* Author Topic: Male Factors of infertility.  (Read 43827 times)

0 Members

Offline Love2BaMum

• Gold Member
modify
Re: Male Factors of infertility.
« Reply #20 on: 31/01/12, 14:33 »
I was going to reply to purplepeak but your message disappeared?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tillypops

• I LOVE camping!
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 31/01/12, 14:34 »

Offline Love2BaMum

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 31/01/12, 14:41 »
    Thanks!

Offline maybenow

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 5/03/12, 19:58 »
    Hi there, my husband's DNA Frag has cmoe back at 25%. Before we rush into ICSI/IMSI, we have been asked to consider getting his DNA Frag down through diet/vitamins..
    My question is, has anyone gotten DNA Frag down and how much by?

Offline tdale

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 9/03/12, 13:28 »
    maybenow- i seem to have a lot of answers to your post, please send me a PM and id be glad to help where i can!

Offline markoty

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #25 on: 24/07/13, 10:15 »
    Thanks for the useful information. I Oligozoospermia out for work in hazardous environments and electromagnetic radiation.
    If I change the type of activity, whether I will recover the semen? Thanks.

Offline JulietP

modify
    Male Factors of infertility.
    « Reply #26 on: 26/06/14, 12:58 »
    Hi there,

I have a question and please forgive me if it's been answered!

DH had a vasectomy reversal after about 3-4 years and an initial test showed sperm present.  However in 2012, tests came back negative.  He had a biopsy Jan 2013 and apparently loads were found although all had zero motility.

Our first round of ICSI in early 2013 we got one embryo that did not survive the 2WW.  Second round I didn't produce enough eggs.  This time we've used an egg donor who produced 10 beautiful eggs, 7 of which fertilised.  After 5 days we were down to 2 floundering embies and by day 6 all were dead.  We haven't had the full run down but initial thoughts are that the sperm were at fault.

My question really is, at biopsy stage, should tests have been done on the sperm to make sure they were viable?  If so, what should have been done? Is there the likelihood that any of the sperm are viable or is it a fact that as they have been lying dormant for 4 years or so, these will be of such poor quality, we should never have used them?  We should be hearing from our clinic tomorrow, but it would be good to be armed with all the information we need.

Thank you for any help. 
    x

Offline Tryingtobstrong2015

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 15/09/14, 16:07 »
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum but am in desperate need for some support.
    I am 29 and DH is 32. We have been trying on and off for a year and a half till April'14 but as I was in a very stressful job and did not 'try' enough I thought it did not happen. In April DH was diagnosed with CMT which he had not idea about. After lots of tears and arguments we resorted to the fact that we will go through IVF-PGD route and stopped 'trying' altogether.

Our referral finally came through in August with out first appointment last Wednesday. They did some vaginal scans and blood tests on me, all clear. However, DH had his first SA and it has come as 'zero sperm count'. They have suggested another SA to double check, but also said that most probably it will be the same. We are devastated!!! I am in tears all the time.

We now understand that DH has to see a Urologist. Where we were eligible for NHS funding for IVF-PGD, we will have to wait to get another referral from the GP and that could take ages. After lots of pondering, we have decided to pay for the investigations and hopefully successful SSR privately. I thought we could call our fertility clinic privately and book it ourselves but we were told that we will have to get a referral even for private consultation?!?! How weird!!

DH also has another SA booked for next Wednesday. I am praying the results change miraculously!! (I know they wont!!)

Offline Chavalar

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 11/07/15, 10:54 »
    Hello everyone,

All this information is great. Thank you.

We're having a bit of rough time. Two days before we were due to start IVF ICSI my appendix burst.

We're due to start again around the 20th July however last week my husband did a SA and it came back shockingly low, 4million count 0.01 morphology, so basically nothing there. The nurse suggested chromosome testing which takes three months. Thing is, last year he did two samples 20million and 23million with mild morphology issues. Not sure why it's so bad this time. We're devastated. I can't take much more. It's been over two years now.

Has anyone else had the chromosome testing or have any experience with PGD?

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 12/04/16, 15:11 »
    Hi, Just thought I'd post these sources
    http://w*w.tribuneindia.com/news/chandigarh/pgi-doctors-ignore-health-hazards-eat-out-of-plastic-bags/214021.html
    ht*p://suhanijain.com/2016/04/03/4-habits-may-cause-infertility-in-men-2/
     I found it useful so other might

/links

Recent Topics