* Author Topic: Intersono  (Read 126555 times)

0 Members

Offline butterflys

Hi Pen,

Have been away since Thursday with no email access, just home now, had to check how you got on before I go to bed, cant believe it, FANTASIC NEWS - CONGRATS!  See - told you those little guys know a good home when they see it!!!!  Very best of luck.

Get well soon Hearty, I did miss you and wondered were you ok.  Mind yourself and use recovery as a good opportunity for a little R&R in preparation for the big day!

Cant wait to go now, this day 4 weeks my little guys will be snuggled up and here to stay, I hope.....the more the merrier!!!!

Bye for now,

Butterflys x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    I wonder if anyone can help with advice? Just been to drs and told in no uncertain terms he won't help me as I have to do all meds thru Ukraine. I told him I was about to run out of meds and it could be dangerous for me just to stop them all. He wouldn't give me any divigel (I've just taken my last) and he gave me a week of progynova and cyclogest and told me to get the rest online.  Charming. He wouldn't give me 2 hcg blood tests (Intersono asked for 2 three days apart) but only one and that will take 2 weeks (a week to get the appointment and another week for the results). He said to come back when I've stopped taking foreign medication and then he will treat me.  So no early scans for me - i'll have to wait 12 weeks. When I explained about the dreadful pains I have been getting he poo poohed it and said it would have to remain one of lifes great mysteries. I just don't know where to go.  He was a senior partner at the practice. Can I go private do you think?

Offline butterflys

Hi Pen,

My advice is get another opinion straight away. Intersono has a satelite clinic in Dublin - The Sims clinic.  Staff are very helpful, Kathy Brickell is the egg donor co-ordinator and she may be able to advise.  Her email address is [email protected]

Dr David Walsh is also lovely, I'm sure he'd do his best to help,

Contact Information:

SIMS IVF Clinic,
    Rosemount Hall,
    Dundrum Road,
    Dublin 14,
    Ireland

Telephone: +353 (0) 1 299 3920
    Fax: +353 (0) 1 296 8512

Free phone number: 1800 49 77 77

Email: [email protected]

I'm afraid I dont take divigel so I cant help (I take estradiol tablets).

Good Luck,

Butterflys

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Thank you so much for that Butterflys.  I emailed Lyucyna with the problems and she skyped me back tonight.  She is going to get the meds to me within the week - maybe from Dublin?  I may call them about the divigel if she doesn't get back to me on that.  It's Estradiol just like Progynova, which I am already taking, so I may just be able to increase the dose of progynova?  I am also going to contact a local private hospital/clinic to get my bloods and later, my scans done.  It seems the NHS aren't interested if you go abroad.  I am also going back to the nhs clinic and see the Dr I saw first about my pains - she was very keen to investigate it further and I hope will be horrified at what the other Dr said.

Thanks for all that info - it also explains why there are so many Irish ladies on these threads!!

xxxx

Offline Empty2

Pen,

Sorry to hear about your meds, when I left Intersono I had enough for the rest of the cycle and when I had to request a prescription for anything I felt I was running short of my GP and local Chemist (Ali of Fazeley) were both great.  I do have a wonderful GP though but another at the surgery was quite rude when I went in with a list of problems once I had the babies home from hospital as I was unwell myself, he told me to make another appointment as my 10mins had run out, I said I had 4 newborns and he said well you got out today didn't you???? ^bigbad^

A report just as I was getting over the previous cycle before our four little ones said to take full fat products so I had a glass of full fat milk first thing every morning...well till the morning sickness kicked in!

and hearty hope you are feeling better soon  ^daisy^

emps
    x

Offline butterflys

Hi All,

Pen, the generic name is estradiol, and comes in many trade names, Progynova, estrofem (tablets), divigel (gel), estraderm (patch).  Its all oestrogen and I'm guessing the most important thing is that you get the presribed daily mgs. If I ran out of gel I think I'd up the tabs to compensate, my only concern is that the absorption rates may differ so you'd need to check with a doctor.  There is a reason that you've been prescribed both tablets and gel !!! The most important thing is that you dont let your meds run or your oestrogen levels will drop.

Best of luck,

Butterflys x

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Thanks Butterflys.  I've had a nightmare day so far.  Tried to get scans this morning but private clinic needs a GP referral.  So spent day trying to get Intersono to do me a letter.  Which they did.  So have to phone them tomorrow and hope they accpet a letter from a Ukraine clinic.  Then picked up weeks meds from drs - only to find the git had only given me 4 days.  Got Intersono to get Italy to send me meds, but won't arrive till Monday.  Cos I don't have any divigel left they've told me to up the progynova - so even the 4 days won't last.  So have to go back to dr for more.  Oh FFfFFFFffsdfff socks. AND I spent 45 mins trying to get thru to hospital for blood test from dr, Weds was earliest they can do.

Offline butterflys

Hi Penny,

Hang on in there, it will all work out in the end, you'll see!  How are you feeling today?

Butterflys x

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Hi - just a quick update.  Getting meds from Italy today (after more trauma).  Had private beta and after a massively painful 3 days trying to get results, got them yesterday (they wouldn't tell me, it had to be a dr and they couldn't get thru to Intersono on any fax no ^bigbad^ ).  It was 6011 at just before 5 weeks.

I am more than a little concerned that my symptoms are lessening and worse than that, I've gone from constipated to the other way and stayed like that for a few days - that is always the signal for start of af..so you can imagine what I'm thinking. :-[

I have another beta tomorrow, so should know better how things are going and please, please let them have risen enough for me to stop this endless worry and monitoring of symptoms.  I just want to relax and enjoy the pregnancy, but after 2 miscarriages it's really difficult.

Hearty and Butterflies - update please!  You must be starting meds soon and getting ready to go!  How are you both doing?

Offline butterflys

Hi Penny,

Wish I was at your stage!  Remember keep positive, this is work and you're beautiful baby will be so worth it!

I'm having transfer 02 Aug, having first scan Thursday and then starting all meds, cant wait! Even the injections are all part of it, its great being on this side of it, all hope and expectations, I've been the other side twice (three times actually as I had a cancelled cycle a couple of days before transfer) so I do know the bitter taste of disapointment.  My motto is "no regrets" - if its not meant to be at least DH and I know we've given it our best shot, thats all any of us can do.

Best of luck to all,

Butterflys x