* Author Topic: Flying and IVF Abroad - Medications etc.  (Read 49558 times)

0 Members

Offline wishingforanangel

modify
Re: Flying and IVF
« Reply #90 on: 18/11/10, 21:07 »
no facts to give you but it seems a lot of women have traveled right or several days after their cycles. some have a bfn and others have a bfp. so it just seems like everything is left up to fate. sorry if i'm no help to you.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hoping :)

• Gold Member
    • No time soon :(
    modify
    « Reply #91 on: 18/11/10, 21:43 »
    Could u work it so u stay over there til after implantation? Say til test date?x x

Offline bextoby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 19/11/10, 09:08 »
    No unfortunately I can't wait there.  I will have been there since CD3 and transfer bout CD16 I think if it goes to plan.  Is it better to travel the day of transfer or later, Arghhh I just dont know now whether I should just keep saving and give the money grabbers in the UK a shot!!

Offline kizzymouse

• Gold Member
    • I'M A MUMMY!!...AT LAST!!
    modify
    « Reply #93 on: 19/11/10, 09:15 »
    Just popped by to give you a positive story - I flew back from CZ Republic about 4 hours after transfer and as you can see I have one perfect munchkin on board.

I just took it easy and tried to relax.
    I really do think implantation will happen if it's meant to no matter what. Good luck  ^reiki^ ^pray^

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 19/11/10, 09:15 »
    I wouldnt like to say, think clinic says bed rest 4 3days after ET. i wouldnt b put off going away, a lady i knw is goin czech 4 tx she only has2b there 7days! id jst make that my 'holiday' afterwards. good luck x x

Offline Irish Dee

• Gold Member
    • We are complete!!!
    modify
    « Reply #95 on: 19/11/10, 10:28 »
    Hi,

Just wanted to add that my Consultant said that when an embryo is transferred, it's like putting a grain of sand into a jam sandwich.  Nothing physical can shift it!!!

I like that image, makes it feel safe and snug.

Best of luck with your tx.

Dee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 19/11/10, 11:11 »
    Dee ive heard some ladies also describe it that way too!

Plus, all the ladies who dnt knw they are pg ??? they go on with their normal lives. x x

Offline urbangirl

• Gold Member
    Some airlines (the better ones) will put it in one of their fridge compartments for you.  If they don't you can ask them to fill some small plastic bags with ice for you to keep it cool. (take bags with you) and then again just before you land so you can keep it cool until you get through customs etc.

Offline DazeyJ

modify
    Advice on flying with medication
    « Reply #98 on: 10/03/11, 18:07 »
    To all you girls out there that have to travel for treatment, do you put your medication in your checked luggage or take it on board...will have a thermos bag to keep it cool and was going to check it in for less hassle at security but wasn't sure how it would cope with the air pressure?

Offline gemmy_gemgems

modify
    Re: Advice on flying with medication
    « Reply #99 on: 10/03/11, 19:17 »
    I've just recently come back from Abu Dhabi...i was down regulating while there.

I got a letter from my fertility clinic explaing i had syringes and other meds.. i also informed the airline and they emailed me a letter to take with me also...  carried everything in my hand luggage with no problems what so ever xxx