* Author Topic: Flying and IVF Abroad - Medications etc.  (Read 49559 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope297

modify
Re: any ideas re getting gestone outside the uk???
« Reply #70 on: 26/06/10, 15:35 »

I get the czech equivalent of gestone which is agloutin. I find it less smelly and oily than gestone (having had that from argc many times). I order it from the pharmacy on the reprofit website called pharmawell and they send it to me. Or speak to Fazely and perhaps they can courrier to you? Contact details are on the genral ivf chat "cheap drugs" thread.

HTH

Hope.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline buis

modify
    Re: any ideas re getting gestone outside the uk???
    « Reply #71 on: 29/06/10, 11:03 »
    thanks eveyone. ended up getting friends to post and bring it over. now in to my last 10days of using it (I HOPE!!) when i get to 12 weeks.
    thanks again.
    buis

Offline Bluemorpho23

My husband takes his injections through heathrow regularly with no letter, he doesn't tell them and he never gets stopped (he takes blood thinners as he had dvt once). If you have a letter (I would if I was you!) you'll have no probs!
    x

Offline millymolly8

• Un-Ranked
    Thanks BM - we made it through Heathrow with no problems - I was prepared for every eventuality but they didn't even bat an eyelid - even tho I had a big ice pack with the Gonul!!  Thanks for your reply - much appreciated.

Milly

Offline Rachelxxx

modify
    Flying after ET
    « Reply #74 on: 14/09/10, 20:57 »
    Hello ladies, I wonder if anyone knows or has an opinion on whether it's safe to fly after ET? Mine is booked for 0900 this Saturday and I'm due to fly home (3 hour flight) at 2300 that night. If the concensus is that it's best not to I'll change my flight.
    I'm very grateful for any thoughts

thank you loads

Rachel xxx

Offline Kettle Chips

modify
    Re: Flying after ET
    « Reply #75 on: 14/09/10, 21:04 »
    Hi Rachel,

I had ET (with Penny!) mid afternoon and got the 7pm flight home, so only a handful of hours later & I went on to get a BFP !!!!

I read the Serum thread so have been watching from afar - sending you lots and lots of  ^reiki^  for Saturday, P really is the best !!   

Kettle Chips x

Offline Rachelxxx

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 15/09/10, 05:09 »
    Hi KC!
    You've taken such a weight off my mind! I've obviously had far too much time on my hands and was Reading a diary of a member who had to change her flight because she was advised to definitely not fly for at least 24 hours!
    Many congratulations on your pregnancy, I  ^pray^ to follow in your footsteps.
    Thanks so much for your reply,
    love Rachel xxx

Offline kizzymouse

• Gold Member
    • I'M A MUMMY!!...AT LAST!!
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 15/09/10, 05:26 »
    I flew about 5 hours after transfer and got a bfp  :)

Good luck  ^reiki^ ^hugme^

Offline Rachelxxx

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 15/09/10, 06:41 »
    Thanks Kizzy, I feel so much better about it now- I just want it to work so much, I don't want to jeopardize my chances!

Congratulations on your pregnancy- how exciting!

Take care, love Rachel xx

Offline kizzymouse

• Gold Member
    • I'M A MUMMY!!...AT LAST!!
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 15/09/10, 15:16 »
    Thanks hunny - once embies are in there they are cushioned and protected - it is really down to fate and luck if they decide to implant plus chemicals and stuff!  ;)

Good luck!  ^reiki^