* Author Topic: poor response.....?  (Read 1216 times)

0 Members

Offline bluebell123

• Un-Ranked
modify
poor response.....?
« on: 26/10/06, 18:13 »
Hi All ...
Have been reading this site for the past few months now...while having treatment had two cycles of ivf now.. 1st  long protocol only ended up with 2 follicles.. was on 3 amps menopur so converted to iui...2nd treatment cycle tried a short protocol,my fsh level was 9... was on 6 amps menopur and still ended up with only 2 follicles .. :'( so have converted again to iui...the next protocol they are surgesting involves taking steroids...but I'm more interested in redusing my buserelin as i think that I'm responding too well to this and not the menopur (took 0.5 doses both protocols) any advice...?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MissTC

• May all our dreams come true xxxxxxxxxx
    • Gold Member
    • My miracle twins
    modify
    Re: poor response.....?
    « Reply #1 on: 26/10/06, 21:03 »
    Hi bluebell honey and welcome to FF.

I'm sorry I cant offer you any advice personally as I have to have donor eggs so dont go through egg collection process, BUT I am sure there are lots of lovely ladies here who will offer you some advice.

Meanwhile, we are all here to support you honey, so feel free to post anytime.  If you have any questions about using the site, finding your way round, etc, just send me a PM and I will help you. (to send PM click the little scroll icon under my avator piccie)

Love and lots of luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
    Tracy
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline bobalot

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 26/10/06, 21:15 »
    Hi Bluebell

Im on my first cycle of IVF with an FSH of 9 and had egg collection yesterday. 

I was on 0.5 Buserelin for 16 days, then added Gonal F for 4 days with 4 amps of Menopur.  After the 4 days I stopped the Gonal F and had to up my Menopur to 8 amps !!! for 6 days - still took the 0.5 Buserelin all through this time.

I got 4 eggs but only 1 fertilised and am having egg transfer tomorrow - so here's hoping !!

Good luck for your future treatment
     :)

Offline sugary

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 26/10/06, 21:20 »
    Hi Bluebell
    Sorry to hear about your poor response, it tough isn't it. I had a poor response as well and and am trying the short protocol (well may be if I can bring myself to...and can bear the cost). Your FSH seems OK but you don't say how old you are? have you had your oestrogen checked and inhibin b as this may help tell you more?
    Sugary
    xxxx.

Offline bluebell123

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 30/10/06, 01:05 »
    Hi All thankyou for your kind replies...Am due to go back to the clinic in another week and will ask about the tests that were suggested...am hoping that I'll be able to get more answers,

Offline egg

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 30/10/06, 08:41 »
    Hi bluebell
    I took buserelin 0.5 for about 14-16 days and then reduced the dose to 0.2 once started gonal f.  I have done this twice now and the first time I was really oversuppressed by the buserelin and it took days to see a response to the drugs, the 2nd time I was ok.  Have also done 2 short protocols where you don't use buserelin at all, have heard this can be better for people who don't respond well on long protocols or short buserelin protocols like you have just done.  Have also heard about low dose steroids to improve response, might be worth a try??
    egg