Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ARGC part 2

22K views 326 replies 16 participants last post by  Rachel 
#1 ·
New home ladies...happy ^gossip^

Let me know if the list needs to be updated/amended...

Bare with me as I'm new to all this moderator stuff ^beware^ ;)

Take care...

Natasha x ^reiki^

Waiting to start

Amber
Egg
Little Nell
Lukey
Welshbird
Truly
Sam2995
Nicola Parsons

Down regulation

Melmac

Stimming

ktc

Egg retrieval

Embryo transfer

POAS

See less See more
#2 ·
Evening All

Just a quickie, am a bit confused. Does anyone know if you need to have scan at the end of monitoring cycle? I am at the end and had my day 21 blood test done today by GP- today is when I would have started D/r if I wasn't delaying tx for operation. ARGC said I could get my gp to fax results as I wasn't starting tx straight away and didn't need to make trip to London. However have just read in ARGC info that there is also a scan at this stage to see how body has changed after ovulation. I'm panicing a bit in case I've missed this somehow and will have to do this when I start tx. I want to be able to start straight away and not have to do monitoring again. Am having op 13th Oct so hopefully get started again Nov/ Dec.

Does anyone have any answers please?

Thanks x

#3 ·
Thanks Natasha- will let you know if any updates need adding :-*

#4 ·
Wow, a new home.  No longer a new thread.

Gracie - I also read about that end of cycle scan but seem to remember someone saying that they no longer did that.  It is a shame because I have often said that clinics should scan you in the 2ww to see if they can pick up any clues as to what is going wrong.  Glad you have your op date through and that you won't be delayed too much.  Will you have to go through the monitoring cycle again?

Nico - I start work as a childminder on Wednesday.  I don't know how I am going to cope with that and cycling but I'll worry about that when the time comes.  I applaud anyone who manages to hold down a full-time job and cycle at the same time, I haven't worked for a while because the thought of all those appointments for scans and the lies I would have to tell made it impossible.  Then after my last failure (which back then really was going to be my last) I decided I had to move on and we really need the cash.  So have just been through all the getting approved and am ready to start work.

What does everyone think of the new IVF regulations that may be coming in.  According to the Mail today from the new year we will only be allowed to have one embryo put back at a time.  All I can say is that it is a good job I plan on cycling now rather than then.  In the US you hear of ladies having 4 embies at a time put back and we are only going to be allowed one.

Sam

#6 ·
Morning All,

Thanks for our new home Natasha  ;D

Just to add my thoughts on the new regs,  I think it is terrible that they are only going to allow 1 embryo to be put back, as we all know it is hard enough trying to conceive with two or three going back let alone only one  :mad: .  I had three last time, and it still didn't work, they are effectively reducing the odd by a further 50%  ^bigbad^

Gracie, I didn't have a scan at the end of my monitoring month, and I then missed two months before starting and didn't have to have another monitoring cycle, when I phoned to let them know day one (I thought I was going to be on a short protocol) they asked me to go for bloods on day 2, and then told me to start d/regging 7 days before my next  AF, although in your case if you are on the short protocol then you'll be ready to go straight away I would think  :)
Speak soon
Mel
x

#7 ·
Mel,

According to the article I read yesterday "for women in their late 30s, the chances of pregnancy are NOT reduced by putting only one embryos instead of two back". Well I find this very difficult to believe. I know two women who are in their late 30s who did IVF and are pregnant with one baby (so what happened to the 2nd embryo?).

Nico,

Hope all looks good at your scan today.

Sam

#8 ·
Sam & Mel

Thanks for the info, it's good to know that there is no scan at the end. i was terrified in case I had to go through it all again. i think I will be on the long protocol. How long does it take from start to finish, ie BFP or BFN?

I also read the article in The Mail and agree that it's shocking about putting only one embryo back. I just hope we all get our BFPs before then. i think after having two put back every time and it being unsuccessful we would all feel short changed getting one put back.

Anyway, must go- on my lunch hour at work.

Nico, hope scan went well x

#9 ·
Hi Sam & Gracie

I completely agree with you, what did happen to the other embryos.  If you look at the American IVF results, they have consistant 50-60% success rate and they put up to 6 back. So, I don't believe that the chances of a pg overhere will not be reduced by only replacing one embryo.

Anyway rant over.  ^bigbad^
Mel
x

#10 ·
Hi, evening ladies

I agree with you all on the one embryo issue - who thought that one up??  Probably a man!  ^bigbad^ Certainly not anyone with IF issues.  At the end of the day twins isn't usually a problem for most - I know that if by some miracle I get pg and he/she is a singleton then I would never go through IVF again, but if it was twins that would be great.  A complete family!  :)

I understand the multiple issue - I had a friend who had triplets (American) - she had 6 embryos replaced.  The pg was very hard and one of the babies is now fitted with a pace maker - but two, whats the huge issue.  Give us a fighting chance  :(

Gracie - so glad you've got a date through.  You will soon be making your way down the list.  I did long protocol last time and it took 6 weeks - my last clinic was slightly different in that sniffing starting Day 1 - but, 14 days sniffing, 12 days stimming (but this can be as little as 8) then EC - 2/3 days to ET and then 16 days 'til Test Date.

Sam - good luck for Wednesday, how many children.  You are very brave!

Nico, whats the news?

Mel, any sign of the old  ^witch^ yet ?

Lots of  ^fairydust^ to everyone else.

Speak later, love Welshbird x

#11 ·
Well, with my track record, transfer of one is something I am very used to sadly. :-\
I tried my first wheatgrass juice tonight, but don't think I had let it grow long enough= too impatient. It was weird. Kind of sweet but a weird taste to it I cannot even begin to describe. My other tray is not going to be ready for a day or two so I guess I will have to start a tray a day and see how that goes. ::)
Hope everyone is ok- I am exhausted at moment...no idea why but AF is due next 3 days...so that will be out of the way when DH comes back. No news on the funeral yet.
Who starts stimming first then?? ^reiki^

#12 ·
Oh and DH is back in 8 DAYS.... :p

#13 ·
Hi All

Mel,  ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ^pompom^ ^monkey^ ^jumpin^ ^banana^ ... a dance for your  ^witch^

I've got my scan tomorrow to see if I've down regged enough... bit excited and nervous about moving to stimming  ^idiot^ ^idiot^.  I'll update you all tomorrow

Little Nell, you must be SOOOOOOOOO excited to see DH  ^evil^

Hello everyone else...

K xx

#14 ·
PS sorry so quick, I'm having hassle from my DH for spending so much time on the computer   :-\

#15 ·
Ktc

I know the feeling-DH calls me jessica fletcher because all he hears is me tapping away on the computer- he thinks I'm obsessed with this site- he's probably right!
Good luck with your scan tomorrow- are you the first on this thread to start stimming?

Nell, you must be so excited to see DH- lots of baby dancing to catch up with! Will he back in time for funeral?.

Sam- good luck tomorrow.
Nico- hope all went well today.
Hi to everyone else.
Counting down the days to my operation- the sooner it comes the sooner I can get back to tx.

Nite nite, gracie x

#16 ·
hi girls
#
had no lap to at home and was out all day
Lets get down to bussines  as what i can see that is exactly what the ARGC is a business that is not very well run at all I run my own and have a client base of over 2000 and would never treat them other that 100% OK baby making is a bit different from cutting hair but they are still a paying client, as as i parted with £980.00 yesterday i would expect a little bit more bed side manner

I get a call on Fri telling me to come at 8am
leave my house at 7am get to baker st at 7.30 walk round to ARGC at 7.40 go in to find about 30 people  waiting I could not get a seat for 20min, when i did i waited for a further 20min till my name was called .. Also it was so quiet no one said a word strange how all the woman are in the same boat yet no one can have eye contact with a fellow infertile person, and all you can hear is the werrrrr of the credit card machine in the office next door they should really get a silencer on that one ,

I was then moved up stairs where i waited for another 10min, was called in to a room with a lady doc very nice did not remember her name .  had a quick Scan  All OK PHEW lining nice and thick and ovary's behaving them self's not having a party .  she then spent a few min talking about here hair and taking down Guys tell no to make an appointment with him. was told to go and buy pee sticks till i got a serge (which sound like a french hairdresser i know)

went down to part with my cash and was sent round to have 19 files of blood taken to be sent away for testing and one for my mid cycle thingy bob. Just around the Conner in Harley street More waiting.

any way went of to buckingham palace with Sara had lunch went and spent 18.00 on pee sticks buy one get one free in superdrug if your interested ..........  I get a phone call in afternoon to say come in next Monday for blood, and when i said about the pee sticks i was told not to bother ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ rally as they would test my blood and be able to tell from that , so i took them back, got my money back and spent it on drinking champagne in a roof top bar over looking kensington gardens (BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY) ;D ;D ;D.

So i asked what time to come in for blood and you have to get thire at 7.30-9.30 wait till you are called to be given your blood test paper Werrrrr the PDQ machine and off to harley street again £60 thank you very much.

so am a bit not impressed I know they get the results and thats what matters but just a bit more customer care would not go a miss.

Oh and the other story is i have a terrible hang over today whoops.

Ill be back later

lots of love   I do still like the argc but this is a true account of my £1000n spend

#17 ·
Hi Ladies,

Nico - I was beginning to get a bit worried when you didn't post yesterday. I am glad everything was OK at your scan but worried about the rest of what you said because I KNOW that everything you described fully sums up the ARGC.  Yes they get the results and yes maybe they are so busy and popular that they really don't have time to show their caring side like other clinics certainly do.  I think it is good to talk about this because the last thing any of us need is to suddenly feel mid cycle that the ARGC don't really have the time to care (or maybe show they care).  I get the impression that with the ARGC you just have to do as your told and if they change their minds (as is the case with you Nico) then you just have to keep your mouth shut and go along with it.  I don't understand though why they can't give you the blood form for your day 21 bloods in advance (like other clinics do) so you can go straight to the Harley Street place and get the bloods done.

The immune thing really scares me too because so many of us are actually coming out with abnormal results.  I know other doctors say that we are being scared into parting with our cash and that is true really because we don't dare not get the tests done.  I do hope my posting all this doesn't put anyone on a downer or scare them.  Just feel that everything Nico has said is true and it is all better out in the open so we can make informed decisions.  I guess the truth is that the ARGC has the best statistics so we will put up and cough up for whatever is thrown at us because we all want to be part of the successes.   

BTW Nico - did you say you had to have an extra blood test (other than the immune stuff) today?  And how many O tests did you get for £18?  I assume then 8.00 is not a good time to turn up at the aRGC.  Did it thin out by the time you left?

Well I have to go as due to pick up the little girl I am minding from nurseryl.  I am just looking after the one at the moment (may advertise for more later on but not until after the IVF).

Ktc, Gracie - I am also in trouble for spending too much time on the computer!

Ktc - Hope scan shows you are downregged OK.  I guess you are going to be the first to get to ET.

Mel - Hope AF comes soon (like right now).

Little Nell, Welshbird - Hello.

Sam

#18 ·
hi sam

glad you thought my post was ok i was a bit worried i may have put a downer on it all ,

It was still mad when i left at 9 but i supose a lot of people have to get off to work but i think if you dont then maybe go later, i would think every day is a mad day for them.

10 ov sticks for £16 punds i ment not £18 and cleare blue was 19.99 for 7 sticks i am sure that superdrugs own are just as good i did not look at boots but they do there own make as well and some times have offers.

lol nico

#19 ·
I honestly do think it is all better discussed (the downsides of the ARGC).  At least then we know what to expect and won't take it personally.  I know I had already heard this before my initial appointment and so didn't come away from it feeling despondent.

Reading in the Mail yesterday I saw someone else wrote in complaining about Tana Ramsey's comments re feeling a failure for needing IVF.  So I am glad I was not the only one upset by it.

Sam

#20 ·
hi me again

are any of you at ARGC next monday id so , i am and i could do a bit of eye contact in the waiting room, I may not be back on today as i am getting JJ from school and have a dinner party (MAD I KNOW) tonight.

as my nan says no wonder your not pregnant you never stop still for one second, she also asked me how my MFI was going bless her if only it was as simple as a flat pack kitchen unit, she is 87.

see you later

#21 ·
^daisy^ ^hello^

Oh Nico - if only we could wheel our trolley around and collect. ;D Mind you, am pretty cr@ppy with anything flat-packed so not sure what I'd end up with ;D
Glad your scan went well, and your lining is looking good.

Sam, & Nico - I'd say, and I'm sure the others will jump on and agree/disagree, that we are all probably old enough and have been thru' this enough not to be living in la la land where tx is concerned. I'd rather have the true picture - my last clinic was pretty much a 'do as you're told & don't ask questions' type of place but without the results. Its not nice to wait for hours, and its certainly not nice to feel like a herded animal especially when we get to the stage when we are struggling to cope mentally and physically with drugs but we have a very important goal and we have great support on here from all our FF friends.

Nell - so pleased for you - 8 days is so close now.

K, blimey, after that dance, Mel's ^witch^ won't dare stay away

Hi to Mel and Gracie.

Love Welshbird x

#22 ·
I know- this time next week DH will be in my arms...at least! ^evil^

No news on the funeral date yet, but do have a delivery of the furniture from DH's Gran who died a month of two ago to contend with on Fri.

Still tired despite an early night, I hope this is not foreboding warning about my hormone levels being poo! ^bigbad^ Eating stodge as the witch is due thu/fri.

#23 ·
Nell, you're such a  ^evil^  -you will let your DH get thru' the front door first  ;D  ;D

I have also eaten so much rubbish in the last week my skin is starting to resemble flaky pastry. Feeling fat, pale, lumpy and knackered.  Apart from that not too bad  ;D  Hoping my  ^witch^ doesn't put in an appearance 'til Saturday at least, want to make it down to London forvbloods on Monday

Welshbird x

#24 ·
I have been knackered all this week. Tired today even though I was in bed early last night too...keep fretting that it is to do with my rubbish hormone levels...DH has hurt his back. He rolled off his bed when he heard a rocket attack on the base- he usually rolls off and under his bed- but landed on his helmet...so now has neck pain. ???  He NEVER complains that something hurts unless it is REALLY bad, so I know he is hurt. Typical man will leave it till Fri before he will see about getting Dr to look at him....and where does he work....a field hospital.  ^idiot^

#25 ·
Hmmmm!  I could say something really rude about a man who falls out of bed and lands on his helmet  ;D but that would probably only restart the discussion about how big his heart is  ;D  ;D

Seriously though, really hope it fixes quick and he is fit and healthly when he arrives back.  :)

#26 ·
Welshbird- I was chuckling as I typed it- you must have the same mucky mind that I do! HEHE!!
I went for a jog/walk last night to collect my bike, which I took to a bike shop for a service, it was lots further than I thought it was doing the journey that way...how sweaty was I when I got to the shop=very!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.