* Author Topic: Intersono  (Read 126671 times)

0 Members

Offline ramonita

• Un-Ranked
modify
Intersono
« on: 24/12/06, 14:13 »
I'm searching the best centre to have a Donor Eggs treatment...Anyone has any informations about Intersono (Lviv, Ukraine)? Or had treatment there?

Thank you!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline longbaygirl

• Gold Member
    modify
    Re: Anyone knows about Intersono/Lviv?
    « Reply #1 on: 28/12/06, 22:05 »
    Join the 'conceiving abroad' yahoo group. There are ladies there who have been/are going to Intersono. If you IM me your e-mail address i will pass it on to the moderator who can send you and invite.

I have not been there myself, (I went to Isida. Kiev) but I have heard good things about Intersono, and there are at least two ladies from the FF board who are pregnant now from Intersono.

Good luck

Offline ramonita

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Re: Anyone knows about Intersono/Lviv?
    « Reply #2 on: 29/12/06, 17:43 »
    Thank you!
    I'm sending you my e-mail!

Do you have twins from ISIDA? Congrats!

Offline Intersono_baby

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Intersono May 30th
    « Reply #3 on: 23/05/07, 17:14 »
    Hi Everyone,

We will be at Intersono, Ukraine starting May 28th doing DE. Would love to meet up with anyone else there during that time.

Please do write!

Love,
    Melissa

Offline Empty2

modify
    Intersono General Chit Chat
    « Reply #4 on: 20/02/08, 08:30 »
    Hi girls,

I just wondered if anyone has, or is going to Intersono as I am trying to find the best route from the UK.
    I would also be interested in your experiences with Intersono.

Thank you
    emps
    x

Offline Empty2

modify
    Re: Best route to Intersono, Lviv?
    « Reply #5 on: 8/03/08, 18:03 »
    Hi all,

I know this looks weird as I am replying to myself....

...but I just wanted to pass on what I have learnt about getting out to Lviv for future visitors to Intersono.

B'ham and East midlands do cheap flights to Poland but the flight from Warsaw is more expensive to get to Lviv, plus a stop over (night) in Warsaw.

Heathrow was our best bet going via Vienna, make sure you go for the longest stop-over, about 3+ hrs to give yourself enough time to get your connecting flight to Lviv.  Our flight was about 340 each.

We also found Lviv Tourist Information was one of the best website to get accommodation, they also pick up from the airport for about 8.  They can also arrange excursions around the area with an English speaking guide for about 8 per hour.  They do rent out apartments that although may only be a bit cheaper that a hotel, you have more freedom to cook and wash clothes etc if you are there for longer, our trip will be for about 10 days (approx 400-500 for 10 nights).

I have found from another website that you have to make sure you have your medical insurance to hand at Lviv airport as they will press you to take out a policy with them.

Anymore information I find I will post. :)

emps

Offline Empty2

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 13/03/08, 14:49 »
    Hi Julen,

Thanks for replying!!! ;D :) You have made me smile! :)

I am sorry you have had no reply from Intersono yet, very surprised!  ^bigbad^ I was advised when making contact to make my emails simple and to the point, maybe if you tried again? I know Dr Lubov is the only English speaker and if you could get an email to her I think this would be best?  I also rang the clinic and spoke to Dr Lubov in person, afternoons seem best.  We are desperately trying to get a Ukraine phrase book before we go, but many guide books suggest Russian as the language most Ukraine speak, so a bit confused.   :-[

We will be going over in about a months time, our angel surrogate is down regulating and we have a donor, so everything is going well, still waiting for something to trip us up though...ever the pessimist! ^idiot^

Not sure if I mentioned on our last posting together but Intersono do blastcyst too, I will update you with our adventure to Ukraine, and hopefully you will hear too soon.

Another thought was have you tried Cape Fertility, Cape Town- Dr Paul LeRoux?

emps
    x

Offline kampsh

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 14/03/08, 06:03 »
    Hello,

I only just saw your post and wanted to keep you company too!
    I am an expat living in Kiev so wanted to offer advice about the language thing. Since the fall of the soviet union the official language of Ukraine is now Ukrainian although for historical reasons and the similarity of the languages people can speak Russian too. Russian is used as the common business language here in Kiev and in the street you mostly hear Russian spoken. The situation in Lviv however is a bit different. The people in the west of the country are more nationalistic and so prefer to use the Ukrainian language all the time. If you are a foreigner though and only know a bit of Russian they will understand you and they don't mind.

It is a really beautiful city I hope you enjoy your time there and that everything continues to work to plan.

All the best

Sarah

PS I also know that Ukrainian International airlines has some flights to Lviv from Frankfurt but I don't know about connections from the UK.

Offline Empty2

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 14/03/08, 12:13 »
    Hi Sarah,

Welcome aboard!  

Thank you, your explanation has made it easier to understand as the guide books focus more on Kiev and then obviously the language spoken there.  I would really feel happier learning basic phrases and have sent off for one guide book of the Ukraine and also a Ukraine language book.  Did you manage to pick the language up OK?

Hopefully I'll get through the airport security at least!  :o This is the only thing I am nervous of  :-[ as some visitors have voiced concerns that at the airport they are forcing you to take out their medical insurance, even when you produce your own.  They have said this doesn't happen if you fly Kiev to Lviv but any other route into Lviv.

We are very lucky to have found in lviv info site, which you can not only book your accommodation with but do tours of the city and hopefully we may get time to go out to see a few of the castles too.

emps
    x
    I have just bought 2 books, one the Bradt guide book of Ukraine (second addition - 2007) and the Ukrainian phrasebook and dictionary (Hippocrene books) and we're finding both extremely helpful.  
    The only problem I have found so far is trying to get Clexane ordered through my GP (the Italian Pharmacy does not stock this), he will only allow me to get out 2 boxes of 10, which of course I will run out of before we get back to the UK!  ^idiot^  Have now managed to get one of the nurses to write out another letter for another box, thankfully Ali at Fazeley Chemist has ordered it in anyway, so it is ready to collect once I have the correct paperwork! ::)

emps
    x

Offline Empty2

kt1,

Congratulations on your  ^BFP^ !!!!!!!!!!  That is really good news!

Hearing good news like yours makes me more confident about our trip to Intersono.  How did you find the staff?  Was it easy enough to get too and from the clinic?  Which apartment did you stay in, we are near the Opera House.

Well we leave in 2 weeks and everything is now arranged and have been swotting with the language book, have post-it notes everywhere with the phrases, we would love to visit the Opera House and the castles too!
    Julen, I hope you have heard from Intersono by now, I know they are quite busy with US patients too.  When we were looking for a Ukrainian donor we were sent their characteristics and medical history including grandparents health etc.  When we chose our donor we were then sent a picture our her as a child (about 5-6 years old).

Will speak soon,
    emps
    x