* Author Topic: Flying and IVF Abroad - Medications etc.  (Read 49560 times)

0 Members

Offline ophelia

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Flying with fertility meds. Help!
« Reply #50 on: 22/10/08, 23:04 »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Will a letter explaning what I need it for from my GP not be enough?
My clinic is in Sweden and when they faxed over the prescriptions they were in Swedish so not sure if they would write an English letter. Will a faxed letter will be enough anyway? Or will they have to send a letter in the post for me. I thought a GP's letter would have been enough, no?

Did you carry your needles in your handluggage as well?

Hi Junnie. Just noticed your post. Did you have a letter to show at the customs?

Love/Ophelia

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ophelia

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 22/10/08, 23:08 »

Another thing, I've got quite a lot of drugs and if I was to carry it all in my handluggage it would probably fill the whole bag with drugs and no room for anything else. (which may look a bit drug smuggling like to a custom worker. ;) ;D )

Offline Junnie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 22/10/08, 23:15 »
    I had a letter but i didnt need to show it.. I flew just after starting stimms etc so i had a lot of drugs

as long as the perscriptions are ALL in your name its not an issue.

I believe my letter stated that i am travelling with meds used for fertility treatment. these meds are necessary blah blah and it listed the meds and contact number of clinic

letter from GP will be fine!

Offline AlmaMay

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 23/10/08, 07:31 »
    Anything you put in your luggage that you check in you must accept that it might be lost.  Checked luggage goes missing all the time.  It is your decision. 

You can carry needles in your hand luggage.  I have done injections on the plane in the toilets. 

Offline angel555

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me loads of bubbles for luck!
    modify
    Flying after ET
    « Reply #54 on: 24/11/08, 15:33 »
    I had a question for all ladies who have had treatment abroad. How many days after ET did you wait before flying back home? My question is for 2 reasons:

A friend is considering going abroad for tx - it involves a 10 hour flight. She wants to know how many days rest is considered optimum after ET before flying back. Her doctor advised 3 days. She was worried about the effects of long distance plane journeys before the implantation process.

I have a few trips planned for the next 3 months, both personal and work related. After a failed cycle we are looking to planning our next cycle. It may be that I have to fly a couple of days after ET.

I thought you are the best people to ask considering that you have had treatment abroad. Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks

Offline Rex

modify
    Drugs from overseas
    « Reply #55 on: 24/11/09, 21:32 »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows if we are able to receive drugs from overseas.  The clinic I am considering has said that they will provide the drugs - is it possible for them to send drugs to me?

I would be grateful for any advice. 

Thanks

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member
    • My boys!
    modify
    Re: Drugs from overseas
    « Reply #56 on: 27/11/09, 10:16 »
    Hiyyah

Any clinic can send meds to you in the pst or via courier. I prefer to use a registered pharmacy when isend meds to patients but it is èrsonal choice.

Ruth

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    modify
    Ovulation tests in hand luggage
    « Reply #57 on: 31/12/09, 10:22 »
    Hi ladies

I know this may sound a silly question, but I'm just making a list of stuff to take to Copenhagan, and I'm not checking any bags in, just going with hand luggage.

Will I be okay taking ov sticks in my hand luggage?

Thanks

Offline Ruth

• Gold Member
    • My boys!
    modify
    Re: Ovulation tests in hand luggage
    « Reply #58 on: 31/12/09, 15:59 »
    Should be no problem at all!

No needles and no liquids so safe from an airplane perspective.

Ruth

Offline snowwhite44

modify
    Help...calling all ladies who have had BFP abroad x
    « Reply #59 on: 17/05/10, 00:41 »
    Hello all
    I am due to start IVF treatment in June. I am looking for a little reasurance on flying home after egg transfer please. Although i am not going abroad for tx i would be travelling from Glasgow to London and i would need to stay in London for 2 weeks for tx. We have been flying back & forward for appointments so far and its been great, fast and flights have been cheap.

However i am very worried bout flying home after ET. Is it safe? If anyone has flown home after ET  and got BFP, how soon after ET did you fly home?

ANY advice would be great...i just dont want to do anything to mess this cycle up. We could drive if it came to it, its a 6hr drive but we will do it if we have to.

Thanks Snow xxx