* Author Topic: Flying and IVF Abroad - Medications etc.  (Read 49555 times)

0 Members

Offline svb

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Help...calling all ladies who have had BFP abroad x
« Reply #60 on: 17/05/10, 09:24 »
Hi Snow White
Different clinics will give you different advice. Some say you can travel back after a few hours of ET, others say the day after.
The advice our clinic gave us was no long journeys in the car, so definitely wouldn't recommend driving.
We actually decided to extend our break and stay on an extra 3 days and got my BFP 4 days after we arrived home. We had blasts so the test day was only 8 days from ET.

Good luck with your cycle and here's hoping for a lovely BFP.  ^pray^

S x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Ratty1

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 17/05/10, 17:17 »
    Hi Snowwhite

I had egg donation in spain. It was difficult to know how long to stay in spain for, also our donor was delayed having EC to give her extra time.  I therefore flew back to England about 6 hours after ET!  The clinic recommended a day or two to rest after ET but they knew that I had to get back on the day the flight etc was already booked for.  So I felt really nervous on the plane thinking that I was ruining my chances.  14 days later I tested and got my BFP! 

Ideally I would have flown back a few days after ET but it didn't cause me problems.

Good luck.

Rachel

Offline snowwhite44

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 17/05/10, 19:01 »
    thanks ladies, i am in total confusion about what to do now. one min i think ok we will just drive and the next i think it will be fine flying. congratulations on your BFP's

xxx

Offline millymolly8

• Un-Ranked
    Hi
    I am travelling to South Africa next week for egg collection.  I will start Gonal F on Wednesday, so will probably have about 4 Gonal Injections left to take with me. 

I've never used Gonal before but have been reading a bit about it and see that it has to be kept cool/cold. 

I am hoping to take the remaining injections on the plane with me.  Have been looking at the security info on the Heathrow website and the airline website and it looks like I might be able to take it on the plane with me if I have a letter from the doctor.

My two concerns if I have to put it under the plane, is it going missing and what the temperature is like under the plane.

As anyone had any experience of taking injections through security - any tips?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Milly

Offline kittenorcub

Hello, I would not put it in the hold - too risky and could be lost!

I would carry it through Security with letter from  doctor in small cool bag with 100ml liquid cool packs (you can buy these small ones from Robert Dyas I think or other places )and then you are sure they are cold and not going to be spolied/lost.

I have carried meds through Security in this way - just had the bag seperate to my luggage - told Security before I went in queue and then again in line and have had no problems - only once did they read the letter from doctor.

Hope that helps!

Offline millymolly8

• Un-Ranked
    Thanks for your reply - i got a letter from the doctor today. So hopefully it will be all smooth(ish) sailing!

Thanks again.

Milly

Offline earthe kitt

• VIP Member Sponsor
    • My 3
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 25/05/10, 21:59 »
    I flew the day after the day after ET - can't remember what day of the week it was but eg if I'd had ET on Monday I flew on the Wednesday having spent most of the Monday and most of the Tuesday in bed - just getting up for meals
    I had a BFP

Offline buis

modify
    any ideas re getting gestone outside the uk???
    « Reply #67 on: 26/05/10, 20:26 »
    hello all,

Offline buis

modify
    Re: any ideas re getting gestone outside the uk???
    « Reply #68 on: 26/05/10, 20:29 »
    sorry pressed post!!!
    just got a BPF ;D  from the ARGC  in london but live in France. they don't do gestone over here and also my Dr not keen on it. apart from getting a friend in london to get my scrip and post it any ideas or know of any companies that ship abroud? ??? ?
    much appriciated.

Offline Zeka

• Gold Member
    • 08: Ms Mellon; 09: UCH + ARGC, 10: FGA + ARGC
    modify
    Re: any ideas re getting gestone outside the uk???
    « Reply #69 on: 5/06/10, 08:31 »
    Hey buis, may be worth asking Nix on the argc threads as she lives in France too (if you haven't already). I think one cycle she also used hcg shots as support but sorry don't know the details.
    I've also been told you can buy it in Greece over the counter so wld hope some other countries also sell it.- obviously depends if you'll travel for it.
    Zeka x