* Author Topic: Intersono  (Read 126557 times)

0 Members

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
Butterflys you are so right.  It's great getting the needles out because you know that it's finally happening at last!  Like you I had 2 failed cycles and one abandoned, so I really hope you are third time lucky too.

I think you are doing the right thing going to Intersono - there are many more who go to Isida, but I think Intersono wins hands down (Isida seem to only put back 3 day embies and constantly put 6 back at a time - they also seem quite lax about vitamins/folic acid for the donor etc).  Intersono also seem to have much better results, so this is all in your favour. 

Am waiting for blood test tomorrow (and hopefully organise a scan with dr in morning) to find out if hcg levels are rising. If all is well then I will finish my blog and update with photos from latest trip (might help you with the apartment!).  Should know in a few days.  Been feeling quite sick on and off for last couple of days, so am back to thinking it's a good sign.  Emotions all over the place!  Will let you know when I do.

Wishing you loads of  ^fairydust^

penx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hearty

Hi Girls

Firstly, again, i'm so sorry, I landed back in hospital with the diverticulitus again and am only home since yesterday, I was in for a week and a half and i was desperate to see how you all are.  I dont know what to do about this, i'm still sore but hoping it's easing, i'm worrying about getting to ukraine but am trying to be calm; it's a bad reaction have now had 4 wks of antibiotics and nearly 3 wks in hospital.

But Pen, Oh My God!  Who's that doctor?  When I read your postings I wanted to get on a plane, go over there and knock his block off.  How DARE he?  Who does he think he is?  "Foreign clinic" sounds decidedly racist to me. Oh you poor thing, you're going through the mill.  Listen, from what I know, going from constipation to the other extreme can be because the bowel is going thru rapid changes due to the hormones.  I know you must be up the wall but those hcg sound bloody good girl.  What news on the scan/bloods.

Butterflys how are you pet?  My first scan in thur too!!!!  I'm still on the sniffer but finished the pill cant remember what's next but i must read my cycle stuff.  How are you feeling?

Emps, how are you and your brood?

I'll sign on soon, and i'm looking forward to GREAT news!!!!

love

Hearty

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Hi hearty,
    You poor thing. All this on top of the ivf.   I can only guess that the meds will possibly be hard for you, progesterone certainly Gives you constipation. How are you going to manage that? Can you control it through diet?

The anti biotics may be a good thing, I've read about a lot of girls doing ivf who routinely are given anti biotics at the start!

Re my bowels! I discovered a week or so ago that I had suddenly become lactose intolerant (still can't believe it). I was feeling very sick after most meals and even my cups of tea.  I had to run to the loo after eating anything with cheese or milk in. I thought I was losing the pregnancy, because my bowels go from stuffed to loose when my period starts. But after yet another cup of tea made me sick I put two and two together.. Since cutting out milk, butter and cheese my bowels are back to being constipated! Can't believe I'm happy about that! The nausea is now loads better, it never felt like ms anyway (too much, too soon and not quite right) , and the ms is slowly kicking in as it should about now.

Have had one scan at 5w6d, which revealed 2 sacs and yolks.  No fetal poles or heartbeats, but the nurse said it was prob too early to see (a lot do have heartbeats at that time tho). So I now have another thing to fret about! I have the next scan a week today and that should be all there. Please! If it is then I can relax a lot more,  altho the thought of twins is terrifying (and exciting).

You must be very excited and I think it must help to know that the clinic you are going to has such good success stories! You are going to be the next!

Love penx     

Offline Hearty

hiya pen

to be honest i'm trying not to think too much about it.  Unfortunatly the attack hasn't passed yet and although i'm generally fairly upbeat, it's really getting to me, i'm so afraid i wont be able to go. However, i'm doing my best to do exactly what i'm told i just dont know why it's taking so bloody long!  On the upside, i've now been without my usual crap calorie laden diet for 4 wks so i've lost about 16llbs!!!  Not the way to do it but i have to find some positive!!!!!

O man you're having a time of it aren't u?  I dont mean to say the wrong thing but feeling ms is good though isn't it?  And I cant believe i missed the twins part!!!  WOW!!!!!!!!!  Big smiley face right at ya!  ;D   I'll keep all fingers and toes crossed for the scan; it was v early to see before pet, sure often times people barely hear heart beats at that stage! 

As a matter of interest, how many do intersono put back?

loadsa love and genesis thoughts!!!!

Hearty

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    Hi Hearty - glad you are so upbeat - keep smiling, it's meant to be and I'm sure it will happen for you.  You've time enough to recover and then you'll have a fab time in L'viv - such a lovely place this time of year.  Not long now and you'll be having sips of their award winning melted chocolate in a cup!

Re eggs.  I've had 3 put back each time.  The first time was cos the eggs were not the highest quality and only 3 survived.  The second time was because the last tx didn't work AND I had a very thin lining of 7mm (they thought none would take - that was obvious).  Isida (Kiev) seem to regularly put back 5 or 6 (which I think irresponsible) but Intersono stop at 3.  It will almost certainly depend on the quality and how your lining is doing!

xx

Offline going again

As far as my experience of ISIDA goes, the doctors do not regularly transfer five or six embryos.......my first transfer was only two...the second was five, admittedly, but that was at my insistence....my calculated risk and not necessarily what the clinic advised or did as a matter of course...........so much depends on, as you have said, MM, the quality of the embryo, whether it is fresh or frozen and the state of the lining into which it is being transferred.......

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    I stand corrected - but not having been there I can only comment on what I see on forums like these and believe me, you are not alone in having 5 or more. You must have noticed others concerns at having several put back?

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter.  If it's a risk you are prepared to take then who cares what I think? And we know how desperate it can be not to conceive.  The thought that you will ever get pregnant ever again becomes so impossibly far fetched that you'll do anything to increase that small insignificant chance - even risk multiple pregnancy. 

Now I'm facing the possibility of twins I regret having 3 put back. In retrospect 2 would have been more sensible.  Still it will be nice for them to have a soul mate to understand all about their unique background and culture. As soon as we know they are developing ok I'm going to put together a scrap book for them (emps had the idea) with our journey to pregnancy and as much as we know about their egg mother and the beautiful city they came from. I hope  if they know from the start then it won't be shock later.

What is anyone else doing?

Xx

Offline Hearty

hi all

i think the idea of a scrapbook is a wonderful idea.  We've just finished our 5yr long adoption procedure here in Dublin and in fairness I learned alot.  I think it's vital for our children to know their identity and culture and when it's age appropriate the discussions start, before that, pictures are so wonderful.  We are doing that if we proceed with the adoption and I think it's a great idea for our miracle donor babies too. 

love

hearty

Offline Hearty

hi everyone

me again!!!!!!!  um, cannot get ukranian currency; butterflys did u have any joy?  Ulster bank said it'd take a month, bank of ireland said they cant get it!!!!  Pen, will taxi's etc take euros just in case?  aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!

love

hearty

Offline mad margaret

• Gold Member
    No you won't get the money in time. I have some but how long until you go? I could post it to you. Ive got about 60 worth. The taxis won't take euros but sometimes dollars (most will not). Not sure which apartment you are staying in? The one outside the town, ie not rynok square, was where we last stayed and we were met by the landlady and her husband drove the taxi. She spoke excellent English (he spoke none) and would have happily stopped at a cash point for us if we needed it. We arranged through InLviv for the taxi.

You could look up cashpoint in Ukrainian, write it down and then show the driver on the way.  Unfortunately, I have not met one single taxi driver who speaks English!

Let me know if you want me to send the money to you,
    Penx