USA, FGA, ARGC, M/C Ctr, BMI Chiltern
    modify
    Re: Flying after ET?
    « Reply #22 on: 4/04/07, 12:18 »
     :)  Safarigirl

Thank you so much for your reply.

Good luck with the remainder of your pg.

Jennie
       x

Offline Guinness

modify
    Flying about ET and personal scanning
    « Reply #23 on: 2/06/07, 08:55 »
    Hi girls

I'm sure it's been asked plenty of times but have any of you flown the day after ET and got a BFP? The doc says its ok to fly the day after but I just wanted to be sure.

Also I think I read somewhere about telling the staff at the airport that you're pregnant so you don't go through the personal scanner in case it affects the embies? Is this correct?

Sorry for the questions but don't want to ruin my chances of a BFP on my 5th cycle!!!

Many thanks  :)
    Dee

Offline Penelope Positive

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Flying about ET and personal scanning
    « Reply #24 on: 2/06/07, 09:02 »
    Hi Dee,

I cant unfortunately say that we have had a BFP (yet) but my clinic advised it was fine to fly the day after treatment as long as I had had 24 hours bed rest immediately after. Haven't heard about the telling staff you are pregnant thing either but not a bad idea. I suspect some airports will be more relaxed about this than others and may insist on some evidential prove before they allow you to bypass the scanner.

The very best of luck with your cycle, hope this one is your time!

Pen
    xx

Offline sammid

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 2/06/07, 09:57 »
    Hi, yes I have been told it's fine to fly the day after and to rest the day before i.e. of the transfer. I have been told not to  fly during the implantation days but not sure when this is! Can anyone clarify!?
    Thanks,
    Sam

Offline Guinness

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 2/06/07, 10:04 »
    Hi Sam

When trying to get pregnant naturally, implantation is supposed to happen 6-12 days post ovulation. During IVF, ovulation is classed as the day of egg collection, so if you have a 3 day embryo transfer then Day 3 of your 2ww could be the earliest time implantation would happen.

Dee

Offline sammid

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 2/06/07, 10:10 »
    P.S. Just found this info

Quote from another message board:
    "I am reading  Zita West's Guide to getting Pregnant. She recommends 3 day bed rest after ET although it is not clinically proven. The main point is good blood flow to the womb lining to help them implant. Any activity diverts blood to extremities and vital centres, whereas lying down allows for a good blood flow to the womb."

So I think 3 days bed rest is a bit extreme  and doesn't apply to most people at IM who get BPN who go home the day after, it does seem to suggest that not moving keeps the blood flow in your core as it were.

Also I would avoid the new microwave whole body scanners they have at Luton - they have ordinary metal only scanners too and you can ask to be hand searched too. Metal only scanners shouldn't do any harm as it is just metals that are really affected and you go thru so quickly.

Sam

Offline sammid

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 2/06/07, 10:13 »
    Dee,

Just a quick question is transfer day 1 or day 0 so to speak!?

Thanks,
    Sam

Offline Guinness

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 2/06/07, 10:15 »
    I always class ET as Day 0....

Dee